collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Vote for the Crest  (Read 3329 times)

Offline edgysatsuma89

Re: Vote for the Crest
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2023, 12:58:25 AM »
Only former winners of the European Cup are entitled to place a star in their badge, denoting how many times they have won said trophy. Why on earth would we not wish to show our greatest moment for all to see,

Above (like Forrest) maybe but not 'in' the badge because then if we ever did it again then we would have to redesign it. It's daft to put it 'in' the badge in my opinion. Although we do love a redesign...

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2023, 01:39:53 AM »
Good work Smirker!
A bit on the big side but to me that looks simple, bold and instantly recognisable...with AV or AVFC underneath, as in late 60s/early 70s?
I love the 1956 one too, probably for the same reasons as above but also because it's what we wore when I first started going to games.

I like Smirker's design as well.  Maybe could follow what Warwickshire CCC do.  They just have the bear on their shirts and some of the merchandise and then have the bear and Warwickshire County Cricket Club underneath it on branding around Edgbaston etc.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2023, 01:43:39 AM »
When did Huddersfield win it three times?

Them winning the league three times in a row in the 1920's just came as a bit of a surprise when I googled it...and they were runners-up the following two seasons too - amazing.

Online rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2023, 06:06:56 PM »
From Crest Review Topic...
Job done. Now you just have to create a poll for supporters about whether they like this version or the one with the lion the wrong way round. I reckon 77% will prefer this one…

Not a bad guess given 59.2+9.9 = 69.1% for left-facing lion (with/without star). 71 votes thus far.

Result also a bit skewed given the ‘heck knows’ option, if we are comparing it to the actual poll! I know it’s a small sample size, and this is all just a hypothetical, intellectual exercise in a random corner of the interweb. Still, it gives credence to the theory that Purslow manipulated the choice architecture to get the outcome he wanted.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal