collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:19:32 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 01:18:18 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 01:11:05 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:10:53 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 01:10:39 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:48:15 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by London Villan
[Today at 12:45:25 PM]

Diego Carlos by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:14:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:19:32 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 01:18:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:18:16 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 01:14:38 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:13:13 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:13:12 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:11:59 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 01:11:05 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will you be watching....  (Read 29480 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Re: Will you be watching....
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
3-0

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2013, 05:07:19 PM »
Bradford are a total embarrassment to the competition in this final, an utter disgrace.  They have been utterly terrible in the first half and thankfully their luck appears to have run out.  Living in Sheffield I was facing having to have wall to wall coverage on local news channels had they won, instead they will be struggling to fill 10 seconds of airtime with their highlights.  Why bother trying so hard to reach the final and then not bother having a go in the final.

Not really. As Paulie points out they are playing just as they did against us and Arsenal. Which is what you'd expect from a 4th division club. The difference is Swansea are taking their chances and keeping the set pieces down, something we failed to do.

Offline eastie

« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2013, 05:08:33 PM »
Swansea have shown how it should have been done.

Offline wombat

« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2013, 05:08:55 PM »
well my accumulator is looking good.... which is nice... other than that i really couldn't give a monkey's bum!

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2013, 05:09:07 PM »
Bradford are a total embarrassment to the competition in this final, an utter disgrace.  They have been utterly terrible in the first half and thankfully their luck appears to have run out.  Living in Sheffield I was facing having to have wall to wall coverage on local news channels had they won, instead they will be struggling to fill 10 seconds of airtime with their highlights.  Why bother trying so hard to reach the final and then not bother having a go in the final.

Ask John Gregory.

Sorry but I suggest you check the stats of that game against this one, no contest!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2013, 05:09:57 PM »
Indeed.

We had easily enough chances at Bradford to win the first leg comfortably, and I saw Arsenal's match there, and it's not much of an exaggeration to say it was like the Alamo, how Bradford drew that one, I don't know.

I'll also risk sounding bitter and say that, for a team supposedly buried lower in the leagues than they belong, and having the times of their lives, even before Swansea scored today, I thought the Bradford fans were the quietest I've heard on telly in ages.

I also thought they were near silent at our place until they scored.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »

Ask John Gregory.

Sorry but I suggest you check the stats of that game against this one, no contest!

I couldn't care less about numbers. Gregory fucked up. 

Offline ez

« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
Swansea have shown how it should have been done.
Only 2 fouls in the first half.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
Duke sent off.  Penalty for Swansea.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2013, 05:17:15 PM »

Ask John Gregory.

Correct. Looked the gift horse in the mouth and then fcuked up.

Offline wombat

« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2013, 05:19:04 PM »
I wonder if Dyer and De Guzman will be having a drink together later?

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2013, 05:20:06 PM »
While I'm sticking with The Who (Summertime Blues), I do hope our current manager is watching, and I do hope he is utterly ashamed at how low he has bought us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2013, 05:20:39 PM »
It is pretty amazing to think that this season, we've taken four points off Swansea, and in the match at Villa Park, we out, err, Brazilled them.

Lambert is a bogey manager for Swansea. Beat them twice as Norwich manager aswell.

All this is showing is what an understandly limited team Bradford are away from Valley Parade. Unforgivable we couldn't beat them by two goals at Villa Park.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2013, 05:21:01 PM »
0-4. Oh dear, Bradford, looks like your luck ran out in the biggest game of the lot.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »

Ask John Gregory.

They are still an embarrassment to this final and to all their loyal part time fans who have shelled out for match tickets and travel today.  Anyway Dave I am enjoying watching the bantams getting a right twatting even if you aren't!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal