collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by olaftab
[Today at 06:36:06 PM]

Re: VAR by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:35:46 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 06:34:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Richard E
[Today at 06:31:46 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 06:29:42 PM]

Bristol Villa fans by Chipsticks
[Today at 06:27:00 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:26:12 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 06:25:27 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Radio WM  (Read 882308 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: Radio WM
« Reply #2775 on: April 23, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »
Bitter Blue nose Pete.  'The horriblest person in football comes on and scores for them.'  Makes it even sweeter to listen to this stuff.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #2776 on: April 23, 2017, 02:16:15 PM »
"He's not a very nice person."

I'm really enjoying this.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2777 on: April 23, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »
Horriblest person in football? Really?

Yes, he has some problems with his 3 mothers of his children but in the same vein as Adam Johnson or Lee Hughes?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2778 on: April 23, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »
The last caller moaning about Villa bias on the commentary, only to be told he was listening to the wrong feed.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2779 on: April 23, 2017, 02:49:47 PM »
The last caller moaning about Villa bias on the commentary, only to be told he was listening to the wrong feed.

Yep, I had more than a chuckle at that - sums them up perfectly!

Offline Bungle

• http://www.loftys-stores.co.uk
« Reply #2780 on: April 23, 2017, 04:04:29 PM »

Yes but, he may not have had control over which he listened to if the radio wasn't his.  It always amazes me how they think it is necessary to have two broadcasts of the same match.  If they were doing the job professionally their coverage should be unbiased.

Although I think he was right, it certainly sounded to me as if the commentator was celebrating when the goal went in.

Incidentally did they do the same for the Dingles match?  As I went to that one I didn't bother with the radio coverage.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2781 on: April 23, 2017, 04:25:25 PM »

Yes but, he may not have had control over which he listened to if the radio wasn't his.  It always amazes me how they think it is necessary to have two broadcasts of the same match.  If they were doing the job professionally their coverage should be unbiased.

Although I think he was right, it certainly sounded to me as if the commentator was celebrating when the goal went in.

Incidentally did they do the same for the Dingles match?  As I went to that one I didn't bother with the radio coverage.

If you heard him, I doubt he's got control over his shoelaces.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2782 on: April 23, 2017, 04:35:16 PM »

If you heard him, I doubt he's got control over his shoelaces.

Probably forgot to ask for his shoelaces back last time he was released from custody.

Offline villabear

« Reply #2783 on: April 24, 2017, 02:21:34 AM »
Bitter Blue nose Pete.  'The horriblest person in football comes on and scores for them.'  Makes it even sweeter to listen to this stuff.

He's 65 you know.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #2784 on: April 24, 2017, 05:26:37 AM »
It's lucky he is in social housing, thats the only way he could afford a DAB radio.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2785 on: April 24, 2017, 06:39:55 AM »

Hilarious, what a fucking plumb!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #2786 on: April 24, 2017, 08:31:29 AM »
I did make interesting listening we were pissing ourselves I bet most were kept awake by the bitterness towards the most horrible man in football.

Nice to hear Morley say in their day Gabby wouldn't have been allowed in the dressing room

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #2787 on: April 24, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »

Local radio provides match coverage with a bias towards the local side, 5Live handle the neutral duties.

In yesterdays case, the commentator and summariser can't be biased to one or the other so, having other broadcast platforms available, they have two commentaries. Richard Wilford covers the majority of Small Heath games so was paired with Darren Carter, and Regan with Morley for us. The added issue is that the club have an agreement with WM to simulcast the coverage on our website so people expect a slant towards Villa. In the past they used to have one commentary with two pundits, one representing each side.

Despite the poor standard of the match reaction and phone in coverage, the commentaries aren't that bad and the way they do the Derby coverage is ideal, down to the away side being broadcast on FM, the platform with the biggest reach.

WM mentioned all of the above numerous times before the game yesterday and isn't their fault if that 'nose wasn't just stupid enough to listen to the wrong feed, he was even more stupid to phone up and complain. The gift that keeps on giving indeed.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2788 on: April 24, 2017, 10:34:25 AM »
Horriblest person in football? Really?

Yes, he has some problems with his 3 mothers of his children but in the same vein as Adam Johnson or Lee Hughes?

They've just created this persona from nowhere that Gabby is some kind of monster. It's absolute horse-shit, the bloke has done nothing to them but score goal after goal after goal against them, so they now pretend there's something sinister going on.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2789 on: April 24, 2017, 10:39:31 AM »

Local radio provides match coverage with a bias towards the local side, 5Live handle the neutral duties.

In yesterdays case, the commentator and summariser can't be biased to one or the other so, having other broadcast platforms available, they have two commentaries. Richard Wilford covers the majority of Small Heath games so was paired with Darren Carter, and Regan with Morley for us. The added issue is that the club have an agreement with WM to simulcast the coverage on our website so people expect a slant towards Villa. In the past they used to have one commentary with two pundits, one representing each side.

Despite the poor standard of the match reaction and phone in coverage, the commentaries aren't that bad and the way they do the Derby coverage is ideal, down to the away side being broadcast on FM, the platform with the biggest reach.

WM mentioned all of the above numerous times before the game yesterday and isn't their fault if that 'nose wasn't just stupid enough to listen to the wrong feed, he was even more stupid to phone up and complain. The gift that keeps on giving indeed.

It was much more difficult to listen to our comms in any case surely? Most people still have more access to the normal frequency than getting the digital radio out. I just listened to Carter and Wilford who were obviously willing SHA on but weren't too bad in the biased stakes.

I reckon the nose deliberately listened to Morley and Regan so he could get all offended and ring up to complain. Or is that too clever for him?!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal