collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wearing Villa shirts out  (Read 16294 times)

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
Re: Wearing Villa shirts out
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2014, 08:10:13 PM »
I walked past a bloke on Streatham High Rd, London the other day wearing a Villa training jacket.

I said "Up the Villa!" And he looked at me odd, then looked at the badge and said "Oh, I'm not Villa. Looked a warm jacket in the charity shop"...

Offline class_of_82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2014, 08:24:22 PM »
Small- rodent
 I work in Central London on the gas and I wear my villa hat always no matter if I'm outside mill walls ground I still wear it and everyone comments and says "villa" and I say yea mate the club I love and we chat for ages. Was working late one night when Qpr-Millwall was having it off on the uxbridge road and there was me on a dumper truck with my villa hat on coppers everywhere and me in the middle of it all imagine the looks I got

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2014, 10:22:51 PM »
I used to wear my 97 Reebok home shirt everywhere until someone snatch and grabbed it off the clothesline. I really like the black shirt with the claret and blue checks down the sides from the Houllier season, and would wear it a lot more if my missus didn't get my surname lettered on the back.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2014, 11:16:09 PM »
I used to wear my 97 Reebok home shirt everywhere until someone snatch and grabbed it off the clothesline. I really like the black shirt with the claret and blue checks down the sides from the Houllier season, and would wear it a lot more if my missus didn't get my surname lettered on the back.

;D

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2014, 12:13:57 AM »
I walked past a bloke on Streatham High Rd, London the other day wearing a Villa training jacket.

I said "Up the Villa!" And he looked at me odd, then looked at the badge and said "Oh, I'm not Villa. Looked a warm jacket in the charity shop"...

And there, ladies and gents, is That London in a nutshell.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2014, 07:41:22 AM »
However I wore a 94/95 home shirt to Glastonbury this year and people were either shaking my hand, complimenting me on the shirt or having lengthy discussions about footy.
However I wore a 94/95 home shirt to Glastonbury this year and people were either shaking my hand, complimenting me on the shirt or having lengthy discussions about footy.

I met a guy at Glastonbury in the stripey Muller shirt! Think it was watching Jake Bugg - was it you?  :o

I managed to get my pic on the OS at Glastonbury in a Villa T shirt (not a replicashirt) & my Stan mask, after I tweeted it with a AVFC hashtag.

I high fived a vIlla fan in a toilet queue in Dairy ground - was it either of you?

I met a guy at Glastonbury in the stripey Muller shirt! Think it was watching Jake Bugg - was it you?  :o

I managed to get my pic on the OS at Glastonbury in a Villa T shirt (not a replicashirt) & my Stan mask, after I tweeted it with a AVFC hashtag.

I high fived a vIlla fan in a toilet queue in Dairy ground - was it either of you?

That might have been me. I wore last seasons home to Glastonbury. It was a long selvage issue so wore it to bed!

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2014, 08:18:06 PM »

To put it like this was your first pint the best was your first car no matter how bad it was the best and was your first shag the best in my view yes yes yes a magical night that will be always be in my mind cause it was like my pint ,shag and car the first it's in the history books and know one can ever change that. Just so hope another generation can one day re-live what we went through

My first car turned out to be a 500 quid rust bucket that wouldn't start, my first shag was a chubby lass from Essex with my mate on sloppy seconds and my first pint was followed by 3 or 4 more, a marathon vomiting session, and my first hangover.  My first Villa European Cup win would be pretty hard to beat though.   

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »
Don't wear the kit to games, oddly though I sometimes put the top on if I'm listening to an away game on the radio or watching at home on tv.

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 09:09:10 AM »
Hardly wear mine - got an Acorns one I wear to matches if I'm not going out afterwards or taking youngsters who like to wear their colours. Also got an old AST blue one that I wear if I'm biking up the canals.

When I was a youth I'd go to games with a shirt over a sweatshirt and nothing else even in the middle of winter just as the young lads do now. Too cold for me these days.

I've got a two and a half year old son and we're expecting twin boys shortly so in the future I am anticipating a) less sleep b) a lot more replica kit around the house

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2014, 09:14:19 AM »
I watched the 95-96 portion of the 1000 Premier League Villa goals last night. I don't give a shit i'll get stick today out about, that blue away kits going on today!

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
I think they're an absolutely brilliant thing, one of the top aspects of modern thing. It just seems to symbolise a unity between the team and the fans, and particularly in summer, look ace as the ground is literally a sea of claret and Blue.

This picture comes to mind as an example, I'm not sure it'd be such an iconic image without all the fat blokes wearing the Macron.

You may offend one or two portly gents on this forum with that comment!  (not that I have any knowledge of the size of anyone on here!)

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »
I think they're an absolutely brilliant thing, one of the top aspects of modern thing. It just seems to symbolise a unity between the team and the fans, and particularly in summer, look ace as the ground is literally a sea of claret and Blue.

This picture comes to mind as an example, I'm not sure it'd be such an iconic image without all the fat blokes wearing the Macron.

You may offend one or two portly gents on this forum with that comment!  (not that I have any knowledge of the size of anyone on here!)
I ate all the pies!!

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2014, 12:11:22 AM »

That's the wallpaper on my work computer. I was at that game as well  8)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2014, 12:13:13 AM »
I've been assured by my football-hostile lady that the colours of AVFC are extremely natty and complementary. I now have an excuse to wear as much claret and blue as I can (though the line is drawn at the actual holy shirt, sadly).

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2014, 12:13:36 AM »

Haha could well have been as it was the Muller one and I did indeed go and see Jake Bugg.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:18:08 AM by SW9-VILLA »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal