collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires  (Read 94424 times)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2019, 02:27:42 PM »
Just been confirmed starts for the U23's tonight.
Congratulations - you had me fooled

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2019, 04:17:15 PM »
Good luck Alan. I wasn’t quite sure what to make if you when you 1st arrived but through hard work effort and passion you’ve become a Villa icon! You’ll always be a Villan and thanks for that messi type goal against the scum earlier in the season. Cheers for everything the Scottish Cafu!

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2019, 04:28:24 PM »
Yes I know he is a player with a number of detractors on here but if the rest of the squad had had a fraction of his work ethic and commitment we would never have been relegated.  Blamed (rightly) for some poor crosses but often he was the only Villa player getting into positions to do so.  For me he will always be welcome at Villa Park

Offline achilles

« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2019, 04:56:35 PM »
Yes I know he is a player with a number of detractors on here but if the rest of the squad had had a fraction of his work ethic and commitment we would never have been relegated.  Blamed (rightly) for some poor crosses but often he was the only Villa player getting into positions to do so.  For me he will always be welcome at Villa Park

Exactly, I have defended him many times on here but he will always be a favourite of mine for his sheer work ethic, never moaning, just getting on with the job and most of all that unforgettable Messi type goal against the slum dwellers which I was privileged to watch live and will never ever forget!

Best of luck in the future and hope to see you back sometime! UTV

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2019, 05:22:49 PM »

Exactly, I have defended him many times on here but he will always be a favourite of mine for his sheer work ethic, never moaning, just getting on with the job and most of all that unforgettable Messi type goal against the slum dwellers which I was privileged to watch live and will never ever forget!

Best of luck in the future and hope to see you back sometime! UTV

Agree, one of the very few players that got relegated and can hold his head high. He did his best, worked hard and never hid. He had his limitations as well but I genuinely believe he loved our club. He will never be forgotten especially the goal at home against Blues. Many thanks and all the luck for the future.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2019, 05:47:56 PM »
He'll go down as one of my all time favourite players, a proper good bloke in a time of uber ****** footballers. Played very well for us over the past three seasons as well.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2019, 05:48:44 PM »
A lower half Championship level footballer at best. A PL attitude and a superb squad member as many of the veteran players turned out to be. As much as the squad all celebrated last week there must have been some sadness there too as inevitably players like Hutton were set to leave soon after. I have no doubt he will find a club and have a few more years in his career.

Good luck to The Scottish Cafu

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #262 on: June 01, 2019, 06:11:55 PM »
The thing with Hutton is that despite being not very good he played so many games for us.  That pretty much sums up our last few seasons.

Online nigel

« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2019, 06:22:18 PM »

He also bore the brunt of the fans anger when he ended up covering for Dunne or Collins as they were too slow to get back.
I took time off watching the games to Watch certain individuals. It was amazing how many times those two left Hutts in the sh*te

Offline Hinckley Dave

« Reply #264 on: June 01, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »
The bloke always did his best and that's all any of us could ever ask for. If he ever comes back to Villa Park im sure he'll get a great reception. Cheers Alan, top man!

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #265 on: June 01, 2019, 06:34:48 PM »
Good luck big Al, amazing attitude even though he’s been binned by a squillion mangers in his time here. Never moaned and just got on with it.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »
He got the ball.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #267 on: June 01, 2019, 07:20:51 PM »
He got the ball.

Was that the game with Woy Hodgson crying afterwards about foul play?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #268 on: June 01, 2019, 07:34:05 PM »
Was that the game with Woy Hodgson crying afterwards about foul play?

Woy was the Long challenge I think, then again he insisted Herd stamped on one of their players the twunt.

This one was on Berahino and was the midweek game before the FA Cup iirc

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #269 on: June 01, 2019, 07:53:58 PM »
Fair-thee-well Alan.  You came, tried hard, scored a couple of absolutely legendary goals and left with your head truly held high.  Which is something nobody expected after your first couple of seasons.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal