collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires  (Read 93954 times)

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires
« on: October 22, 2011, 11:51:01 PM »
Just saw the highlights on MOTD.  Aside from the fact that Alan Hutton can't cross for toffee, the fact that he would struggle to pass water, that he has the positional sense of a blind man with an inner ear infection, that his tackling is later than my bus, that his overall footballing ability is questionable in the extreme and that, in short, he is the worst player I have ever fecking seen in a Villa shirt, aside from all that, I don't want to see this idiot playing for Aston Villa ever again.  His tackle on Long was absolutely disgusting.  And to follow it up with another reckless thwack at the same player, it was thuggery, pure and simple.  If an opponent dished out that sort of treatment to one of our players we would be fuming about it, and rightly so.  There really is no excuse.  Don't want to sound over-dramatic and pious but I find that sort of behaviour reprehensible and an embarrassment to our club.  I can put up with us being shite.  I can't put up with us being like Stoke.  The guy's a disgrace.  Get rid.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 11:52:56 PM »
I don't want him not to play for us because of that tackle (dreadful tackle though it was).

I don't want him to play for us because he's an absolutely rubbish player.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
He's not been great so far has he?

To think he once cost £9m. Makes Reo-Coker and Harewood look like prudent spending.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 11:58:35 PM »
He's been very poor, I don't disagree. However it's only a handful of games and since we don't have a great deal of choice, we should give him a chance.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
He's not been great so far has he?

To think he once cost £9m. Makes Reo-Coker and Harewood look like prudent spending.

The only thing about Hutton that makes me smile is the though that Spurs once forked out nine million pounds for him.

Unbelievable.

Offline luke25

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 12:00:21 AM »
Most our signings recently seem to take half a season to settle and we end up writing them off straight away..... Having said that though, he really is shit.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »
Some of his Scotland performances a couple of years back were quite good as was the start of his Tottenham spell, so I thought it was a reasonable signing.

However, he has been truly dreadful.  No wonder he was 3rd/4th choice at Tottenham.  He looks like he's either going to give a penalty away, make a howler or get sent off in every game he plays.  He's also added nothing going forward.

His tackle today was truly atrocious and I agree with the OP that I don't want Aston Villa players doing that sort of thing.  I'd like to see him at least make an apology to Long.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 12:13:39 AM »
I don't want him not to play for us because of that tackle (dreadful tackle though it was).

Really sorry guys but someone has got to tell me what's wrong with the tackle.
Does he go for the ball? Yes.
Does he win the ball? Yes.
The fact that Long got injured in the process is bad luck.
(The petulant bit later when he gets booked is fair enough.)
We can't expect players to come to a complete halt as soon as contact is made with the ball. I believe it's called momentum. In the Highway Code with regard to motor vehicles it's called braking distance.
How many times have you seen players injure themslves while tackling/being tackled? Does that mean the player who doesn't come off worse has committed an offence?

By the way, I think Hutton's a bit shit!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 12:14:12 AM »
ho hum. rather have kept young. Pious or not i rather agree about not playing someone who'd likely to finish an opposition's players' career. Hopefully its a one-off and to be fair he hasn't got that reputation to my knowledge. Not writing him off yet if only because its unlikely we've got the money to buy a replacement.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 12:15:43 AM »

Really sorry guys but someone has got to tell me what's wrong with the tackle.
Does he go for the ball? Yes.
Does he win the ball? Yes.
I've replied to this in the other thread - neither the above two points matter are at all relevant.

Edit:

After 2005, players would be shown the red card regardless of how much of the ball they got. It was the re-wording of the guidelines to “endangering the safety of the opponent” which eventually outlawed the two-footed challenge for good. Now not only was this type of challenge forbidden, any challenge in which the defender launched themselves at the attacker was considered “dangerous”. Dangerous was equated with excessive force. And that means a red card.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:18:09 AM by Dave »

Offline KRS

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »
I've always thought he was shite. Suffice to say he hasnt changed my opinion.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 12:21:15 AM »
He makes Luke Young look like Cafu.

I was never happy with playing Cuellar out of position at right back but Hutton has been so awful that I was overjoyed to see the big man come back and dearly hope it is a regular move.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 12:27:13 AM »
I wasn't exactly enamored when we signed him but I didn't realise he was this bad. I don't really buy into this he and N'Zogbia need time to settle in stuff, they only came from London & Wigan, it's not as though they came from Outer Mongolia.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 12:35:46 AM »
It's not just the awfulness of the tackle, but that another one closely followed it.  Now, I'm no fan of MOTD and their selective editing, but it came across as if Hutton was on some sort of demented mission to rough Long up and kick him out of the game - and since he was substituted on 19 minutes it appears he succeeded.  I'm not saying that's the case, just that that's what armchair fans up and down the country will have seen.  That's what made me angry (that and being quite drunk).  And to those who can't see what was wrong with it, that he played the ball, etc., as I said before, how would you feel if one of our players was kicked up in the air like that?  We'd all be bloody furious.  Christ, there's still people on here angry about Alex Cropley.  Rightly so.  I don't want us to be seen as a bunch of thugs, it's embarrassing.  That's my point.  That and the fact that Hutton's utter shit.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 12:41:33 AM »
well listening to AM it seems he didn't see much wrong with Huttons tackle so draw your own conclusions.  Not so much Hoof! but oof!.I really hope his plan for survival doesn't involve turning us into Hughes era Blackburn

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal