collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This Site  (Read 105660 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Re: This Site
« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2021, 03:38:56 PM »
Been unable to connect all morning up until just now.  V strange.

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2021, 03:45:17 PM »
Been unable to connect all morning up until just now.  V strange.
Not been able to connect for a couple of days at home (via WiFi) - got on via 4g whilst out at lunchtime will try again later. Desperate to read Legions thoughts on Cam Archer.

Edit - home now. Still  can’t get on via WiFi but fine when turned off and using 4g.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 05:22:28 PM by Lsvilla »

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
  • GM : 01.01.2024
« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2021, 08:54:52 PM »
Send me your IP address and l will check the server.

If you are with BT, that is your problem, they have a habit of issuing blocks of IP's which contain 'toxic' addresses. This can happen when your router has re-booted or re-started, even whithout you knowing, e.g. during the night a brief power outage may not affect anthing else but may cause your router to re-boot/re-start.

This does not happen with mobile 4g which is why you can normally access sites without problems.

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2021, 09:06:24 PM »

If you are with BT, that is your problem, they have a habit of issuing blocks of IP's which contain 'toxic' addresses. This can happen when your router has re-booted or re-started, even whithout you knowing, e.g. during the night a brief power outage may not affect anthing else but may cause your router to re-boot/re-start.

This does not happen with mobile 4g which is why you can normally access sites without problems.
Sent a PM - hopefully ! I’m with Sky not BT if that helps.

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2021, 09:48:30 PM »

Sent a PM - hopefully ! I’m with Sky not BT if that helps.

Looking on some Sky forums, it looks like a similar problem, seems to get resolved for a lot of users by turning off the router for a few minutes then back on again. Hopefully it will have picked up a better block of IP's.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2021, 10:24:29 PM »
Yep I can only connect using my 4G. Won't connect using WiFi fi but it was fine yesterday.

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2021, 03:26:31 PM »
Yep I can only connect using my 4G. Won't connect using WiFi fi but it was fine yesterday.

Send me your IP

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #397 on: September 05, 2021, 10:55:27 AM »
What's the best url for the site ?

I type in www.heroesandvillains.info, which takes me to the home page. I then click on the forum link, which takes me to a 404 (EDIT - actually a 403)  page, I then click on a link to go back to the homepage, where I click on the forum link again to get here.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 08:52:38 AM by UK Redsox »

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #398 on: September 05, 2021, 10:56:58 AM »
Same for me.

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
« Reply #399 on: September 05, 2021, 12:43:06 PM »
When you hover ove the tab for the forum it should show  https://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php  if it doesn't your system is probably using an older cookie.

To bypass the front page type in:

https://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php
or
https://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/

both of those should take you direct to the forum

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #400 on: November 09, 2021, 08:33:57 AM »
I couldn't get the site on either laptop or phone at all for about a week. Following a tip off from a friend I used data not wifi and could use the phone. Admin unblocked my ip on the server and I could then use wifi on my phone but still had the 404 error message on the laptop. Now don't ask me to explain why, I am beyond my pay grade here but turning on VPN solved the problem and both appliances are fine.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #401 on: November 11, 2021, 05:31:02 PM »
I've now got pop up adverts appearing on the mobile version on Android. It's only just started happening. How do i get rid please? They are sitting right at the bottom of the screen and just flashing away. It's highly irritating!

And they sometimes cover the dialogue box as I'm posting. I can close with a click but it pops straight back up when the screen refreshes or goes to a new page.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #402 on: November 11, 2021, 06:26:35 PM »
Martin, Eamonn (regular user of this site) hasn't been able to access it for weeks if not months from any device apparently. I've sent him direct links but he can't get in. He says he's cleared his cache and what not.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be? If I get an email address, could you contact him directly perhaps? Thank you!

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #403 on: November 11, 2021, 06:29:07 PM »
Martin, Eamonn (regular user of this site) hasn't been able to access it for weeks if not months from any device apparently. I've sent him direct links but he can't get in. He says he's cleared his cache and what not.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be? If I get an email address, could you contact him directly perhaps? Thank you!

Nothing to do with this topic but, thanks for posting that, I've been wondering what has happened to Eamonn as he hasn't been on for ages.  Glad to know he's ok.

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
« Reply #404 on: November 11, 2021, 06:45:43 PM »

His IP is probably blocked on the server.
I have sent an email to the address l have, but do not know if that is still active.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal