collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires  (Read 93958 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #405 on: September 05, 2019, 11:27:32 PM »
Let's be totally honest, Hutton is a likeable character, and god knows we've not had many of those these past few years, but he's a very limited footballer.

I wish him the absolute best of luck and understand why he wants an opportunity that doesn't mean uprooting his family and what not.

He was always a 'just about good enough' type footballer, nothing more.

The something more was a more than good enough man: no boat rocking despite loans/bomb squad, head down working hard, pay cut. That's why at least some of us loved him as a gem in the knotweed that was strangling our club. Connection with fans, honesty, hard work, all when we neded it most.

So not nothing more.

Offline 260475

« Reply #406 on: September 05, 2019, 11:28:20 PM »
His goals against Hull and Blues last season  were fab. Watched them times over.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #407 on: September 06, 2019, 08:14:29 AM »
Let's be totally honest, Hutton is a likeable character, and god knows we've not had many of those these past few years, but he's a very limited footballer.

I wish him the absolute best of luck and understand why he wants an opportunity that doesn't mean uprooting his family and what not.

The something more was a more than good enough man: no boat rocking despite loans/bomb squad, head down working hard, pay cut. That's why at least some of us loved him as a gem in the knotweed that was strangling our club. Connection with fans, honesty, hard work, all when we neded it most.

So not nothing more.

Agreed. Plus, knotweed is an absolute bastard.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #408 on: September 06, 2019, 10:16:39 AM »

So not nothing more.

Agreed. Plus, knotweed is an absolute bastard.

Don't cut it.  That is if we're talking about Japanese Knotweed.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #409 on: September 06, 2019, 11:02:15 AM »
Guess the offers have come from likes of Preston and Blackburn and he dosen't want to move up to Lake District.

Surprised by him saying about staying up six days a week, I thought the usual thing for footballers with families settle elsewhere is to train 2-3 times a week, stay up the night before a game and rest of time is at Family home.

We did it with John Terry. Indeed looking at his instagram you'd be forgiven for thinking he's still at Chelsea if you didn't know he was involved with us with all the posts about him playing Golf at Cobham and taking his very forgiving Missus to the Ivy down there.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #410 on: September 12, 2019, 10:52:43 AM »
Guess the offers have come from likes of Preston and Blackburn and he dosen't want to move up to Lake District.

Surprised by him saying about staying up six days a week, I thought the usual thing for footballers with families settle elsewhere is to train 2-3 times a week, stay up the night before a game and rest of time is at Family home.

We did it with John Terry. Indeed looking at his instagram you'd be forgiven for thinking he's still at Chelsea if you didn't know he was involved with us with all the posts about him playing Golf at Cobham and taking his very forgiving Missus to the Ivy down there.
And following Kompany's testimonial asking the Chelsea fans if he should have one.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2019, 08:15:23 PM »
On Radio 5's Friday Football Social atm.

Online Demitri_C

Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires
« Reply #412 on: February 19, 2020, 12:14:20 PM »
Needs its own thread. Breaking on talksport now. Thanks Cafu for the memories you were fecking brilliant for us.

A legend. Best of luck in future and wilm never forget that goal vs blose

Offline sid1964

Re: Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires
« Reply #413 on: February 19, 2020, 12:15:54 PM »
Good luck in the future - far from my favourite player but always did his best.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #414 on: February 19, 2020, 12:19:53 PM »
He saying how much he loves our club like rangers and the fans. Also says he comes to watch villa games as a fan.

He is going to be discussing villa and grealish on ts shortly.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #415 on: February 19, 2020, 01:07:10 PM »
I don’t think it was any coincidence we went on a 10 game unbeaten run after he got injured at Stoke.

Good luck to him.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #416 on: February 19, 2020, 01:13:51 PM »
Over the years I often Thought that Hutton has really poor positional sense and wasn’t a great defender. I remember one game in the relegation year, Boxing Day against West Ham, I was sitting in the upper trinity as a change from the holte and you could see the ball that was going to be played past him ages before it eventually was, for them to score, this was for me typical Alan Hutton in the one sense.

However, just for his sheer bloody mindedness for not giving up on his career at villa, his 100% effort every game no matter how well or badly he was playing, his obvious love for our club and of course one of the great villa park goals and against the noses of all teams, the Scottish Cafu will always be a cult hero.

And loved that interview on TS then, talked basically about how he’s a huge fan of rangers since childhood and now villa, gave me goosebumps when he talked about how the Holte End singing his name, gave him goosebumps and what a club we are. Even Trevor Sinclair was raving about what a special ground villa park is. And Hutton was fairly dismissive about another of his former club spurs. Loved it, fair play Hutton.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #417 on: February 19, 2020, 01:21:23 PM »
A cult hero for sure.

I still, to this day, am flabbergasted by his goal against Blues.

Offline colin69

« Reply #418 on: February 19, 2020, 01:42:24 PM »
Not the greatest footballer of all time but absolutely loved his commitment and desire.
And the goals against our neighbours and Hull were outstanding. All the best to the Scottish Cafu.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #419 on: February 19, 2020, 01:52:11 PM »
Will always have a soft spot for him . Good luck Cafu.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal