collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Worst Villa moments of the season.  (Read 10418 times)

Offline frank black

Re: Worst Villa moments of the season.
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »
Bradford

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 08:42:22 PM »
Millwall away was the only game I made this season. Freezing, game held-up by Millwall fans acting like eejits, two woeful sides playing very little football and losing to a last minute winner. The only thing to cap it off was the waiting like animals in a pen for ages afterwards.

The last half hour of the Bradford game at home was shameful, I'm glad I decided not to go.

Chelsea was embarrasing but they'd done it to us not so long ago when we were supposedly a great team.

Offline Five Villa Tattoos

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 08:44:11 PM »
Chelsea away. £55. Followed by working 10 hours on Christmas Day  with loads of "hilarious" Chelsea fans each giving me, wait for it, a box of after eights. Laugh? I needed fresh pants.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »
The Millwall game was dire to be fair. After they equalised, we just kept hoofing it forward which they dealt with comfortably. It must of been Shittu's easiest game of the season. The cold was awful and I remember my feet going numb in the second-half. Not to mention the Millwall fans being true to form. The only saving grace was that it was a short bus ride home for me. Felt for all those who had to go all the way back up to Brum.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »
Would it be fair to say that the run of results from Chelsea away to Newcastle home were the worst in our history? Or recent history at least?
Yes, your spot on. 7 league games 3 points -17 goals. Also, those two legs v Bradford and that late defeat in the FA Cup v Millwall.

Offline chrisf

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »
The last 30 minutes against Bradford at Villa Park was the worst football I've seen by a Villa side in 40 odd years given the context. The five players strung across the front, no shape of any kind, Stephen Ireland hiding among others, and their goalkeeper barely making a save in that time - against a side three divisions below us. That was as low as it got - not just this season, but many a season.
+1

Lambert had lost the plot big style at this point and had me seriously close to turning.
Four strikers standing within 10 yards of each other with no supply line FFS.

Offline mike

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2013, 09:13:13 PM »
Wigan beating Spurs in the 90th minute. I thought we were gone.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2013, 09:32:10 PM »
December 23rd to January 29th... arguably the most embarrassing month in the 138 years of our history.

Online TaxDodger

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2013, 09:43:05 PM »
Bradford is the worst moment in my Villa supporting life.

Offline HertsVilla

• I say telescopic dampers, I mean rigid stays...
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2013, 09:52:53 PM »
A toss up for me between Millwall and Bradford away.

Bradford away was an absolute travesty; I just remember sitting utterly stunned on the unending coach journey all they way back to Brum...

As for Millwall, I travelled alone from Stevenage and got off the tube at London Bridge and went into a nearby pub I knew familiarly well as a drinking spot from a previous job in the area. The pub had always been a typical city workers gastropub type place so I figured it’d be business as usual. Proudly strolling in wearing my claret and blue bar scarf I was greeted by a wall of skinheads, burberry and sovereigns. I did a full circle and walked around the other side of the bar to the other door but not before a bruiser came over and said in no uncertain terms that I should get out before ‘he did me’. Very foolish I know, but exiled in the south I’m always so proud to wear my colours; but a mistake I won’t make again!!! Being stuck in that pen after watching such an abject performance had me convinced that we’d be visiting dumps like that next season. Fortunately, that’s not to be.

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2013, 09:59:55 PM »
Failing to beat a team in the fourth tier of English football over two legs is something I have never experienced before and never want to again

Awful

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 10:03:17 PM »
Bradford home

First home game where I've ever missed the kick off due to work and then traffic on M6

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 10:03:44 PM »
After December/January, I still think that at probably any other club, with an owner actually involved on a day to day basis, Lambert would have been sacked and rightly so after that run of results.

The long term benefit of it not happening is that Lambert may have learnt some harsh lessons about players, tactics and the size of the job and will come out better for it.

Still doesn't make those few weeks any less painful.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2013, 10:06:25 PM »
the combined 15-0 over Christmas, but specifically the 8-0 at Chelsea which after all is now our heaviest ever defeat in our 139 year existence - nuff said.

How many we're there at the end? Me, my two lads ..... Not many more.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2013, 10:07:02 PM »
The run of embarrassing games around Christmas was terrible but the second half against Bradford at VP was shockingly inept.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal