collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eamonn Deacy - RIP  (Read 92262 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Eamonn Deacy - RIP
« Reply #300 on: September 21, 2020, 08:47:12 PM »
/
I was in Galway in 2007 so popped into Ernie’s and had a chat with Eamonn. Very unassuming but you could see a real toughness in him- he had never shirked a tackle, as a few of that Juventus team could vouch.

I walked past his family’s shop in Galway last month. Closed down, sadly. End of an era.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #301 on: November 09, 2020, 02:44:50 PM »
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I've never seen it:

&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1_hNQW1IgKkowKfxPvwq3kAuGwR93I7PfHhFR1hL6wpQYD1-pABB4aUcU

Sorry about the long link but for some reason I don't seem to be able to post youtube clips anymore even though I believe I'm doing it right.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 02:46:24 PM by dave shelley »

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2020, 02:47:06 PM »
I'm absolutely fucked if I know how that worked.

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2020, 05:33:10 PM »
That's great Dave.
A wonderful tribute.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2020, 06:10:32 PM »
In The 80's I lived in Erdington and knew a Galway lad who regularly played squash with Eamonn at the Villa Leisure Centre. He always spoke very well of him .

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2020, 10:50:57 PM »
/
I was in Galway in 2007 so popped into Ernie’s and had a chat with Eamonn. Very unassuming but you could see a real toughness in him- he had never shirked a tackle, as a few of that Juventus team could vouch.

I walked past his family’s shop in Galway last month. Closed down, sadly. End of an era.
His brother's is still going strong.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2020, 01:11:54 AM »
Wonderful post, Dave. Thanks a lot.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2020, 12:49:42 PM »
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I've never seen it:

&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1_hNQW1IgKkowKfxPvwq3kAuGwR93I7PfHhFR1hL6wpQYD1-pABB4aUcU

Sorry about the long link but for some reason I don't seem to be able to post youtube clips anymore even though I believe I'm doing it right.

Thanks for posting Dave.  That's a pretty emotional watch, to say the least!

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #308 on: November 10, 2020, 01:38:46 PM »
Thanks for posting Dave,i had never seen it before .Everything people say about him is true .I was lucky enough to get to know him fairly well  as we  were members of the snooker club in Erdington and played each other .It always surprised me that you never heard him ever moan about Ron Saunders even though he knew no matter how well he played he would soon be back on the subs bench

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2020, 04:57:16 PM »
Thanks for posting that, Dave. Two things that really surprised me; the Jimmy Hill comment, I was at the game and probably saw the highlights that night but didn't remember Hill's tribute to Sid's goal. The other was Ron Saunders, considering he never spoke to the media for decades, it goes to show how highly he thought of Eamonn both as a player and a man.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2020, 05:31:57 PM »
Thanks for posting Dave!
Bloody loved watching that, the focus on an unsung hero and lovely bloke, and to see Sir Ron once again.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2020, 10:12:31 PM »
Bit of a tearjerker alright...Guess with a name like his from a town not too far away, I was bound to be a Villan after the man Deacy had paved the way. Certainly was how I felt when I first heard of him in my mid-teens, reading of how he had lived the dream I was still having. A dream many of us have had and held. A mere example but there must be a part of Risso and Drummond in their weekly 5-a-sides, wearing Villa shirts and feeling they are playing the part of their true self - one which leads Villa to another title; which just happens to be in a universe a little parallel to this...

And great to see the main man, Mr Saunders give the stamp of approval to the subject. Wonder when that was recorded as Ron looks good and his shrewd self in the video.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 10:15:55 PM by eamonn »

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #312 on: November 10, 2020, 11:07:00 PM »
/

Is that the one bang in the centre or the one slightly out of town ( the latter being where I met him and was then known as Earnie’s  IIRC).

Offline Ger Regan

« Reply #313 on: November 13, 2020, 09:15:29 PM »
Bit of a tearjerker alright...Guess with a name like his from a town not too far away, I was bound to be a Villan after the man Deacy had paved the way. Certainly was how I felt when I first heard of him in my mid-teens, reading of how he had lived the dream I was still having. A dream many of us have had and held. A mere example but there must be a part of Risso and Drummond in their weekly 5-a-sides, wearing Villa shirts and feeling they are playing the part of their true self - one which leads Villa to another title; which just happens to be in a universe a little parallel to this...

And great to see the main man, Mr Saunders give the stamp of approval to the subject. Wonder when that was recorded as Ron looks good and his shrewd self in the video.
Similar-ish story with me. Joe Hanley (in that video) is next door neighbour of my folks, and when i was getting into football and taking an interest in villa, joe mentioned it to chick, who ended up giving me the lend of a load of claret and blue magazines to read, which cemented the deal for me.

Offline Ger Regan

« Reply #314 on: November 13, 2020, 09:16:28 PM »
/

Is that the one bang in the centre or the one slightly out of town ( the latter being where I met him and was then known as Earnie’s  IIRC).
Yes, Ernie's down the west (as we call it). It's located just around the corner from their original family home.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal