collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:42:02 PM]

FFP by Nev
[Today at 05:39:45 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Does Roy Hodgson Owe Us An Apology?  (Read 23626 times)

Offline Bottom Right 89

Re: Does Roy Hodgson Owe Us An Apology?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:53 PM »

Oh woe is me. Life in general contains it's fair share of disappointments, lost opportunities and injustices, nowhere more evident than in sport. To gnash teeth and wring hands 3 days after the event, declaring that so and so owes Villa supporters or the club an apology for making comments that hurt or injure noone is, quite frankly, pathetic and precious. Yes, I don't think there are many other words for it. But if it really is the end of your world, then you go ahead and continue to complain to the internet. I dare say Herd is a little more philosophical about these things than some fans and their deluded sense of finite justice.

Spare me the philosophy lesson, Roy Hodgson said he stamped on his player he didn't so was just inflaming the situation and now the appeal backs up the opinion he should apologise to Chris Herd and to Aston Villa. Chris is a promising young player with not many games under his belt if he received a 3 game ban and ended up down the pecking order as a result of this farcical sending off then I'm sure he would have been over the moon about it but you just keep accepting the shit referee decisions and I'll keep complaining about them.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »
I think every manager, who has ever gave a wrong opinion about an incident, purely because it benefited / hurt their team should be forced to make an apology to the fans of the opposing club involved. 

The footage of every single match and post match interview since football has been broadcast MUST be analysed in detail, so that ALL the culprits are found.

Each apology should be made at the opposing clubs ground, in the centre circle in front of a capacity crowd.

I believe that all games should be suspended until this has been completed.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 03:06:25 PM »
I think every manager, who has ever gave a wrong opinion about an incident, purely because it benefited / hurt their team should be forced to make an apology to the fans of the opposing club involved. 

The footage of every single match and post match interview since football has been broadcast MUST be analysed in detail, so that ALL the culprits are found.

Each apology should be made at the opposing clubs ground, in the centre circle in front of a capacity crowd.

I believe that all games should be suspended until this has been completed.

We'll be waiting a long time to hear a sorry from Woy then.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 03:30:51 PM »
Maybe a few people owe McLeish an apology. Had he not had one of his team sent off unfairly, we probably would have won the game and still be riding high in the league above Arsenal, yet the bashing continues...

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »
Old ostrich face should come out and apologise to us for his remarks.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »
Why are people expecting an apology? Do we take exception to everything that goes against us these days. We all know Roy was wrong and the appeal proves it so move on. This thread makes us look a bit smalltime "Does he owe us an apology"........ NO.

Offline Redman

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 06:10:41 PM »

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 06:43:23 PM »
Owe us an apology? What a pathetic question. He gave his opinion and saw the tussle one way, the referee saw it that way too. How has Hodgson damaged you personally that an apology is really necessary? I think some people are far too precious and need to man up.

Mr Diggles calm down dear!! 

I think that by sticking to his initial comments and not issuing a corrective statement then he can be accused of bringing the game into disrepute.  No manager should be allowed to smear the character of a player like Hodgson has and not correct it when their initial statement is proven incorrect as is the case here.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2011, 06:53:53 PM »
He doesn't owe us an apolagy he's been made to look like a bellend as it is. I've lost a lot of respect for him
Perhaps he can explain how foster wasn't last man and how gabby wasn't through on goal? I can't believe that hasn't been discussed
I've never liked olsson, and saturdays given me more reasons to hate him. What an utter utter prick he is

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
Perhaps he can explain how foster wasn't last man and how gabby wasn't through on goal? I can't believe that hasn't been discussed
Because the ball was going away from goal rather than towards it.

And if someone is 'last man' or not is irrelevant.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2011, 08:57:19 PM »
Because the ball was going away from goal rather than towards it.

And if someone is 'last man' or not is irrelevant.

It isn't irrelevant but it is just one of the criteria that can be used to judge whether a goal scoring chance was denied rather  than being a reason by itself.

Online Dave

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2011, 09:02:09 PM »
True enough, but in the above context where the poster says "perhaps he can explain how foster wasn't last man" he doesn't need to explain how Foster wasn't the last man. It just doesn't matter than he was the last man because Gabby kicked the ball away from the goal.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »
But if Foster hadn't tripped him he would have been clean through. How can that not be an obvious goal scoring opportunity and therefore a red card?

Offline pav

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2011, 09:59:57 PM »
I can see Woy now ...." I'm weally , weally sowwy "

Online Dave

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »
But if Foster hadn't tripped him he would have been clean through. How can that not be an obvious goal scoring opportunity and therefore a red card?
Because in trying to go round Foster he moved the ball away from the goal rather than towards the goal.

Whether that's how the law should be interpreted or not, that's how referees are choosing to apply it in pretty much every case at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal