collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 881816 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Radio WM
« Reply #2790 on: April 24, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »
I did make interesting listening we were pissing ourselves I bet most were kept awake by the bitterness towards the most horrible man in football.

Nice to hear Morley say in their day Gabby wouldn't have been allowed in the dressing room

Well, he is a scouser.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2791 on: April 24, 2017, 10:44:28 AM »
The last caller moaning about Villa bias on the commentary, only to be told he was listening to the wrong feed.

Yep, I had more than a chuckle at that - sums them up perfectly!
Yes but, he may not have had control over which he listened to if the radio wasn't his.  It always amazes me how they think it is necessary to have two broadcasts of the same match.  If they were doing the job professionally their coverage should be unbiased.

Although I think he was right, it certainly sounded to me as if the commentator was celebrating when the goal went in.

Incidentally did they do the same for the Dingles match?  As I went to that one I didn't bother with the radio coverage.

Local radio provides match coverage with a bias towards the local side, 5Live handle the neutral duties.

In yesterdays case, the commentator and summariser can't be biased to one or the other so, having other broadcast platforms available, they have two commentaries. Richard Wilford covers the majority of Small Heath games so was paired with Darren Carter, and Regan with Morley for us. The added issue is that the club have an agreement with WM to simulcast the coverage on our website so people expect a slant towards Villa. In the past they used to have one commentary with two pundits, one representing each side.

Despite the poor standard of the match reaction and phone in coverage, the commentaries aren't that bad and the way they do the Derby coverage is ideal, down to the away side being broadcast on FM, the platform with the biggest reach.

WM mentioned all of the above numerous times before the game yesterday and isn't their fault if that 'nose wasn't just stupid enough to listen to the wrong feed, he was even more stupid to phone up and complain. The gift that keeps on giving indeed.

Mark Regan's a bluenose. He was just reinvented as the commentator with a Villa bias when it was realised there was nobody at WM who liked Villa. I remember his snide digs at Villa in the past (particularly around '02/'03 when Small Heath were first promoted).

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #2792 on: April 24, 2017, 11:56:04 AM »
The last caller moaning about Villa bias on the commentary, only to be told he was listening to the wrong feed.

Yes I heard that too, we were pissing ourself listening to that in the car on the way home. Comedy Gold.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2793 on: April 24, 2017, 01:55:15 PM »
SH - 'Rego' is definitely a Villa fan mate.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #2794 on: April 24, 2017, 03:15:18 PM »
His hyper style commentating at anything in or around the box is annoying.I think we've scored only to learn we've got a corner .

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #2795 on: April 24, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »
I did make interesting listening we were pissing ourselves I bet most were kept awake by the bitterness towards the most horrible man in football.

Nice to hear Morley say in their day Gabby wouldn't have been allowed in the dressing room

Well, he is a scouser.

He`s from Ormskirk - West Lancs  :)

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #2796 on: April 24, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
Who was the bloke doing the texts and social media tonight? Moaning that Villa fans, were talking about Paul Robinson's punch on Chester. Must have been a nose, as he sounded like he'd rather have been doing anything other that reading out the texts. I'd bet he tastes like lemons.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #2797 on: April 24, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »
Who was the bloke doing the texts and social media tonight? Moaning that Villa fans, were talking about Paul Robinson's punch on Chester. Must have been a nose, as he sounded like he'd rather have been doing anything other that reading out the texts. I'd bet he tastes like lemons.

That guy reading the texts is Rob Guerney who is a Cov City fan, snigger snigger.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2798 on: April 24, 2017, 08:04:47 PM »
That would be Smethwick fan Rob Gurney.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #2799 on: April 24, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »

Kippax, I'm sure he is a Cov fan but may be wrong.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2800 on: April 24, 2017, 08:07:54 PM »

Oh yeh thinking about it the last but one caller was a Cov fan and Gurney seemed to know a lot about their situation.  He does commentate on Smethwick games.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #2801 on: April 24, 2017, 08:10:20 PM »

Oh yeh thinking about it the last but one caller was a Cov fan and Gurney seemed to know a lot about their situation.  He does commentate on Smethwick games.

Just checked him out Kippax, he is a true Sky Blue fan, how sad for him.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #2802 on: April 24, 2017, 09:04:13 PM »
Yes Rob Gurney is a sky blue..but Rego is a Leeds fan..or he was when he was at school.

I missed the phone in tonight. Has Polly been on? That would've been entertaining. Some of her grandkids are Villa fans as she revealed. Lucky them!

She's probably already claiming that Arry is so much better than Zola like she said with him with regard to Rowett.

I would also have thought Si would definitely have been on given the infatuation with Gabby?

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #2803 on: April 25, 2017, 02:16:22 AM »
Missed the first few minutes of tonights show but i am pretty certain  that Polly failed to come on .She is probably still to upset that her boys lost to the Villa .The other Small Heath clown Ken came on though and was reluctant to admit if he wanted Villa to win at Blackburn

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2804 on: April 25, 2017, 08:25:37 AM »

That Coventry fan who called in actually rang up to say how disapointed he was with Walsall which I thought was bizarre bearing in mind what a shambles his own team is.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal