collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sky Man U love fest  (Read 13972 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Sky Man U love fest
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 01:38:35 PM »
I am cancelling Sky Sports tonight, fuck them and fuck football.

Im with there brother

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »
I am cancelling Sky Sports tonight

But what about the Premier League Darts on a Thursday night. Have you thunk this through?

Online joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
I don't know who the commentator was but his gurgling with pleasure at ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING Man Utd did really got on my tits.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
I am cancelling Sky Sports tonight

But what about the Premier League Darts on a Thursday night. Have you thunk this through?

and CBeebies, i mean nicelodoen and disney

Offline Tony Boucher

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 03:05:18 PM »
I don't know who the commentator was but his gurgling with pleasure at ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING Man Utd did really got on my tits.

Alan Parry wasn't it?  And Alan Smith sat next to him was utterly useless - can't believe that's his job.  Villa fan my arse!

Offline Summers

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »
Yup, it was Parry.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 04:02:05 PM »
I am cancelling Sky Sports tonight, fuck them and fuck football.
I know I shouldn't but even as the black dog kicks, in this made me guffaw - thanks Fergal, I feel your pain!

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »
Yup, it was Parry.

Who works for Sky, his job is not to be impartial but to promote the most popular teams leading to increased revenue through advertising.

Offline Summers

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
Yup, it was Parry.

Who works for Sky, his job is not to be impartial but to promote the most popular teams leading to increased revenue through advertising.

There's being bias and then there's blaming us for a Man United player diving.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
Yup, it was Parry.

There's being bias and then there's blaming us for a Man United player diving.

Noticed it more this season (especially when Gary Neville is presenting or commentating), but the Sky coverage of Man Utd games has been ridiculously one-sided. It is like watching another version of MUTV at times and it seems that everyone in the studio and commentary has been briefed to talk up how great Man Utd are.

Worst example for me was the Man Utd v Spurs game earlier in the season.  Gary Neville was in the studio and after spending the usual 45 minutes talking about how great "United" were , they finally moved on to Spurs.  First up Brad Friedel and I thought they would talk about his amazing record of consecutive appearances or credit him for the form he was in at such an advanced stage of his career.  Not a chance!!  All Neville said was "that he has had some great games against United over the years" and moved on.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
10 years ago I threw a Sky salesman out of the house when he tried to engage me about football and what I may be missing by not having Sky - he stated he was a fan - naturally I asked which local team - Manyoo he laughs - Get out says I - he laughs again until I offered to introduce him to the dog that was now frantically clawing at the door to get at him - he left.

Only way to deal with Sky.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »
I guess it's illegal in the UK but I watch the Sky games free via my dreambox and I can always turn the commentary off while I'm screwing Murdoch out of his subscription fee.   It's just another example of how everything since the 90s has been geared up to promoting and ringfencing the "elite" clubs so they can sell the ManYoo/Barca/Real/Milan etc. package to twatty glory hunters around the globe. Basically the old G14 group or whatever they were called, with the collusion of Sky, the PL. the FA, and UEFA.  We really are just cannon fodder these days.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 05:30:54 PM »
I cancelled Sky Sports News about six months ago and had not missed it one iota. In a weak moment, I then resubscribed for a £3.25 a week offer to have it back together with films for 6 months. Suffice to say, I have barely watched any of the matches since having it back and can only watch about 3 minutes of SSN before steam starts coming out of my ears. Even with it back, I very rarely remember I have got it and when I do, it is mostly to watch the rugby, particularly the Heineken Cup, which is pretty much all I have missed. The time it has freed up for me to do other much more worthwhile things than watching hugely over-hyped matches with biased commentary, like spending my time on here, has been fantastic

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »
The reason is money. Newton Heath attract viewers, that attracts advertisers, that makes money. Hence the recruitment of Neville, it's hardly down to his insightfull analysis of the game is it. We and many other clubs only exist as opposition, cannon fodder.

As much as I disliked him as a player I think Neville is by far the best pundit around and not at all scared of having a go at his ex team mates.

Offline mal

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »
Can't we just ignore them or if you must DISCUSS them do it where it should be OFF TOPIC

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal