collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:20:41 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:19:21 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:18:06 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by The Moose
[Today at 11:15:08 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by AV84
[Today at 11:07:10 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Sdwbvf
[Today at 11:06:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:06:04 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard E
[Today at 11:05:02 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dunne out for up to two months  (Read 16184 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Dunne out for up to two months
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »
What do you do for light relief? Pull yourself off to The Rime of the Ancient Mariner?

Personally, I knock one out to 'Christabel'. Filthy.

Kubla Khan for me!

Offline Compass

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 03:11:22 PM »
How much you wanna bet he'll start Warnock again now that our next 2 league games are away? More reason for him to do it now that Dunne is injured. He won't have the guts to use Baker.

When was the last time you posted anything of a positive nature? You must hang around this site waiting for the Villa to lose so you can descend like a sooth sayer bleating and moaning.
What do you do for light relief? Pull yourself off to The Rime of the Ancient Mariner?

Ok then.

McLeish is a good manager and we're gonna win the quadruple with his masterful positive tactics next season. Positive enough for you?  Or shall we go back down to reality?

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »
I still can't work out how the ref gave a foul against Dunne when challenging for the ball that lead to his injury.  Odd decision in the extreme.

A bit like the goal kick awarded after Harald Schumacher broke a French player in half.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 03:13:28 PM »
How much you wanna bet he'll start Warnock again now that our next 2 league games are away? More reason for him to do it now that Dunne is injured. He won't have the guts to use Baker.

When was the last time you posted anything of a positive nature? You must hang around this site waiting for the Villa to lose so you can descend like a sooth sayer bleating and moaning.

Ok then.

McLeish is a good manager and we're gonna win the quadruple with his masterful positive tactics next season. Positive enough for you?  Or shall we go back down to reality?

What if the reality is a mixture of both positives and negatives? What if some people don't take the extreme view like you do all the feckin'time?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 03:16:12 PM »
i personally think he will be missed. Dont think he has been the worst player this season by a long way.

That's not really a great accolade!

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 03:19:17 PM »

Ok then.

You don't get it do you?
Every post of yours is negative.
When we have had decent displays or results, you've sunk back under the surface only to pop up like a freshly squeezed zit on a rugby player's arse when we lose.

Offline j66acd

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
Could go one way or the other. Blessing in disguise that's he's out for 2 months and we become solid at the back, but the more likely thing to happen is we carry on like we are and struggle until Easter.

Just noticed in the sun that we really are crap from corners! We haven't scored once and conceded 11!

Offline Compass

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 03:19:44 PM »

Ok then.

What if the reality is a mixture of both positives and negatives? What if some people don't take the extreme view like you do all the feckin'time?

I'm positive with Ireland's impact lately. But now he's been dropped and we look shit without him. Why has he been dropped?

Offline Merv

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 03:20:02 PM »
Expected as much, looked a horrible fall. Not good news at all right now - we need Clark's 'a few weeks out' to be two or three, or we're looking at Cuellar-Collins with Baker as the only back-up. Not great timing to be missing Dunne, with crucial games ahead at a critical point in the season.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 03:22:49 PM »

Ok then.

I'm not a moderator so I'm not speaking for the masses but please try and make your posts at least a small amount constructive.  You don't like McLeish, we get it. 

Offline Compass

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »

Ok then.

You don't get it do you?
When we have had decent displays or results, you've sunk back under the surface only to pop up like a freshly squeezed zit on a rugby player's arse when we lose.

In the Man City pre-thread, I put us down as 2-1 win. Silly me eh? Trying to be positive that McLeish will go for the win.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »
In the Man City pre-thread, I put us down as 2-1 win. Silly me eh? Trying to be positive that McLeish will go for the win.

And you've made 51 posts since, all negative. Thanks for dropping by.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:04 PM »
I still can't work out how the ref gave a foul against Dunne when challenging for the ball that lead to his injury.  Odd decision in the extreme.

A bit like the goal kick awarded after Harald Schumacher broke a French player in half.

Don't keepers have to be "under control" when making a challenge in the same way was outfield players ?

I think that it was a penalty

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 03:41:25 PM »

Ok then.

You don't get it do you?

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 03:42:05 PM »
Rotten stroke of luck Clark is out at the same time, would have been good to give him a go in central defence with Herd returning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal