collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley  (Read 233516 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley
« Reply #1110 on: February 02, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »
Likes to be appreciated. Fuck.off you precious little twat.

The thing is, you can understand someone saying something like that if they have genuinely had a rough deal from fans and there has been some positives mixed in with the negatives, but genuinely,what has there been to appreciate about him? Especially this season.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #1111 on: February 02, 2017, 10:17:40 AM »
As ineffective as he was for us, it wouldn't surprise me if he did well at Burnleh. Once they've purged all the Villa coaching from him.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #1112 on: February 02, 2017, 10:18:28 AM »
More like he's given a generic post-signing interview to Pravda where he repeats the first thing he can think of out of the big book of media cliches, without expecting anyone to actually deconstruct the words.

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #1113 on: February 02, 2017, 11:35:29 AM »
The transfer, his four years at Villa, it all reminds me of this...

Offline Allan C

« Reply #1114 on: February 02, 2017, 11:50:01 AM »
I was just reading the first page of this thread from November 2012. What went wrong??? It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Burnley. If he's a success that will say an awful lot about how he was coached and managed here under a succession of coaches/managers x

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1115 on: February 02, 2017, 12:07:35 PM »
TBF, I don't have to wait to know that both Lambert and Sherwood were clueless chancers. 

Having said that, I think Dyche is a step up from anything he's had previously so I understand your point.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1116 on: February 02, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »
I was just reading the first page of this thread from November 2012. What went wrong??? It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Burnley. If he's a success that will say an awful lot about how he was coached and managed here under a succession of coaches/managers x

Nothing went wrong. We signed a dud out of his depth and he was overrated from day one.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1117 on: February 02, 2017, 01:05:44 PM »
Yes, we can agree that Burnley is one of the biggest shitholes in the whole UK.  However, since he only has to play there once every couple of Saturdays, on a Premier League wedge the fabulous pile he can afford somewhere in the Ribble Valley will more than compensate

Yes, lots of lovely places within a short drive.

I remember going to Burnley in the early 70s for an FA Cup tie (which we lost) and on the walk up from the station along cobbled streets of tiny terraced houses, thinking I'd gone back in time to the most depressing of Victorian slums.  Quite something for a lad who was growing up in Smethwick at the time.  Nevertheless you'd have thought a return to the PL would have made him a bit happier than he looks.
I was there; we lost 1-0 and got showered by golf balls from the home fans.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #1118 on: February 02, 2017, 05:29:36 PM »
Yes, we can agree that Burnley is one of the biggest shitholes in the whole UK.  However, since he only has to play there once every couple of Saturdays, on a Premier League wedge the fabulous pile he can afford somewhere in the Ribble Valley will more than compensate

Yes, lots of lovely places within a short drive.

I remember going to Burnley in the early 70s for an FA Cup tie (which we lost) and on the walk up from the station along cobbled streets of tiny terraced houses, thinking I'd gone back in time to the most depressing of Victorian slums.  Quite something for a lad who was growing up in Smethwick at the time.  Nevertheless you'd have thought a return to the PL would have made him a bit happier than he looks.
I was there; we lost 1-0 and got showered by golf balls from the home fans.

Its still as shite now. Terrible place, terrible ground and horrible fans..

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1119 on: February 02, 2017, 05:36:22 PM »
They also had a horrible chairman who ran the FA as his personal fiefdom.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1120 on: February 02, 2017, 06:07:50 PM »
Correct Brian.  Ladies and Gentlemen I  give you...Bob Lord.  What an arsehole.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1121 on: February 02, 2017, 09:09:10 PM »

I was reading the first few pages too - NorIronVillan getting a pasting for telling like it was when everyone else seemed to be getting carried away after Westwood had an ok game, vying with Bannan for MOTM.  I suppose in the early days you are always going to give them a chance and accentuate the positives but it seems NIV had it nailed early doors. 

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #1122 on: February 06, 2017, 07:55:54 PM »
Somebody posted on here in the past one of the greatest put downs about pointy. Had me in stitches and still remains a favourite that will for me forever be tied to his memory playing for Villa:

"We almost got shot of him last summer but unfortunately Dyche came to his senses".

I cannot believe we made him a millionaire.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1123 on: February 06, 2017, 08:48:36 PM »
If you read the thread at the start most were very happy with him because he looked good and was playing well with confidence. He looked an excellent prospect. This  NorIronVillan chap who was looking for arguments.

Westwood form dipped with the whole side and during the last few years his confidence probably hit rock bottom which wouldn't have been helped with the boos and threats he received in the city.

The only strange thing at the start of this thread was a post mentioning Westwood's wife as if they knew her closely and reporting how bad his injury was.

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #1124 on: February 06, 2017, 08:53:46 PM »
I enjoyed this.

Good luck to him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal