collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Richard Dunne  (Read 120365 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Richard "Who ate all the pies?" Dunne
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 09:52:03 AM »
He's right though, we are crap fans. And we know fuck all as well.

Except him.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »
I remember seeing Dunne in the Mailbox car park and he actually doesnt look fat at all when stood next to him.

He seems smaller than he looks on the pitch.

I hope Lambert sticks to Clark & Vlaar in the meantime.

Offline supertom

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »
I was reading this thread yesterday. The Mrs happened to peer at the screen and then asked me:
"Who is Richard Dunne? Is he fat then?"
I said "Yes, he's a big fat bastard!"
Then the Mrs wanted photographic proof because she didn't think there'd be such a thing as a fat, professional footballer, assuming they all had to stay fit and based on the few minutes she's ever managed to watch any football without wanting to gouge her eyes out.
So I googled Richard Dunne. Scoured through images, whilst the Mrs kept saying to me "What are you talking about! He's not fat, you're all a bunch of idiots on your silly site!"
I tried and tried to find a really standout, lardy, grotesque picture of Dunney but couldn't. He's beefy I guess in certain picks, and in the Acorns on our shirts days he looks more slender. I just couldn't find a decent fat pic to prove to the Mrs that we have Fatty Arbuckle playing for us.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »
Your Missus is right. We are just a bunch of body fascists.

Offline PaulTheVillan

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »
The missus always asks me why Lampard is called Fat Frank.

Offline supertom

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »
Your Missus is right. We are just a bunch of body fascists.
The best part was that I had my shirt off at the time and my McDonalds hamper was hanging out, whilst calling Dunney a tubby bugger.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 10:53:40 AM »
Well we call Gareth Barry lard arse as well. My issue with Dunne is he smokes, which ain't good when high levels of fitness is required in your job. Those split seconds count, may explain why he scores so many own goals.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »
I was reading this thread yesterday. The Mrs happened to peer at the screen and then asked me:
Then the Mrs wanted photographic proof because she didn't think there'd be such a thing as a fat, professional footballer, assuming they all had to stay fit and based on the few minutes she's ever managed to watch any football without wanting to gouge her eyes out.
So I googled Richard Dunne. Scoured through images, whilst the Mrs kept saying to me "What are you talking about! He's not fat, you're all a bunch of idiots on your silly site!"
I tried and tried to find a really standout, lardy, grotesque picture of Dunney but couldn't. He's beefy I guess in certain picks, and in the Acorns on our shirts days he looks more slender. I just couldn't find a decent fat pic to prove to the Mrs that we have Fatty Arbuckle playing for us.

She's got us all worked out though.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 11:08:23 AM »

Just tell her he's fat in the same way as Gareth Barry has a huge fat arse.  Not High street kebab eating pushing a buggy with your stomach fat but footballer fat.  A different scale of fat but fat nevertheless.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »
I think we refer to players being fat in comparison to other players not in general terms. When you look at say Ronaldo which I know is an extreme comparison to Dunne in many ways....... he will look fatter.

The same goes for Rooney, I'm sure If you met him he wouldn't look fat in any way, but when he played in the Euros to me he looked over weight and not fit. I don't think players such as Rooney and Dunne help themselves by probably eating the wrong food drinking and smoking but thinking they can get away with because of the training.

Offline PaulTheVillan

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 11:59:22 AM »
Gabby looks fatter than he used too ;D

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 12:02:26 PM »
Well I don't care if he's fat.He's still (until Vlaar at least has a full season) our best defender. Throughout his professional career the only manager who's had a problem with him was Houllier, and to be fair old Gerard fell out with plenty of players. We're a better side with him in the team and that's all that concerns me.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 12:44:56 PM »
Well we call Gareth Barry lard arse as well. My issue with Dunne is he smokes, which ain't good when high levels of fitness is required in your job.
Did you have an issue with Laursen smoking? I'm not saying that it's a good thing that he does it, but it's not as if you can't do it and still be brilliant.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 12:47:00 PM »
And Bozzie and Ugo.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »
Maybe he has the opposite of what Paul McGrath had. A sort of natural unfitness.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal