collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:56:39 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 10:55:53 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:54:44 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Re: MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:50:34 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 10:49:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mancs in our stands  (Read 59842 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Mancs in our stands
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
I won't take my lad to a Villa - Man Utd game. They're arrogant, ignorant, obnoxious, drunken, half wittted morons. There is always trouble, especially with the extra 3 hours of drinking time that their pond life gloryhunting 'fans' get with the 5:30 kick off.

I wouldn't go to this game with my boy if I got a free ticket.

Except there wasn't any trouble, nobody seemed particularly drunk and unless you walked down Witton Lane from the island you wouldn't have seen any more than a handful of them.

According to WM police the stats were actually better than last years game:

5 drunk entry refusals compared to 23 last year
1 assault police
1 drunk and disorderly
1 breach of ban
27 away fan ejections during the game
5 home fan ejections during the game

Personally.......I hope they got the morons who disrespected the minutes silence and gave them a proper slap......but i doubt it

I've just been told that ejections were quite a bit higher than that, but it was agreed that it was pretty quiet for a game against them and their supporters were no worse than ours can be.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2012, 12:11:14 PM »
I saw a couple of incidents below me (in K7) but nothing too bad.  The last one was when their winner went in but the rumour was that it was a Wolves fan whose accumulator had just come in.

Has anyone else had trouble with them on the way to away games?  I've bumped into them a couple of times on the train from Leicester to London and it's never been pleasant.  One particularly nice trick is to sit in other people's reserved seats and then threaten them and give out a load of verbal abuse when the real customers try to get their seats.  It's usually just me and my girlfriend in Villa colours so they usually try to intimidate us as we walk past as well.  Whilst there are exceptions, the vast majority of them that I've met on the way to games have been aresholes of the highest order.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #272 on: November 12, 2012, 12:30:10 PM »
There really is no life form known to man lower than the Glory Hunter.

If faced with a choice, my kids become Noses or Glory Hunters of any type, I would choose Noses every single time. At least that would display some acknowledgement of the importance of their home city, some kind of link with their team.

As for glory hunters, they're truly revolting, they have no pride, and no shame, and, as soon as I find out they're Man U or Chelsea or Liverpool fans, their opinions on football are utterly null and void as far as I am concerned.

I don't care if they are the type who stand at the front of the stands taking photos of Rooney or Terry or Suarez as they warm up, if they're the banner toting scum of the likes of the Brummie Reds, or if they're the "sit in the home end and keep your mouth shut" type, they're all equally as bad.

I'm an educated, rational, easy going, non violent pleasant enough person, I don't get angry about a lot of things,  and I ususally manage to compartmentalise the role football plays in my state of mind, but one thing that boils my fucking piss is listening to scumbag gloryhunting wankers opine about the game which they have zero right to an opinion about. They have no idea what it is like, they chose the easy, guaranteed success option. They opted for the "guaranteed good times" route. They sold their pride, they are cold hearted, horrible, soulless voids. Nobody cares what you think, you fucking arriviste scum.

I see them in the supermarket in their Chelsea shirts, or with their Man United stickers on the back of their cars, I see them in local pubs with their replica shirts on, watching their team on Sky with others of their ilk, and they turn my fucking stomach. I can't help comment on it when I see it, either. It is just so wrong, wrong, wrong. How can people be like that?

They're all reprehensible scum. I don't care if it is Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, whoever, I don't give a shit about the team, I just fucking hate these people and everything they stand for. They are the absolute worst thing about football.

I know you coud pull holes in the above rant, that you coudl find inconsistency or hypocrisy, but I don't care, I just hate these people. Hate them.

Fantastic post.  And I share your views extremley.

As far as I'm concerned anybody that choses to be a glory hunter doesnt have an opinion. As I tell one of my best friends, who being born in Bradford is a Manchester United gloryhunter.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #273 on: November 12, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »
I saw a couple of incidents below me (in K7) but nothing too bad.  The last one was when their winner went in but the rumour was that it was a Wolves fan whose accumulator had just come in.

Has anyone else had trouble with them on the way to away games?  I've bumped into them a couple of times on the train from Leicester to London and it's never been pleasant.  One particularly nice trick is to sit in other people's reserved seats and then threaten them and give out a load of verbal abuse when the real customers try to get their seats.  It's usually just me and my girlfriend in Villa colours so they usually try to intimidate us as we walk past as well.  Whilst there are exceptions, the vast majority of them that I've met on the way to games have been aresholes of the highest order.

My negative views of their fans dates back to the League Cup final. We'd hired a coach and had parked at Neasdon to get to Wembley. Their fans started on the tube train, goading us about their title win and stealing the scarf of a 10 year old traveling with us. Post match a number of our party were attacked by their fans who'd been waiting at the station. Women and kids were attacked as they threw missiles at any Villa fan stepping out of the trains. They were London Reds in this sorry case, but the attitude seems to be inherent with many of their ilk.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #274 on: November 12, 2012, 02:23:18 PM »

If faced with a choice, my kids become Noses or Glory Hunters of any type, I would choose Noses every single time. At least that would display some acknowledgement of the importance of their home city, some kind of link with their team.

As for glory hunters, they're truly revolting, they have no pride, and no shame, and, as soon as I find out they're Man U or Chelsea or Liverpool fans, their opinions on football are utterly null and void as far as I am concerned.

I don't care if they are the type who stand at the front of the stands taking photos of Rooney or Terry or Suarez as they warm up, if they're the banner toting scum of the likes of the Brummie Reds, or if they're the "sit in the home end and keep your mouth shut" type, they're all equally as bad.

I'm an educated, rational, easy going, non violent pleasant enough person, I don't get angry about a lot of things,  and I ususally manage to compartmentalise the role football plays in my state of mind, but one thing that boils my fucking piss is listening to scumbag gloryhunting wankers opine about the game which they have zero right to an opinion about. They have no idea what it is like, they chose the easy, guaranteed success option. They opted for the "guaranteed good times" route. They sold their pride, they are cold hearted, horrible, soulless voids. Nobody cares what you think, you fucking arriviste scum.

I see them in the supermarket in their Chelsea shirts, or with their Man United stickers on the back of their cars, I see them in local pubs with their replica shirts on, watching their team on Sky with others of their ilk, and they turn my fucking stomach. I can't help comment on it when I see it, either. It is just so wrong, wrong, wrong. How can people be like that?

They're all reprehensible scum. I don't care if it is Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, whoever, I don't give a shit about the team, I just fucking hate these people and everything they stand for. They are the absolute worst thing about football.

I know you coud pull holes in the above rant, that you coudl find inconsistency or hypocrisy, but I don't care, I just hate these people. Hate them.

yes great post paulie.

i dont know what happened to me, my Dad does support Man Utd, as does all the rest of my family, the only Villa fans are my own kids who didnt get a choice
whats more we all hail from chesire about 15 miles away from Manchester, so in fairness they have a right

thats what happens when your best mate at school supports Villa, and starts taking you every week,

no regrets

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »
we had about 6 Korean/Chinese/Japanese lads and lasses (that we had never seen before) near us in Lower Holte L3 and my mate turns to me muttering about bloody Man yoo tourists but when the first Villa goal went in they were jumping around us like loons dripping in Villa gear from head to toe from the club shop.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2012, 02:45:36 PM »
we had about 6 Korean/Chinese/Japanese lads and lasses (that we had never seen before) near us in Lower Holte L3 and my mate turns to me muttering about bloody Man yoo tourists but when the first Villa goal went in they were jumping around us like loons dripping in Villa gear from head to toe from the club shop.

Bravo. I hope you congratulated them on their fine choice of football team.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2012, 02:52:07 PM »

lots of smiles as they seem to feel part of the celebrations as our goals went in and their faces when Manyoo fought back were just a miserable as ours.....

UTV
The Doc

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #278 on: November 12, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »

yes great post paulie.

i dont know what happened to me, my Dad does support Man Utd, as does all the rest of my family, the only Villa fans are my own kids who didnt get a choice
whats more we all hail from chesire about 15 miles away from Manchester, so in fairness they have a right

thats what happens when your best mate at school supports Villa, and starts taking you every week,

no regrets

I'm from a similar family where everyone supports United except me and my son obviously Villa and one uncle is a Citeh fan surprising all the Utd fans were born and bred in Manchester. :o

I was born in Sutton and lived in Birmingham all the way through school, I was actually a Utd fan till 11 but I just didn't feel right, going to games with my dad I felt like an outsider, that's when I moved my allegiances to Villa probably due to the fact all my mates were Villa and from the very first time I went to VP I knew I'd made the right choice!

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #279 on: November 12, 2012, 03:48:31 PM »

I'll take the credit for that one!

Offline john e

« Reply #280 on: November 12, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »

yes great post paulie.

no regrets

I'm from a similar family where everyone supports United except me and my son obviously Villa and one uncle is a Citeh fan surprising all the Utd fans were born and bred in Manchester. :o

I was born in Sutton and lived in Birmingham all the way through school, I was actually a Utd fan till 11 but I just didn't feel right, going to games with my dad I felt like an outsider, that's when I moved my allegiances to Villa probably due to the fact all my mates were Villa and from the very first time I went to VP I knew I'd made the right choice!

i bet your like us we dont carry a soft spot for them just beacuse all our nearest and dearest support them,

my son actually lives in Manchester now, with his Utd supporting girlfriend, he hates utd with an absolute passion bordering on obssesional, it gets embarressing at family doo's

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2012, 04:29:03 PM »

yes great post paulie.

no regrets

i bet your like us we dont carry a soft spot for them just beacuse all our nearest and dearest support them,

my son actually lives in Manchester now, with his Utd supporting girlfriend, he hates utd with an absolute passion bordering on obssesional, it gets embarressing at family doo's

I don't have a soft spot for them, but don't hate as much the likes of Chelski or Citeh.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2012, 04:29:06 PM »
Well done John, sounds like you've done a good job bringing up a fine young man.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #283 on: November 12, 2012, 04:31:51 PM »
Is that the lad I met down at Wembley John?

Offline john e

« Reply #284 on: November 12, 2012, 04:33:10 PM »
Quote fail, due to my iPhone ineptitude
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:37:24 PM by john e »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal