collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 01:47:35 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by SaddVillan
[Today at 01:44:57 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:31:49 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:10:53 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 01:10:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 01:47:35 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:46:51 PM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by SaddVillan
[Today at 01:44:57 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 01:42:08 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 01:37:11 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:36:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:36:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Taking "Z" to the Liverpool game  (Read 19518 times)

Offline TaxDodger

Re: Taking "Z" to the Liverpool game
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2011, 09:33:15 AM »
I'd much rather we pull together than be so negative towards the team. AM will not be getting the sack anytine soon, like it or not so, its best we try and get behind the team.
The fact that were on TV against Bristol rovers just shows where we are currently.

We were on TV against Gillingham when we were going for the top 4.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2011, 10:34:22 AM »
I will try and get behind the team.   I was a bit negative against Manure I must admit.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
Everyone bring a different letter, we can play Scrabble if it gets boring.

PMSL!!

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2011, 10:53:47 AM »
I know, why dont we shout "OLE" from the beginning everytime they pass the ball successfully to a team mate and BOO everytime the ball is lumped up field (long ball)? 
Maybe then they will realise we want them to get the ball down and play football instead of lumping it up to Bent and making him look shite?

Offline mal

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »
I know, why dont we shout "OLE" from the beginning everytime they pass the ball successfully to a team mate and BOO everytime the ball is lumped up field (long ball)? 
Maybe then they will realise we want them to get the ball down and play football instead of lumping it up to Bent and making him look shite?

Is a brilliant suggestion.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2011, 11:13:33 AM »

Is a brilliant suggestion.

Thanks!  :D

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »
I'm going in my PJs

Offline sg

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2011, 11:26:49 AM »

This.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2011, 12:51:27 PM »
Its Downing's Birthday on Sunday, how about we organize something for it?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2011, 12:51:57 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline TonyD

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 01:21:49 PM »
Anything to put pressure on RL to get rid of AM has to be a good thing.

Online nigel

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »
How's it going to have a detrimental effect on the team/performance?  We can't really get much worse unless they start purposely scoring own goals or laying on chances for the other team.
Of course it will effect team performance. If a player thinks he's going to get moaned at for losing the ball he'll take the easy option.
In any walk of life if a person is encouraged to do a better job they will rise to the occasion, if they are moaned at they'll just do a job.
Mark Albrighton is a classic example, last season he attacked every fullback in front of him, if he lost the ball the crowd got behind him and cheered him on. Next time he got the ball he attacked the full back again.... and again.
This season he's struggled for form and his confidence is low and is not getting the same backing. It's now he needs the crowd to get behind him. On Saturday he attacked the fullback and his cross wasn't that good, you heard the crowd have a groan and moan. The next time he had the ball he held back and passed inside and the attacking initiative had gone.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »
Anything to put pressure on RL to get rid of AM has to be a good thing.

yep agreed it will happen just a matter of time

Offline andyaston

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 02:57:24 PM »
How's it going to have a detrimental effect on the team/performance?  We can't really get much worse unless they start purposely scoring own goals or laying on chances for the other team.
Of course it will effect team performance. If a player thinks he's going to get moaned at for losing the ball he'll take the easy option.
In any walk of life if a person is encouraged to do a better job they will rise to the occasion, if they are moaned at they'll just do a job.
Mark Albrighton is a classic example, last season he attacked every fullback in front of him, if he lost the ball the crowd got behind him and cheered him on. Next time he got the ball he attacked the full back again.... and again.
This season he's struggled for form and his confidence is low and is not getting the same backing. It's now he needs the crowd to get behind him. On Saturday he attacked the fullback and his cross wasn't that good, you heard the crowd have a groan and moan. The next time he had the ball he held back and passed inside and the attacking initiative had gone.
This is right, confidence is a big factor in all sports anything negative can knock this. If people want to boo they have every right to but, do it after the match has finished.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2011, 03:14:17 PM »
On Saturday he attacked the fullback and his cross wasn't that good, you heard the crowd have a groan and moan. The next time he had the ball he held back and passed inside and the attacking initiative had gone.

You're probably right, but I'd point out that our forwards were doing this against both Spurs and Swansea in the games before Man U. As much as it's confidence, I think it's negative tactics just as much.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal