collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 06:43:45 AM]

Robin Olsen by olaftab
[Today at 06:42:01 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:56:02 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carlos Cuellar  (Read 44282 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Carlos Cuellar
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2012, 02:02:48 PM »
Why do players like Cueller leave with a pat on his back from the fans while genuine fine players like Barry get vilified?

At least he was honest.

In Barry's case, running to the NOTW to explain that he was desperate to leave Villa did'nt help his cause.

Well he said he'd only leave Villa to join a team who were playing Champions League Football and he did'nt do that.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »
Why do players like Cueller leave with a pat on his back from the fans while genuine fine players like Barry get vilified?

At least he was honest.

In Barry's case, running to the NOTW to explain that he was desperate to leave Villa did'nt help his cause.

Well he said he'd only leave Villa to join a team who were playing Champions League Football and he did'nt do that.

No, he went to the richest club in the world who were bound to get CL sooner or later (and they did).
You're splitting hairs really.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »

At least he was honest.

No, he went to the richest club in the world who were bound to get CL sooner or later (and they did).

Don't get me wrong i did'nt begruge him going, he'd been here long enough. I think he should have gone about it better that's all. After all we gave him his chance. Anyway, that's in the past i suppose.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »

At least he was honest.

Don't get me wrong i did'nt begruge him going, he'd been here long enough. I think he should have gone about it better that's all. After all we gave him his chance. Anyway, that's in the past i suppose.

You see I think he was as honest as he could possibly be, yet he's vilified for it.
Anyway this is off topic I suppose.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »
Remember that transfer request he put in, thereby forgoing his cut of the fee? No, me neither.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »
Bye Bye Carlos, what a waste of a good player.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »
(Assuming Cuellar goes) I'd keep Dunne and get rid of Collins.

I'd rather keep Collins and get rid of Dunne. No matter how well Dunne plays, he's only ever 30 seconds away from dropping a bollock of hitherto unseen proportions.

The number of penalties he gives away, the number of own goals (more than any other PL player, ever), the number of red cards (again, more than any other PL player), he's either the world's unluckiest player or just a dopey bastard.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
Remember that transfer request he put in, thereby forgoing his cut of the fee? No, me neither.

He actually did put in a request, but the club chose not to publicize it.

• Mustang 68
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2012, 03:29:15 PM »

At least he was honest.

Take a quick look at the league table - say what you like about him, but criticizing his choice of City or LOL-erpool is ridiculous.

Offline supertom

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2012, 03:32:12 PM »

I'd rather keep Collins and get rid of Dunne. No matter how well Dunne plays, he's only ever 30 seconds away from dropping a bollock of hitherto unseen proportions.

The number of penalties he gives away, the number of own goals (more than any other PL player, ever), the number of red cards (again, more than any other PL player), he's either the world's unluckiest player or just a dopey bastard.

I'd get rid of Collins and Dunne as well. They're both past it and they've both set a bad example to the younger players for a number of reasons.
Sadly, with Carlos going, we'll keep hold of these plodders.
I'd like to see us bringing in a whole new back line (along with our new manager of course). Warnock, Dunne, Collins and Hutton are all shite. Take them all to the glue factory.

Offline supertom

« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »

At least he was honest.

Take a quick look at the league table - say what you like about him, but criticizing his choice of City or LOL-erpool is ridiculous.

My problem with Barry was the season he tried to orchestrate his move to Liverpool in the press. Secondly he did stay for one more year, but for me, he coasted a bit and his performances were poor in comparison to the previous season.
In actuality, when he joined City, he pissed off Liverpool and their fans, which is quite alright by me.

Offline BILL DE VALL

« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2012, 03:35:06 PM »
re Carlos;I've never seen a Spaniard with such poor ball control/passing.

no wonder they sent him to Scotland and never picked him to represent them.

Goodbye King Carlos-don't shoot any elephants

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »

I used to agree and think we should get rid of Dunne and keep Collins. However, while Dunne has had no mishap off-the-field since last season, Collins has. I think players are entitled to make a mistake but to get caught out acting like a prick twice is not good enough.

That said, I could live with us getting rid of both of them.

• Mustang 68
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »

I'd get rid of Collins and Dunne as well. They're both past it and they've both set a bad example to the younger players for a number of reasons.
Sadly, with Carlos going, we'll keep hold of these plodders.
I'd like to see us bringing in a whole new back line (along with our new manager of course). Warnock, Dunne, Collins and Hutton are all shite. Take them all to the glue factory.

It would be nice to replace the whole squad with better players, but that's simply not going to happen in one summer - what we need is a manager that can get the best out of what we have now
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:42:38 PM by Californian Villain »

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2012, 10:14:11 PM »
Well, we'll see how fantastic Cuellar is when he signs for his next club won't we? Reckon it'll be a bigger club than Villa? Or more likely somewhere like Hibs or Union Berlin.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal