collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley  (Read 231954 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Ashley Westwood
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
I think he's a better passer than Parker.

I agree. I liked the comparison to Barry, almost like a love child of Fatboy and Carrick. Terrific footballer from the look of him though. When they look back and say where did it start to turn for Villa, the signings of Westwood, Lowton, Vlaar, Benteke and Guzan may be looked at as fondly as the summer that bought in Savo, Draper and Southgate.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
with the exception of Draper

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 06:07:49 PM »
I think he is very similar player to Carrick, both play the simple pass, but I think Westwood has great potential. More energetic than Carrick and seems a leader, certainly captain material. I really think Lambert has got a gem here

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »
with the exception of Draper

He was superb for a while

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »
he wasnt that impressive yesterday to be honest - barry bannon got motm and even he wasnt that good

much of a muchness in midfield we have at the minute and nobody stands out

we have the closing down, the hunting in packs, fighting for every ball etc etc but we dont have ANYBODY that can pass

this thread actually depresses me (no offence to the original poster)

some of the midfielders we have had (in the not too distant past) and we are trying to big up a league 1 midfielder who has had a couple of non-descript appearances

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
this thread actually depresses me

Slightly redundant statement there - what doesn't?

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
this thread actually depresses me

Slightly redundant statement there - what doesn't?

yip thats what everyone of my posts states

::)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
When we
he wasnt that impressive yesterday to be honest - barry bannon got motm and even he wasnt that good

we have the closing down, the hunting in packs, fighting for every ball etc etc but we dont have ANYBODY that can pass

some of the midfielders we have had (in the not too distant past) and we are trying to big up a league 1 midfielder who has had a couple of non-descript appearances

You're depressed when we take positives from a match we lost. You're depressed when we praise a promising young player. You moan when we don't make enough noise. On behalf of all the Aston Villa supporters I speak for, may I just take this opportunity to apologise for us not being good enough to have you in our ranks.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »

You obviously have a different opinion of a midfielders performance than me with your comments

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »
When we

You're depressed when we take positives from a match we lost. You're depressed when we praise a promising young player. You moan when we don't make enough noise. On behalf of all the Aston Villa supporters I speak for, may I just take this opportunity to apologise for us not being good enough to have you in our ranks.

really?

okay

everything is fantastic and we are top of the league

i think everybody that wears claret and blue is amazing

and Westwood is reminding me of Xavi and Iniesta rolled into one

okay?

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 06:32:10 PM »
When we

really?

okay

okay?

(once i have stated i was depressed - but apparently every post i have said it ffs)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »
Honestly, nornironvilla, all people are saying is that maybe you should calm down a little bit.

A blind man on a galloping horse could spot that we're not very good this season, it's not like you're fighting against a tide of public opinion trying to convince us of it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2012, 06:32:54 PM »
That sort of reply wasn't funny the first time, and this is far from the first time.

Offline nornironvillain

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »
That sort of reply wasn't funny the first time, and this is far from the first time.
Honestly, nornironvilla, all people are saying is that maybe you should calm down a little bit.

A blind man on a galloping horse could spot that we're not very good this season, it's not like you're fighting against a tide of public opinion trying to convince us of it.

really?

theres me thinking this place was for opinions and debate

well anyway

Offline arnie66

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 06:35:20 PM »
When we

really?

okay

okay?

Let's give the Kid some credit....remembering that Kid is the right word......he has played his way in to the side, showed incredible maturity yesterday,passed accurately - forwards not sideways, tackled hard and from what I saw bossed the midfield whilst competing against world class players

What more can we ask ??

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal