collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Baldy
[Today at 11:04:09 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 11:03:42 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 11:03:32 PM]

Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 11:03:15 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Aldridge Villa
[Today at 11:01:31 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Astnor
[Today at 11:01:21 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:00:21 PM]

Diego Carlos by taylorsworkrate
[Today at 10:57:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carlos Cuellar  (Read 44279 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Carlos Cuellar
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »
Well, we'll see how fantastic Cuellar is when he signs for his next club won't we? Reckon it'll be a bigger club than Villa? Or more likely somewhere like Hibs or Union Berlin.

You're going to look pretty stupid if it's Valencia as has been rumoured.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2012, 10:19:19 PM »
Well, we'll see how fantastic Cuellar is when he signs for his next club won't we? Reckon it'll be a bigger club than Villa? Or more likely somewhere like Hibs or Union Berlin.
It looks like he'll be joining Champions League regulars Valencia.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2012, 10:20:57 PM »

This looks like one of those "comes back and bites you in the arse" posts, Dave.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »
I bet Cuellar will end up at a bigger team than the latest "gets better the less he plays" player, ie Makoun.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2012, 10:44:39 PM »
I bet Cuellar will end up at a bigger team than the latest "gets better the less he plays" player, ie Makoun.
I agree.

With a new manager Makoun will probably end up at Villa.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
I think with Carlos the truth as ever is in the middle. People like him as he is a trier and comes across as a nice guy. He isn't a brilliant player but Dunne and Collins have been absolute garbage the past two seasons and that is why he gets better for not playing. Because, the two players ahead of him are largely not very good and lack the positive attributes of his character.

I wish him well in the rest of his career.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2012, 11:45:08 PM »

You're going to look pretty stupid if it's Valencia as has been rumoured.

Oh!
Well we'll see how often he starts for them then.
Look, I like the bloke but in all his time here I haven't seen the fantastic defender that some people on this thread are making him out to be.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »
I wouldn't go as far as "fantastic". I would go with "better than Dunne, Collins, Knight or Davies" though.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »
I think with Carlos the truth as ever is in the middle. People like him as he is a trier and comes across as a nice guy. He isn't a brilliant player but Dunne and Collins have been absolute garbage the past two seasons and that is why he gets better for not playing. Because, the two players ahead of him are largely not very good and lack the positive attributes of his character.

Rubbish, Cuellar is the best centre back at the club, end of.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »
(Assuming Cuellar goes) I'd keep Dunne and get rid of Collins.

I'd rather keep Collins and get rid of Dunne. No matter how well Dunne plays, he's only ever 30 seconds away from dropping a bollock of hitherto unseen proportions.

The number of penalties he gives away, the number of own goals (more than any other PL player, ever), the number of red cards (again, more than any other PL player), he's either the world's unluckiest player or just a dopey bastard.

I used to agree and think we should get rid of Dunne and keep Collins. However, while Dunne has had no mishap off-the-field since last season, Collins has. I think players are entitled to make a mistake but to get caught out acting like a prick twice is not good enough.

That said, I could live with us getting rid of both of them.

Probably the best form of Dunne's career was alongside Distin at Citeh. If we could get a pacy centre half to do the legwork alongside him, then maybe he's got enough in the tank for another year.  Providing he doesn't come back of his hols like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man again.

Offline Bournvillan

« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2012, 08:02:10 AM »
sorry to see him leave, however I must say I can't wait to see who the better, cheaper replacement is.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2012, 08:15:13 AM »

No, actually he was spot on and ending a post with "end of" should be punishable by the banhammer.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2012, 09:05:13 AM »
Best centre half at the club, but can't pass! Always looked like he enjoyed being here, gave 100%, never in any trouble. Hopefully we will replace him with someone of a similar temperament.

Offline SX150

« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2012, 10:32:43 AM »

Not a left back or a right back although has put a shift in when asked but indeed the best centre back at the club.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »

No, actually he was spot on and ending a post with "end of" should be punishable by the banhammer.

Fact.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal