collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mancs in our stands  (Read 59850 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Mancs in our stands
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
There really is no life form known to man lower than the Glory Hunter.

If faced with a choice, my kids become Noses or Glory Hunters of any type, I would choose Noses every single time. At least that would display some acknowledgement of the importance of their home city, some kind of link with their team.

As for glory hunters, they're truly revolting, they have no pride, and no shame, and, as soon as I find out they're Man U or Chelsea or Liverpool fans, their opinions on football are utterly null and void as far as I am concerned.

I don't care if they are the type who stand at the front of the stands taking photos of Rooney or Terry or Suarez as they warm up, if they're the banner toting scum of the likes of the Brummie Reds, or if they're the "sit in the home end and keep your mouth shut" type, they're all equally as bad.

I'm an educated, rational, easy going, non violent pleasant enough person, I don't get angry about a lot of things,  and I ususally manage to compartmentalise the role football plays in my state of mind, but one thing that boils my fucking piss is listening to scumbag gloryhunting wankers opine about the game which they have zero right to an opinion about. They have no idea what it is like, they chose the easy, guaranteed success option. They opted for the "guaranteed good times" route. They sold their pride, they are cold hearted, horrible, soulless voids. Nobody cares what you think, you fucking arriviste scum.

I see them in the supermarket in their Chelsea shirts, or with their Man United stickers on the back of their cars, I see them in local pubs with their replica shirts on, watching their team on Sky with others of their ilk, and they turn my fucking stomach. I can't help comment on it when I see it, either. It is just so wrong, wrong, wrong. How can people be like that?

They're all reprehensible scum. I don't care if it is Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, whoever, I don't give a shit about the team, I just fucking hate these people and everything they stand for. They are the absolute worst thing about football.

I know you coud pull holes in the above rant, that you coudl find inconsistency or hypocrisy, but I don't care, I just hate these people. Hate them.

Outstanding. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »
Great rant Paulie. I'm with you all the way. If i'd had kids i'd have preferred they supported small heath rather than become one of the braindead plastics.

More than once when i've been having a conversation with someone i've never met before and football comes up and it turns out they are a plastic i've called them a "plastic glory hunting ******" and just walked away from them. Can't stand them.
Although when i'm a slightly more tolerant mood I have carried on talking to them and amused myself highly by knowing more about 'their' club than they do. I especially like the ones who are too stupid to realise how you are showing them up.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »

If faced with a choice, my kids become Noses or Glory Hunters of any type, I would choose Noses every single time. At least that would display some acknowledgement of the importance of their home city, some kind of link with their team.

As for glory hunters, they're truly revolting, they have no pride, and no shame, and, as soon as I find out they're Man U or Chelsea or Liverpool fans, their opinions on football are utterly null and void as far as I am concerned.

I don't care if they are the type who stand at the front of the stands taking photos of Rooney or Terry or Suarez as they warm up, if they're the banner toting scum of the likes of the Brummie Reds, or if they're the "sit in the home end and keep your mouth shut" type, they're all equally as bad.

I'm an educated, rational, easy going, non violent pleasant enough person, I don't get angry about a lot of things,  and I ususally manage to compartmentalise the role football plays in my state of mind, but one thing that boils my fucking piss is listening to scumbag gloryhunting wankers opine about the game which they have zero right to an opinion about. They have no idea what it is like, they chose the easy, guaranteed success option. They opted for the "guaranteed good times" route. They sold their pride, they are cold hearted, horrible, soulless voids. Nobody cares what you think, you fucking arriviste scum.

I see them in the supermarket in their Chelsea shirts, or with their Man United stickers on the back of their cars, I see them in local pubs with their replica shirts on, watching their team on Sky with others of their ilk, and they turn my fucking stomach. I can't help comment on it when I see it, either. It is just so wrong, wrong, wrong. How can people be like that?

They're all reprehensible scum. I don't care if it is Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, whoever, I don't give a shit about the team, I just fucking hate these people and everything they stand for. They are the absolute worst thing about football.

I know you coud pull holes in the above rant, that you coudl find inconsistency or hypocrisy, but I don't care, I just hate these people. Hate them.
This rant must be in the "Top Ten Rants Of All Time", infact, that is the best rant i have seen since i have been honoured and accepted as a member on this site. Bloody marvelous. (Sorry for the spelling guys and girls, had a few G&T's this afternoon.) Tiz Sunday after all.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »
Brilliant rant Paulie, I completely understand and get so frustrated by friends who support any of those clubs. I wasn't born in Birmingham, but the Villa was bred into through my Grandfather being from Aston and then from there. I never wanted or had any other option than to support Villa and I don't care what league we're in, I couldn't be happier and more proud than to be a Villa fan.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »
i feel for these people they will never experience the feelings that I will feel for my club..... their loss
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:24:56 PM by VILLA MOLE »

Offline danlanza

« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »
i feel for these people they will never experience the feelings that I will feel for my club..... there loss
That is because all the plastic fans have no real connection with the club they follow(support).
The reason we are Villa is because we care about our club and support them through good and bad times and we never change. We are Villa, always will be, forever. UTV.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2012, 09:52:16 PM »
Nobody cares what you think, you fucking arriviste scum.

Splendid, Paulie.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2012, 10:01:19 PM »

Brilliant. This bit particularly  sums up my view of the glory hunting wankers.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »
I won't take my lad to a Villa - Man Utd game. They're arrogant, ignorant, obnoxious, drunken, half wittted morons. There is always trouble, especially with the extra 3 hours of drinking time that their pond life gloryhunting 'fans' get with the 5:30 kick off.

I wouldn't go to this game with my boy if I got a free ticket.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2012, 10:22:10 PM »
I won't take my lad to a Villa - Man Utd game. They're arrogant, ignorant, obnoxious, drunken, half wittted morons. There is always trouble, especially with the extra 3 hours of drinking time that their pond life gloryhunting 'fans' get with the 5:30 kick off.

Except there wasn't any trouble, nobody seemed particularly drunk and unless you walked down Witton Lane from the island you wouldn't have seen any more than a handful of them.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2012, 09:46:58 AM »

Except there wasn't any trouble, nobody seemed particularly drunk and unless you walked down Witton Lane from the island you wouldn't have seen any more than a handful of them.

spot on tho apart from that

Offline arnie66

« Reply #266 on: November 12, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »

According to WM police the stats were actually better than last years game:

5 drunk entry refusals compared to 23 last year
1 assault police
1 drunk and disorderly
1 breach of ban
27 away fan ejections during the game
5 home fan ejections during the game

Personally.......I hope they got the morons who disrespected the minutes silence and gave them a proper slap......but i doubt it

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #267 on: November 12, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »
Excellent Paulie. I just did a live performance of your rant in front of an audience in the fag hut at our place. All but the Man Utd and Liverpool fan were impressed, and me frothing at the mouth by the end of it gave it authenticity, not that it lacked any in written form.

The Liverpool fan said 'everybody's entitled to their opinion', to which I repeated, 'No-one cares what you think, you arriviste* scum'.

*wish I knew how to pronounce it - I did my best.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:25:16 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline arnie66

« Reply #268 on: November 12, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »

'No-one cares what you think, you arriviste scum'.

This would make a great new banner to hang from the upper Holte when the plastics are in town !!

Offline NeilH

« Reply #269 on: November 12, 2012, 10:16:22 AM »

Outstanding.

Bravo Paulie. I couldn't put it better myself. When I lived in Shrewsbury the place was full of these types. Every Saturday there would be groups of them standing outside busstops waiting to catch the coaches to Old Trafford or Anfield. This at a time when the local team was riding high in the league and Telford were virtually all but bankrupt, I will never ever understand the mentality of the glory hunter. Even having moved over here and having the option to go to Ajax I still chose to get a season ticket for my local club who's motto is "at home in your district."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal