collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley  (Read 231960 times)

Online Deano's Mullet

Re: Ashley Westwood - Sold to Burnley
« Reply #1290 on: February 18, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »

Super Garry Parker!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1291 on: February 18, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
No, but it's getting that way. I'd take a step back if I were you. Before you know it you'll have a wall full of pictures, an Ashley Westwood mask and be calling yourself his biggest fan.

Yeah I secretly love him.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1292 on: February 18, 2017, 12:23:19 PM »
No, but it's getting that way. I'd take a step back if I were you. Before you know it you'll have a wall full of pictures, an Ashley Westwood mask and be calling yourself his biggest fan.

It's all coming out now Jed.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1293 on: February 18, 2017, 12:24:18 PM »

It's all coming out now Jed.

He's coming to meet my brother-in-law.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1294 on: February 18, 2017, 02:30:35 PM »
Another feather in his cap today

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #1295 on: February 18, 2017, 02:32:17 PM »
Pretty anonymous performance form Westwood as Burnley lose at home to Lincoln in the FA Cup today. Pretty embarrassing for Burnley. Bit of pointing here and there but that was about it. How much did we get for him?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1296 on: February 18, 2017, 03:03:04 PM »
Another feather in his cap today

Playing in claret and blue, failing to score or do anything useful, before an embarrassing defeat to lower league opposition in the cup.  It'll be like slipping into a pair of comfy old slippers for him.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1297 on: February 18, 2017, 03:05:51 PM »
There's a positive in this for Burnley, his experience of embarrassing defeats will be useful in the dressing room.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1298 on: February 18, 2017, 03:20:58 PM »
He may have been on the team sheet but did he actually play  along with another pile of crap John Flanagan he was awful

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1299 on: February 18, 2017, 04:42:11 PM »
He may have been on the team sheet but did he actually play  along with another pile of crap John Flanagan he was awful

It's déjà vu all over again for Westy, bless his  cotton socks.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1300 on: February 18, 2017, 05:25:43 PM »
If this thread ever gets locked or looks like falling from the top of the board, can I make a plea for it to be a sticky. Considering Westwood is a jobbing footballer, seemingly nice bloke, unspectacular and has a bland mediated persona, the emotion he attracts is astonishing. It's also a really good example of how blind hope can turn to hyperbolic bile.

Disclaimer: I like him. Model pro, decent footballer (you simply don't get a career in the pro ranks without being one), clearly cares about his job but sadly wasn't right for us and the job we needed. I reckon the only difference between him and Garry Parker is the club they found themselves in. In the blame list for our current position, he doesn't make my top 100.

Westwood up there with Garry Parker? Ha ha!
If you honestly think that then you either never saw Parker in a Villa shirt or have been brainwashed. Honestly it's an insult to mention him in the same sentence.

I went to probably 75% of Parker's games for us. I didn't rate him, and that's the point. He was clearly a very good player and part of a side I couldn't get enough of seeing. But because I saw things in his game I didn't like, I had a skewed view of him. Ditto John Gregory as a player, and Ayew for that matter. It's clear there's a lot of people who are the same about Westwood, just multiplied several times over. Works the other way of course. I was very forgiving of Tony Daley's crosses.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1301 on: February 18, 2017, 05:38:04 PM »
If this thread ever gets locked or looks like falling from the top of the board, can I make a plea for it to be a sticky. Considering Westwood is a jobbing footballer, seemingly nice bloke, unspectacular and has a bland mediated persona, the emotion he attracts is astonishing. It's also a really good example of how blind hope can turn to hyperbolic bile.

Disclaimer: I like him. Model pro, decent footballer (you simply don't get a career in the pro ranks without being one), clearly cares about his job but sadly wasn't right for us and the job we needed. I reckon the only difference between him and Garry Parker is the club they found themselves in. In the blame list for our current position, he doesn't make my top 100.

Westwood up there with Garry Parker? Ha ha!
If you honestly think that then you either never saw Parker in a Villa shirt or have been brainwashed. Honestly it's an insult to mention him in the same sentence.

I went to probably 75% of Parker's games for us. I didn't rate him, and that's the point. He was clearly a very good player and part of a side I couldn't get enough of seeing. But because I saw things in his game I didn't like, I had a skewed view of him. Ditto John Gregory as a player, and Ayew for that matter. It's clear there's a lot of people who are the same about Westwood, just multiplied several times over. Works the other way of course. I was very forgiving of Tony Daley's crosses.

Pointy is the very antithesis of Tony Daley. Every time Tony got the ball the crowd anticipated the possibility of something exciting.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1302 on: February 18, 2017, 05:41:30 PM »
Speedy winger different to jobbing midfielder?

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1303 on: February 18, 2017, 05:45:18 PM »
Speedy winger different to jobbing midfielder?

I'd love to know what Terms of Reference Pointy was fulfilling.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1304 on: February 18, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »
It's like a Trump press conference in here. You make a point about a turd being in the nose of the beholder and find yourself discussing the merits of roses. There's a link, but it's tenuous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal