collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires  (Read 94421 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2019, 11:01:39 AM »
I posted a long time ago that when Alan Hutton leaves he goes with my utmost respect.  His shortcomings as a footballer are well documented here but his professionalism and the manner in which he conducted himself are, in my opinion unquestionable.  I'm quite saddened actually that his Villa career has been ended by injury if indeed that is the case.  He deserved to play in the last home game to be given a final round of applause as a thank you by those that wished it.  Thanks Alan, I'll always remember you as a Villa man.

I hope he hasn't played his last game but if he has, then this sums up what I think perfectly.

Online Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2019, 12:06:14 PM »
I posted a long time ago that when Alan Hutton leaves he goes with my utmost respect.  His shortcomings as a footballer are well documented here but his professionalism and the manner in which he conducted himself are, in my opinion unquestionable.  I'm quite saddened actually that his Villa career has been ended by injury if indeed that is the case.  He deserved to play in the last home game to be given a final round of applause as a thank you by those that wished it.  Thanks Alan, I'll always remember you as a Villa man.

I hope he hasn't played his last game but if he has, then this sums up what I think perfectly.

Encapsulates my feelings as well.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2019, 12:10:06 PM »

Me too, a great pro and a fighter who has defied many a managers cull.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2019, 12:25:06 PM »

Me too, a great pro and a fighter who has defied many a managers cull.

And me.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2019, 12:41:33 PM »
Alright, stop gushing over him! He'd tell you in his best Weegie-way not to be so soft...

As for longevity, interesting that two of the stalwarts mentioned - Delaney and Taylor, are still working for/involved with the club and have been for quite a few years in addition to their playing careers.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2019, 01:59:30 PM »
Alan was/is a good servant to the club but as yet, there are no grounds for beatification, although I will put in a word with one of his eminences soon.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2019, 02:15:15 PM »
My feelings also.  The Scottish SNAFU.  A beacon of endeavour in a decade of "what? who? me?"  Moderate player.  Great bloke.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2019, 03:26:53 PM »
His talents were always limited and faded even more as he got older. But in terms of being a professional and dedicated through all of the adversity, the bomb squad nonsense, that cannot be doubted. He's not a Villa legend but he will be remembered fondly for giving a shit over many years when many around him past and present fell well, well short of that.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2019, 04:33:43 PM »
A very poor player, whose legs are now gone.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »
A very poor player, whose legs are now gone.

He's not half as bad as some pretend him to be. His legs won't do two games a week as was highlighted over the Christmas/New Year period. The last few games he's been fine as we've only played once a week. I had hoped that Dean Smith would have noticed and used Elmo to give Hutton a rest.

I'm another agreeing with Dave Shelley's post. I'll thank Hutton and wish him the best in the future.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2019, 05:30:27 PM »
His goal against SHA will live long in the memory.
I would say a very limited player but at least he seemed to care.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2019, 05:41:39 PM »
Elmo proved time and again he is a better right back than a winger yesterday.. and with that proved he is the best right back at club by a mile.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2019, 05:42:49 PM »
I won't knock Hutton's attitude or commitment. He's just not very good.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2019, 05:47:33 PM »
Someone on Twitter saying he's out for 8 weeks.

Obviously it's Twitter, so he could be out for 10 days or 6 months.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2019, 07:06:42 PM »
Elmo proved time and again he is a better right back than a winger yesterday.. and with that proved he is the best right back at club by a mile.

And therein lies the problem.  Elmo has 12 months left whereas Hutton's contract expires in the Summer.

With the new signing sure to be starting next season, Elmo will be the most obvious/sensible back up, leaving no room for Hutton.

While we're at it, I'd try and get our money back for Bree.  I've seen nothing to convince me that he's anywhere near good enough and struggled to understand the clamor for him to start games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal