collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If you could go into the dressing room after todays game, what would you say  (Read 25589 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
only difference between risdale and Lerner is deeper pockets. They both totally wrecked their club's fortunes for years by taking their eye off the ball..

"Totally wrecked"??
There goes that hyperbole again. Last time I looked we were mid-table in the Premiership and in no danger of going into administration.
So what Lerner has done is scale down his spending in order to keep the club stable, that may annoy those of you who think we should be winning things (it irks me but that's the reality), but "totally wrecked"? No.

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
What a question ! I just wish that I had the chance to vent my feelings to the team and especially my old mate Alex. Fristly I would ask Alex to leave the room as if he started to cry having been shouted it it would just not be right would it? Secondly I would ask the players if they really wanted to wear the Villa shirt or as with most of them they only turn up for the money. Thirdly I would confront Alex and ask why he was wrecking not only the team but also the club as a whole. On the way to the ground there is no atmosphere whatsoever it's more like going to a bleeding funeral rather than a football match. The bloke must have such thick skin as not to realise its all going tits up. How much longer if it hasn't been long enough already are we supposed to be going to the match with no repsect for the manager at all.
Will look forward to the AM fan club replying to my comments.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
What a question ! I just wish that I had the chance to vent my feelings to the team and especially my old mate Alex. Fristly I would ask Alex to leave the room as if he started to cry having been shouted it it would just not be right would it? Secondly I would ask the players if they really wanted to wear the Villa shirt or as with most of them they only turn up for the money. Thirdly I would confront Alex and ask why he was wrecking not only the team but also the club as a whole. On the way to the ground there is no atmosphere whatsoever it's more like going to a bleeding funeral rather than a football match. The bloke must have such thick skin as not to realise its all going tits up. How much longer if it hasn't been long enough already are we supposed to be going to the match with no repsect for the manager at all.

ob·sessed   /əbˈsɛst/ 
1. having an obsession (usually followed by with or by): He is obsessed with eliminating guilt.
2. having or displaying signs of an obsession.
3. a cock or turd.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Thirdly I would confront Alex and ask why he was wrecking not only the team but also the club as a whole. On the way to the ground there is no atmosphere whatsoever it's more like going to a bleeding funeral rather than a football match. The bloke must have such thick skin as not to realise its all going tits up. How much longer if it hasn't been long enough already are we supposed to be going to the match with no repsect for the manager at all.

Sorry, how is he wrecking the club overall. Surely the person who appointed him then hasn't backed him as that responsibility. Also, apart from Hutton, how has he wrecked the team? Dunne, Warnock and Collins were playing just as badly last season in places. And with injuries and lack of funds, we can't replace them, or other players who aren't performing.

Offline N'ZMAV

I'd go fucking spare at the players.

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish

ob·sessed   /əbˈsɛst/ 
1. having an obsession (usually followed by with or by): He is obsessed with eliminating guilt.
2. having or displaying signs of an obsession.
3. a cock or turd.

The Rt Hon Sir Algernon Cockbiscuit III is obviously just a k**b up to his "I love Alex again" I'm begining tot hink it's Alex himself. Not obsessed at all just a person with an opinion that is different to yours (thank god)

Offline TonyDaleysHair

Personally i am happy with Lerner and what hes done, but if we're going to get a new owner I hope Harry Redknapps dog will come in with a bid for the club. I hear it's loaded!!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
You may have a difference of opinion but please be civil about it.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
Taxi for Mr Hutton and Mr Warnock?

.. is the correct answer

Offline NeilH

I think I'd do this.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
What a question ! I just wish that I had the chance to vent my feelings to the team and especially my old mate Alex. Fristly I would ask Alex to leave the room as if he started to cry having been shouted it it would just not be right would it?

I doubt he would be upset by anything you said. I doubt even more that you would have the nerve to shout at him in the first place After all, you couldn't be bothered to attend a 'mass protest' against him.

Offline Greg N'Ash

only difference between risdale and Lerner is deeper pockets. They both totally wrecked their club's fortunes for years by taking their eye off the ball..

"Totally wrecked"??
There goes that hyperbole again. Last time I looked we were mid-table in the Premiership and in no danger of going into administration.
So what Lerner has done is scale down his spending in order to keep the club stable, that may annoy those of you who think we should be winning things (it irks me but that's the reality), but "totally wrecked"? No.

well it depends on your ambitions for the club. I suppose being a lower midtable club who has to sell all their decent players every few years is something to aim for, but honestly for that we could have kept Ellis if we wanted to become a wigan or a blackburn. Way i see it, I wouldn't bet against Leeds finishing above us in a few years time in the premiership which says more about our decline than their rise from the ashes.

Offline taylorsworkrate

Ah Mr Dunne, Mr Warnock and Mr Hutton,

Jolly nice effort today chaps.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019

"Totally wrecked"??

well it depends on your ambitions for the club. I suppose being a lower midtable club who has to sell all their decent players every few years is something to aim for, but honestly for that we could have kept Ellis if we wanted to become a wigan or a blackburn. Way i see it, I wouldn't bet against Leeds finishing above us in a few years time in the premiership which says more about our decline than their rise from the ashes.

It's not something to aim for and it's not something I want, I'd like to win things and be good.
But it's where we are currently and it's not "totally wrecked".
Darlington are totally wrecked, Leeds were totally wrecked, Portsmouth, Lincoln, Stockport, and very soon, Small Heath are totally wrecked. Villa are just a bit mediocre at the moment, cut the hyperbole (not just you) and I'll take your comments more seriously.

Offline Greg N'Ash

fair enough. We're back where we started then in 2006. I leave it to others to decide if thats a good place to be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal