collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 04:00:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 04:00:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 04:00:08 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 03:59:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:59:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard E
[Today at 03:59:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:58:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sky Man U love fest  (Read 13970 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Sky Man U love fest
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 10:23:38 AM »
It was disgusting. Here them blame us for Young's diving is disrespectful and the club should make a complaint. Absolutely ridiculous commentary.
Lowly us,make a complaint against the mighty Man United Were more likely to send a letter of apology on behalf of Clark

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »
And for nearly 2 decades Paul Scholes has been getting away with the kind of assaults that would have seen any other teams reduced to 10 men on a weekly basis.

Hearing commentators and pundits laugh off "another typical Paul Scholes challenge" when he's left an opponent rolling on the floor makes me want to put my foot through the fucking telly (and send the bill to Sky). You'd think after nearly 20 years that the dirty c*nt would have learned to tackle fairly. He could have crippled Gabby yesterday

Is it just me who thinks he gets away with murder every week? much like Robson used to do

Offline luke25

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 10:28:27 AM »
This sort of thing has never bothered me, if we had gone up there and made a game of it instead of being the big bag of anti-shit that we were then we would've got some praise, with the way were playing you could have Ian Taylor, Nigel Kennedy and Wills as the commentators and they'd be hard pushed to find anything positive to say about us.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO FUCKING SKY!!!

But I like the cricket.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 10:49:48 AM »
And for nearly 2 decades Paul Scholes has been getting away with the kind of assaults that would have seen any other teams reduced to 10 men on a weekly basis.

Hearing commentators and pundits laugh off "another typical Paul Scholes challenge" when he's left an opponent rolling on the floor makes me want to put my foot through the fucking telly (and send the bill to Sky). You'd think after nearly 20 years that the dirty c*nt would have learned to tackle fairly. He could have crippled Gabby yesterday

Is it just me who thinks he gets away with murder every week? much like Robson used to do

no not just you Chico, studs up on the knee... shocking challenge and Halsey waived play on.....

Offline Summers

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 10:51:52 AM »
Balotelli was lambasted for a similar challenge and people were calling for a ban. Scholes does it and it's not replayed, at all, ever. Because it's Scholes.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »
DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO FUCKING SKY!!!

But I like the cricket.

Considering my Sky Sports subscription comes in cheaper than my Villa season ticket I know which gives me far better value for money.  The cricket coverage, watching Barcelona every week and some top quality Champions League football – not to mention the odd decent game in the not-so-Premier League (watching the quality of Tevez and Aguero together on Saturday lunchtime was light years ahead of anything we ever see at Villa Park).

That said, the commentary on our game yesterday was utter shite. That guy does my head in whenever I hear him. And as much as I loved Yorkie as a player, he is embarassingly poor in his current role.

Like a lot of long-time football fans I hate the fact that our game is now slave to the TV dollar. I could make a stand against it by cancelling Sky, but I'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face. And I'd be disowned by my lads.

Offline 1780liam

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 11:31:57 AM »
I'm glad it wasn't just me that noticed the 'we love manure commentary'...

My favourite was when Evra rugby tackled Hutton towards the end and he said "quite clearly Evra was just trying to regain his balance"

Should get collymore on there to balance things up a bit!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »
Never mind Sky, what about the ref? The worst bit for me was when Clark went down with an obvious head injury and he let play continue as Man u were attacking. The second we got the ball back he stopped the game.

I did have one of my more 'colourful' tirades at the tele over that!

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 11:37:15 AM »
Since when did 'Lovefest' replace the term 'Wankfest'?

Offline Summers

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »
I'm glad it wasn't just me that noticed the 'we love manure commentary'...

My favourite was when Evra rugby tackled Hutton towards the end and he said "quite clearly Evra was just trying to regain his balance"

Should get collymore on there to balance things up a bit!

That was fantastic. Arms around Hutton's waist.. and it isn't a foul because he lost his balance? What a joke.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »
Since when did 'Lovefest' replace the term 'Wankfest'?

Wanking is generally done solo, this lot were definitely having an orgy.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »
Well, I don't subscribe to 'em.  You don't miss what you never had.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 12:01:14 PM »
Whilst we were appalling yesterday, and Man Utd quite good, as is customary, the commentary absolutely sickened me.  Every single Man Utd pass was spoken about as if it was Pele or Maradonna finishing off some exquisite 30 man move with a 20 yard screamer into the top corner.  Every single mention of a Man U player had the sort of breathless rising tone to it as if the commentator was approaching his vinegar strokes, rather than just describing Ashley Young going past Hutton again as if he wasn't there.

And I agree with Chico about Scholes's challenges.  Laughed off as if nearly crippling somebody is OK, because well, he's Paul Scholes isn't he, and he's always been crap at tackling, ha ha ha! 

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »
I am cancelling Sky Sports tonight, fuck them and fuck football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal