collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279973 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #915 on: November 09, 2016, 07:16:40 PM »
How much was De Laet?

£2.5m or thereabouts?

More or less fuck all these days.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #916 on: November 09, 2016, 10:11:08 PM »
Is De Laet that much of an improvement really? It seems like a lot of money for not a great deal of improvement in the grans scheme of things...sometimes I honestly suspected it was just Hutton in a wig.

Disagree with this, as he looked a more solid option than Hutton.  Think he would link up well with Adomah as well. 

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #917 on: November 09, 2016, 11:18:47 PM »
Is De Laet that much of an improvement really? It seems like a lot of money for not a great deal of improvement in the grans scheme of things...sometimes I honestly suspected it was just Hutton in a wig.

Disagree with this, as he looked a more solid option than Hutton.  Think he would link up well with Adomah as well.

Yeah I agree, thought he looked quite promising before the unfortunate injury

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #918 on: November 09, 2016, 11:52:37 PM »
A couple of days after reading some of these comments I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that there are people who still think Hutton has a great attitude and always puts in a shift.  He quite simply hasn't and doesn't.  That fact is blindingly obvious to anyone who watches him with more than a passing interest.   Steaming up the pitch, and then floating in a useless cross straight into the keepers waiting hands or half way up the stand, and then jogging nonchalantly back to his own half as a spectator to the inevitable counter attack resulting from his inept delivery, usually arriving back in time to see the player he should have been marking make use of the yawning Hutton shaped hole in our defence to create or score a goal, does not, in my book, constitute putting in a shift or showing a great attitude.  OK he hasn't slagged off the club, and he came back from the bomb squad with a bit of integrity, but please let's not confuse that with any actual footballing ability or bust a gut attitude when called upon to perform.  These days he barely seems able to muster the enthusiasm to indulge in his more thuggish tendencies.   If ever a player was going through the motions, it's Hutton.  And not very effectively either.  If he was that bothered, he'd have been out on the training pitch learning and practising how to whip in a dangerous cross.  He obviously either can't be bothered to do this, or he's tried and proved incapable of doing it.  Neither outcome speaks volumes about him as a player, nor about his attitude or commitment.  Not adequate at all, not even at this level.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #919 on: November 10, 2016, 09:34:36 AM »
A couple of days after reading some of these comments I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that there are people who still think Hutton has a great attitude and always puts in a shift.  He quite simply hasn't and doesn't.  That fact is blindingly obvious to anyone who watches him with more than a passing interest.   Steaming up the pitch, and then floating in a useless cross straight into the keepers waiting hands or half way up the stand, and then jogging nonchalantly back to his own half as a spectator to the inevitable counter attack resulting from his inept delivery, usually arriving back in time to see the player he should have been marking make use of the yawning Hutton shaped hole in our defence to create or score a goal, does not, in my book, constitute putting in a shift or showing a great attitude.  OK he hasn't slagged off the club, and he came back from the bomb squad with a bit of integrity, but please let's not confuse that with any actual footballing ability or bust a gut attitude when called upon to perform.  These days he barely seems able to muster the enthusiasm to indulge in his more thuggish tendencies.   If ever a player was going through the motions, it's Hutton.  And not very effectively either.  If he was that bothered, he'd have been out on the training pitch learning and practising how to whip in a dangerous cross.  He obviously either can't be bothered to do this, or he's tried and proved incapable of doing it.  Neither outcome speaks volumes about him as a player, nor about his attitude or commitment.  Not adequate at all, not even at this level.

I can't be arsed to go back over sixty-odd pages but, I can almost guarantee that no one has said that Alan Hutton is any kind of a good footballer, so no one is confused.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #920 on: November 10, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »
I do actually think he's decent enough. Sorry.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #921 on: November 10, 2016, 11:10:04 AM »
I will tell you what is a miss. De Laet has a fucking huge throw in in his locker.

You'll be telling us next that he also has the remarkable ability of throwing the ball to a player in the same coloured shirt!  :o

Offline achilles

« Reply #922 on: November 10, 2016, 12:15:28 PM »
A couple of days after reading some of these comments I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that there are people who still think Hutton has a great attitude and always puts in a shift.  He quite simply hasn't and doesn't.  That fact is blindingly obvious to anyone who watches him with more than a passing interest.   Steaming up the pitch, and then floating in a useless cross straight into the keepers waiting hands or half way up the stand, and then jogging nonchalantly back to his own half as a spectator to the inevitable counter attack resulting from his inept delivery, usually arriving back in time to see the player he should have been marking make use of the yawning Hutton shaped hole in our defence to create or score a goal, does not, in my book, constitute putting in a shift or showing a great attitude. OK he hasn't slagged off the club, and he came back from the bomb squad with a bit of integrity, but please let's not confuse that with any actual footballing ability or bust a gut attitude when called upon to perform.  These days he barely seems able to muster the enthusiasm to indulge in his more thuggish tendencies.   If ever a player was going through the motions, it's Hutton.  And not very effectively either.  If he was that bothered, he'd have been out on the training pitch learning and practising how to whip in a dangerous cross.  He obviously either can't be bothered to do this, or he's tried and proved incapable of doing it.  Neither outcome speaks volumes about him as a player, nor about his attitude or commitment.  Not adequate at all, not even at this level.

So this is one of the players that has played in all the games since Bruce's arrival and has helped us achieve a record of played 5, won 3 and drawn 2 to remain unbeaten, well he must be crap then!

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #923 on: November 10, 2016, 12:32:47 PM »

I agree and believe he is going through the motions (see my post above #909) and that is why his career has gone downhill.  Lack of motivation can usually be seen in willing to do the easy things but not the hard yards.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #924 on: November 10, 2016, 01:03:28 PM »
I don't question his attitude or effort; it's simply that he's not very good at anything other than the basics. His crossing is diabolical and gets caught out of position too frequently.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #925 on: November 10, 2016, 01:22:19 PM »
For me Hutton is somewhere in the middle. He does not completely lack desire as some have suggested, nor is he Mr Aston Villa.

That aside, he has contributed to our upturn under Bruce and therefore is worthy of his place at present.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #926 on: November 11, 2016, 05:42:19 PM »
I will tell you what is a miss. De Laet has a fucking huge throw in in his locker.

You'll be telling us next that he also has the remarkable ability of throwing the ball to a player in the same coloured shirt!  :o

Don't be daft.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #927 on: November 11, 2016, 08:05:38 PM »
He always puts in a shift

It's just that he's shocking on the ball

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #928 on: November 12, 2016, 09:59:30 AM »

I can't be arsed to go back over sixty-odd pages but, I can almost guarantee that no one has said that Alan Hutton is any kind of a good footballer, so no one is confused.

Plenty of people are saying he's adequate for this level.  Doesn't that indicate they think he has some football ability ?  And your selective quote missed off the bit about his bust a gut attitude.  Plenty of people look to be confused about that from what I've seen.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #929 on: November 12, 2016, 10:24:10 AM »
I'm not a big fan of Hutton at all, he's personally one of the poorest right backs of I've seen down there. Although, apart from his balls up at Blues which nearly cost us a goal, I think he's been decent since Bruce has been here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal