collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Message to Randy  (Read 25728 times)

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Message to Randy
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »
Unbefcuckinleivable.

You lot want to talk about petty politics while our club is being taken down the Gary Glitter.

Idiots.
Are we allowed only one topic then?  Why have more than one forum? 

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2012, 08:40:16 PM »
Unbefcuckinleivable.

You lot want to talk about petty politics while our club is being taken down the Gary Glitter.

Idiots.

If all you want to talk about is how shit everything is there are approximately 436 other threads all repeating the same boring shite for you to post on. Any thread actually discussing something else is a breath of fresh air on here at the moment.

Offline glasses

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »
Anyway................ where's our ear to the board , General Krulak ? Has he done one ? Where is he whem we need to speak to him.
Just as the shit hit the fan, he took on another role away from the club.

Superb timing on his part.

Nice man, but full of shit.

Which is, of course, very easy to say now he isn't here.
Some people had an inkling for a long time while he was posting on here, but perhaps thought it risked a ban by pointing it out.

This really annoys me.

That thread gave us nothing but grief the entire time it was up, and we would repeatedly ask - pretty much beg - peoiple to do two things, not talk to him about football issues, and show the bloke some respect, and on both of those things, we constantly got ignored.

Maybe if you've got problems with the way the thread was moderated, you might have been part of the problem?
You have read quite a lot into that single lined post written during a lunch break there Paulie. I didn't say that I had a problem with the way it was moderated. To say that anyone who posts on this site is full of shit, especially a NED of the club would be talking themselves into a ban, am I not wrong?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2012, 09:23:10 PM »
You have read quite a lot into that single lined post written during a lunch break there Paulie. I didn't say that I had a problem with the way it was moderated. To say that anyone who posts on this site is full of shit, especially a NED of the club would be talking themselves into a ban, am I not wrong?

It really depends what you're saying.

If you're saying that you felt you wanted to disagree with things the General said, but felt you couldn't because you'd get a ban, then you're totally wrong, yes. I did that myself, as it happens.

If you're saying that you wanted to shout "you're full of shit" but you felt you'd have been banned, then yes, you probably would have been.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »
Don't read this then. He seemed like a decent bloke, but apart from PR what was he?

When McCleish was appointed, the spin machine went into overdrive. He even talked about finishing 4th. When the fans anger over McCleish's appointment became apparent, the board either pulled the plug on him or he buggered off. Either way, we'll never know. Was there ever a reason given?

The whole point about him being on the messageboards was PR. He didn't have to do it, it probably went on too long but when it started, it was a unique line of communication. The sad thing was that it wasn't enough for some, who regarded him as their own personal envoy to the boardroom and made increasing unrealistic demands of his remit. The reason for his leaving was given - he took a job which turned out to be more time-consuming than first thought.

In fairness, the reason for his departure was given, yes, but about a year after he disappeared, and even then only by Pelty.

My beef with the way they did it is that it wouild have taken, what, three minutes to write a "sorry, can't do this any more" post, and the whole experiment would have ended on a nice, civilised note.

The problem with the way they actually did it - ie him disappearing - is that it shows an enormous lack of appreciation for the efforts we went to with them, but also that it leaves them open to accusations that they legged it the first time it got difficult, which then moves on to "you only wanted to hear from us when we were telling you how great you were".

Either it was really, really sloppy PR from them to do it this way, or, actually, they weren't that bothered after all.

As for his new job, I understand he's very busy, but I refuse to believe anyone is too busy to write a three line message.

Offline glasses

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »
Im not really saying either, but it is more the second one than the first. I'd never tell anyone they were full of shit, but if I did on this forum, I'd expect a ban, so I would't do it because I don't want to be banned. I did feel he was full of shit, so I rarely posted on his thread when he was here.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2012, 09:40:27 PM »
Don't read this then. He seemed like a decent bloke, but apart from PR what was he?

When McCleish was appointed, the spin machine went into overdrive. He even talked about finishing 4th. When the fans anger over McCleish's appointment became apparent, the board either pulled the plug on him or he buggered off. Either way, we'll never know. Was there ever a reason given?

The whole point about him being on the messageboards was PR. He didn't have to do it, it probably went on too long but when it started, it was a unique line of communication. The sad thing was that it wasn't enough for some, who regarded him as their own personal envoy to the boardroom and made increasing unrealistic demands of his remit. The reason for his leaving was given - he took a job which turned out to be more time-consuming than first thought.

In fairness, the reason for his departure was given, yes, but about a year after he disappeared, and even then only by Pelty.

My beef with the way they did it is that it wouild have taken, what, three minutes to write a "sorry, can't do this any more" post, and the whole experiment would have ended on a nice, civilised note.

The problem with the way they actually did it - ie him disappearing - is that it shows an enormous lack of appreciation for the efforts we went to with them, but also that it leaves them open to accusations that they legged it the first time it got difficult, which then moves on to "you only wanted to hear from us when we were telling you how great you were".

Either it was really, really sloppy PR from them to do it this way, or, actually, they weren't that bothered after all.

As for his new job, I understand he's very busy, but I refuse to believe anyone is too busy to write a three line message.

It wasn't 'them,' it was 'him'. After a while I don't think the club wanted him to be on the boards at all, but for whatever reason couldn't really stop him. 

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »

It wasn't 'them,' it was 'him'. After a while I don't think the club wanted him to be on the boards at all, but for whatever reason couldn't really stop him. 

But he was here representing the club.

They may not have wanted him to after a while, but they were all entirely aware that he was doing it, and he was feeding back to them, and ferrying answers back to us

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2012, 11:35:55 PM »
It was a nice gesture but it was always going to end in tears. Too many journo's sniffing round looking for a contraversy to sell their papers for him to speak freely. avoided the thread myself after a while because the things i wanted to ask him, he couldn't answer and rightly so perhaps. Useful for people with problems regrading the club or just general good PR but thats all it was in the end.

Offline Perry Barr Pet

• GM : 15.08.2019
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2012, 11:40:02 PM »
He was a representative of the club, but didn't represent the club; a subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2012, 11:42:29 PM »
He was a representative of the club, but didn't represent the club; a subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.

That sums him up perfectly. I've no doubt he had the best of intentions but there was always going to be a conflict.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2012, 10:15:32 AM »
Unbefcuckinleivable.

You lot want to talk about petty politics while our club is being taken down the Gary
Glitter.

Idiots.

If all you want to talk about is how shit everything is there are approximately 436 other threads all repeating the same boring shite for you to post on. Any thread actually discussing something else is a breath of fresh air on here at the moment.

It won't be long before the 'which beer did you last drink' thread has been intercepted as well.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2012, 10:52:40 AM »
The General was a director of the club (and I don't think he's actually resigned yet) and made it clear that he was acting as a gobetween between club and fans, therefore legally, he was here in an official capacity.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2012, 11:09:54 AM »
From a Bluenose...
"Fabrice Muamba is now out of bed walking around. He's wearing a "Pray for Villa" t-shirt.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »
From a Bluenose...
"Fabrice Muamba is now out of bed walking around. He's wearing a "Pray for Villa" t-shirt.

Actually not funny!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal