collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by OCD
[Today at 10:40:29 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 10:40:09 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:31:59 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Dave
[Today at 10:27:30 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by paul_e
[Today at 10:25:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:24:40 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Taking "Z" to the Liverpool game  (Read 19532 times)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Re: Taking "Z" to the Liverpool game
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »
I will always support a protest if it's warranted. If you meekly accept being served up shit, you will always get served up shit, and you will deserve it.  Sometimes you have let the "rational consumer" overrule the "loyal supporter".  It should not affect professionals being paid ludicrous amounts of money, and if it does, well sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better. 

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »
It should not affect professionals being paid ludicrous amounts of money, and if it does, well sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better. 

I usually buy the "booing them dosent make them play any better" argument, but the fans could have booed the team for 90 minutes against Spurs and I don't think it could possibly have made them play any worse.

At what point do you stand up and tell the manager and players thet they are serving us up with shit?

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 03:30:10 PM »
It should not affect professionals being paid ludicrous amounts of money, and if it does, well sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better. 

I usually buy the "booing them dosent make them play any better" argument, but the fans could have booed the team for 90 minutes against Spurs and I don't think it could possibly have made them play any worse.

At what point do you stand up and tell the manager and players thet they are serving us up with shit?

Playing devils advocate, at what point do you think he already realised that it is shit?   He has to, he isn't stupid.    I'm afraid we are stuck with it.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »
Don't go just to be negative

Just do what I do and don't go, it will hurt them more

Offline Iago

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 03:53:29 PM »

This. This sort of attitude will more likely cause them to make a decision on AM. I dread to think what the season ticket sales are going to be like next season.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2011, 03:57:50 PM »

Sadly, this is the action that the club would take notice of. However it could backfire, with further slash and burn to cover the lost revenue. Then we are entering ever decreasing circles.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2011, 04:03:18 PM »
Results will be what the manager is judged on, not a bunch of Facebook fans holding up bits of paper. If he keeps us around mid table then I imagine he will be within the targets set while we go through this period of cost cutting. That's more important to Lerner at the moment than being easy on the eye.

Most protests end up being either a damp squib or worse they are divisive, those that don't support them arguing with those that do.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »
Results will be what the manager is judged on, not a bunch of Facebook fans holding up bits of paper. If he keeps us around mid table then I imagine he will be within the targets set while we go through this period of cost cutting. That's more important to Lerner at the moment than being easy on the eye.

Most protests end up being either a damp squib or worse they are divisive, those that don't support them arguing with those that do.

That's true. At least those fans protesting and arguing still have a passion for the club though. The major problem will be the fans that just lose interest completely, and never come back.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2011, 04:11:45 PM »
I think all villa fans should send a letter to RL and PF clearly stating the following words "MCLEISH OUT".  they would have to take notice if there post room was full of 42K+ letters all saying the same thing.
In all honesty, i do think the "mcliesh out" chants will be starting soon especially if we lose on Saturday to Bolton. 

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2011, 04:14:37 PM »
I always find the football much more enjoyable after I've taken a couple of E's personally.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
In all honesty, i do think the "mcliesh out" chants will be starting soon especially if we lose on Saturday to Bolton.

Blackburn fans have been chanting for their manager to be sacked virtually all season. They have been listened to not one jot.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »

Blackburn fans have been chanting for their manager to be sacked virtually all season. They have been listened to not one jot.

I know but i'm sure our owners are more clued up than the venkys? Oh wait a minute, did I just say that?  :o

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »

I know but i'm sure our owners are more clued up than the venkys? Oh wait a minute, did I just say that?  :o

You did, and you can't take it back now.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2011, 04:49:15 PM »

You did, and you can't take it back now.

DAMN!!!!!

Offline TonyD

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »

If he keeps us midtable.......not a chance given the rubbish served up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal