collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If you could go into the dressing room after todays game, what would you say  (Read 25591 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
We weren't totally wrecked in 2006 either.

Offline Greg N'Ash

true, at least we weren't up to our eyeballs in debt.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014

No, but the trends we were seeing under both manager and chairman had us heading in worrying direction.

I think we're in a better state know as we actually have some very good players at the club, but poor defending and inconsistency is costing us.  Blame the manager for that if you like, but I do think we need less now than the wholesale changes of 2006.

And lets not forget that it was only 12 months ago that we bought Darren Bent.  I'm of the opinion that we get the wages where we want them and then start building again, but we'll have to wait until the summer to find out if that's right or not. 

Offline eric woolban woolban

I think we should report Van Persie to the FA. Whose with me lads? Because of course that incident cost us the result.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025

No, but the trends we were seeing under both manager and chairman had us heading in worrying direction.

I think we're in a better state know as we actually have some very good players at the club, but poor defending and inconsistency is costing us.  Blame the manager for that if you like, but I do think we need less now than the wholesale changes of 2006.

And lets not forget that it was only 12 months ago that we bought Darren Bent.  I'm of the opinion that we get the wages where we want them and then start building again, but we'll have to wait until the summer to find out if that's right or not. 

No way will Lerner start spending big again. The Bent signing was purely an emergency measure to prevent us getting relegated and making his investment worth even less.  We've made huge losses, and there's still the small matter of tens of millions of loans that need to be repaid.  Anybody expecting us to do anything other than tread water even after the current cutbacks is going to be disappointed. 

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
No way will Lerner start spending big again. The Bent signing was purely an emergency measure to prevent us getting relegated and making his investment worth even less.  We've made huge losses, and there's still the small matter of tens of millions of loans that need to be repaid.  Anybody expecting us to do anything other than tread water even after the current cutbacks is going to be disappointed.

You may be right, but I'm taking the 'wait and see' line on it.

I'm not expecting spending of the scale we saw when he first arrived, but a release of some of the Downing/Young money and that being spent on up and coming players.

Online Chico Hamilton III

but a release of some of the Downing/Young money and that being spent on up and coming players.

Wasn't the vast majority of the Young transfer money spent on compensating previous managers and paying our bitter rivals to take its manager off their hands?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Indeed Chico, that money will all be long gone, wasted on wages for players like Beye, Heskey and Jenas, buying the likes of Hutton and N'Zogbia, not to mention compensation pay outs in respect of O'Neill, Hullier and McLeish.  As Paulie said earlier, if you really hated Villa and set out to knacker them, you'd struggle to do as good a job of it as Lerner has over the last year or so.

Offline Irish villain

but a release of some of the Downing/Young money and that being spent on up and coming players.

Wasn't the vast majority of the Young transfer money spent on compensating previous managers and paying our bitter rivals to take its manager off their hands?

Maybe we can hope some of it was put into some brilliant investment scheme and has quadrupled in value allowing us to get a shiny new defence this summer.....Ever the optimist.

Offline Rancid custard

It has taken me the better part of 24 hours to calm down about this, but still the rage builds just thinking about it. It would end with something along the lines of 'I'll cut off your nan's giro, set your house on fire after I've posted some cat shit through the letter box and beat your entire family with a cricket bat and stuff them into a piss stained matress I'm leaving outside my place for the salvation army to collect'. That's about as polite as I can be at the moment.

Offline Shoody

'You are all playing for your places on Wednesday. I dont care who you are, or how much you are being paid, whether the fans love you or loathe you, if I decide on Wednesday you still deserve your place presume it is your last game and you will have to work together to show me why you deserve to stay there. Some of you are being dropped. You wont be back into the team until you have proved in training and at Reserve team level you can do your job. I will play Baker, Grealish, Burke and Graham if I have to. I am 100% serious. You are lucky Wednesday is after the Transfer Deadline or I would be telling some of you to fuck off.'

Offline Greg N'Ash

Trouble is, what can someone like AM say to a player like Dunne or Warnock ? You're out the club if you don't improve? erm nope he's not because we can't afford to pay him off and we haven't got anyone else anyway and can't buy anyone. AM's hands are totally tied so threats are pointless-. They can near enough play how they like while Lerner is protecting them via the cash squeeze

Offline RossLeach

• GM : May, 2013
' that was less painful than when we lost 3-2 at Highbury. at least you had the courtesy not to hang on till stoppage time...."

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
What a question ! I just wish that I had the chance to vent my feelings to the team and especially my old mate Alex. Fristly I would ask Alex to leave the room as if he started to cry having been shouted it it would just not be right would it?

I doubt he would be upset by anything you said. I doubt even more that you would have the nerve to shout at him in the first place After all, you couldn't be bothered to attend a 'mass protest' against him.

ohhhhhhhhh catty or what !!!! Dave the moderator ! as previously mentioned when you are employed the idea is that you turn up for work and do a good shift......maybe AM should take a note and start to win us a few games wouldn't that be a novelty eh?

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
How about just before the match against QPR Randy Lerner walks into the dressing and hands Alex his P45?

Now wouldn't that solve some issues ? And just think the AM fan club (not all of you out there before I get anymore replies) would then be able to go back down their little holes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal