collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This Site  (Read 105635 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: This Site
« Reply #315 on: April 01, 2019, 02:33:51 PM »
A workaround seems to be to hold down the plus till it gives you the option to open in a new page.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2019, 02:53:43 PM »
Mobile site not really working for me at all.

It doesn't look right, the layout is too bare and sections don't appear clearly. I'm also finding that the navigation buttons and my gesture control for going back wot work either. Working on all other sites I visit?

Offline 260475

« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2019, 03:39:22 PM »
Claret & Claret in the mobile site header. Any chance you can introduce blue too somewhere? Maybe a horiz line 2 pixels wide underneath the URL box? Comments relate to chrome on android (in case different for others). Thanks.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2019, 03:50:29 PM »

It doesn't look right, the layout is too bare and sections don't appear clearly. I'm also finding that the navigation buttons and my gesture control for going back wot work either. Working on all other sites I visit?

The back button doesn't work for me either, I end closing the site and re-opening all the time (mobile only).

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2019, 05:25:39 PM »

The back button doesn't work for me either, I end closing the site and re-opening all the time (mobile only).

I use a small Android App to access the mobile version of the site; the "up" button often doesn't work any more, and I have to force stop the app and start again.

No problems with Firefox on Widows 10.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #320 on: April 01, 2019, 05:43:38 PM »
I have to say, grateful as I am for Martin and all the hard work he puts into keeping this site running, the new mobile site software is absolutely bloody awful!

Offline KRS

« Reply #321 on: April 04, 2019, 11:19:21 PM »
Is the "Not Secure" message in the Safari URL box anything for us to worry about it as its appearing on both iPhone and MacBook now?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #322 on: April 04, 2019, 11:40:52 PM »
Is the "Not Secure" message in the Safari URL box anything for us to worry about it as its appearing on both iPhone and MacBook now?

Not really. It just means that messages are not encrypted, which is not a problem in this case. If you are doing a financial transaction, then it is a big issue.

You can change your bookmark to the site to https from http to stop the alert, or use TOR or a https everywhere extension to your browser if you paranoid. I am not advocating against paranoia, by the way.

Offline KRS

« Reply #323 on: April 05, 2019, 12:06:31 AM »
Nice one. Thanks. Fixed with adding https:// to bookmark  8)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #324 on: April 05, 2019, 10:46:18 PM »
Martin I think it's getting worse. The shortcut keys in the mobile version just stop working. They either just don't take you where you try to go or stop functioning at all?

Sorry to moan.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #325 on: April 09, 2019, 02:46:25 PM »
Agh ! That annoying survey thing masquerading as ‘ congratulations Vodaphone user you’ve won a iPhone is back. When you click close it just takes you to another URL something like money saving experts- eu or something like that. Is anyone else getting it ?

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #326 on: April 09, 2019, 03:53:03 PM »
Agh ! That annoying survey thing masquerading as ‘ congratulations Vodaphone user you’ve won a iPhone is back. When you click close it just takes you to another URL something like money saving experts- eu or something like that. Is anyone else getting it ?
Yes it was back this morning. Also get it on express and star site which serves me right for going on it

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #327 on: April 10, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »
An annoying bug (for it surely cannot be a feature) that I am encountering in the new mobile version is when you tap on the arrow for the next page in a thread and the screen displays the last message at the bottom of the next page. Highly annoying because you miss all the previous messages and have to scroll back up (or use the go up button) if you want to know who was moaning about what.
Android 9.0 Pie with Chrome.

Offline ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #328 on: April 10, 2019, 11:58:08 AM »
An annoying bug (for it surely cannot be a feature) that I am encountering in the new mobile version is when you tap on the arrow for the next page in a thread and the screen displays the last message at the bottom of the next page. Highly annoying because you miss all the previous messages and have to scroll back up (or use the go up button) if you want to know who was moaning about what.
Android 9.0 Pie with Chrome.

I get the same with mobile version with Android 9 and Chrome (along with somewhat random font sizes between posts).

It seems to go to the top of the next page if I use Firefox, but in Firefox all the buttons become unresponsive either immediately, or after a short period of use, so I can't advance a page or use any of the menus.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2019, 11:39:13 PM »
Jesus those apostrophes 😩

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal