collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley  (Read 231999 times)

Offline dr.chekov

Re: Ashley Westwood
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 06:37:23 PM »
with the exception of Draper

Draper was fantastic in the 95/96 season.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »
That sort of reply wasn't funny the first time, and this is far from the first time.
Honestly, nornironvilla, all people are saying is that maybe you should calm down a little bit.

A blind man on a galloping horse could spot that we're not very good this season, it's not like you're fighting against a tide of public opinion trying to convince us of it.
That sort of reply wasn't funny the first time, and this is far from the first time.

really?

theres me thinking this place was for opinions and debate

well anyway

Yes, and that's mine. Sorry to disappoint you again.

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Honestly, nornironvilla, all people are saying is that maybe you should calm down a little bit.

A blind man on a galloping horse could spot that we're not very good this season, it's not like you're fighting against a tide of public opinion trying to convince us of it.

really?

theres me thinking this place was for opinions and debate

well anyway

Yes, and that's mine. Sorry to disappoint you again.

no i was depressed apparently not dissapointed

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 07:06:50 PM »
Regardless Westwood has been excellent since he started getting in the first team, and he's going to be a quality player for us.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »
Hopefully Lambert will be given some funds for January as have been impressed with the majority of his signings so far

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »
he has promise. Whether he has enough now to dig us out of trouble is another matter.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 07:46:07 PM »
By the end of this season he could well be a key player for us. In fact, this ties in to a wider point about Paul Lambert's tenure.

The way MON left meant Houllier wasn't able to clear the place out and ended up facing resistance and under-performances from MON's lot. Then TSM was brought in at a time when, far from being able to clear out the dead-wood, he had to work with them as our best players were sold. His signings weren't great and it was very hard to feel in any way enthusiastic about a bunch of journey man who were overpaid and didn't have the ability they seemed to think they had.

This year has been our first proper clear-out in ages! Lambert got rid of many players who had been stinking the place out and has unearthed some hungry, up-and-coming prospects to replace them. Whereas last season it felt like our team were ambling through games they weren't enjoying, this season it feels like we have a bunch of ambitious youngsters who want to make it in the game. I think we are finally moving forward with a plan that could take us back to the right end of the table.

He did? Like who exactly?

Warnock & Hutton for two

And Collins for three, and in some respects Dunne for four.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »
he has promise. Whether he has enough now to dig us out of trouble is another matter.

Well not on his own, but if players get up to the level that Benteke, Lowton and Westwood have been showing and beyond we'll be ok. We need a combative midfielder alongside him though.

Offline Summers

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 08:01:33 PM »
Westy is our new Barry. Said it elsewhere, will repeat it here. His passing is fantastic and he's calm and composed. Knows when to spread the play and knows when to keep it simple. Very impressed with him.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 08:03:43 PM »
The thing that has impressed me is how easily he's made the step up from the fourth to the first division and how he seems to always pick the right option. If he continues to show the right attitude then he's got every chance of being a top class player.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »
Do not think we should be writing off KEA as an inportant MF he had a bad game yesterday by his standards but has been very good compared to say Reo C. He can break up play and can pass with a high success rate. Westwood is steadly becoming a very good player and will get better and better IMO. I am sure Lamberts scouts will have a few players identified for Jan ready to improve on what we have .....

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »
Do not think we should be writing off KEA as an inportant MF he had a bad game yesterday by his standards but has been very good compared to say Reo C. He can break up play and can pass with a high success rate. Westwood is steadly becoming a very good player and will get better and better IMO. I am sure Lamberts scouts will have a few players identified for Jan ready to improve on what we have .....

I agree with all of that.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »
Not writing KEA off, but he needs to strengthen up a lot. He gets knocked off the ball too easily.

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2012, 08:34:25 PM »

comparing our midfielders to Reo C?

why?

why not compare to milner or barry?

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »
I think KEA will come good, dont think that role suited him yesterday and his pathetic dive didnt help matters

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal