collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton the Scottish Cafu Retires  (Read 94401 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 12:43:04 AM »
You have to ask the question, who the hell thought that buying Hutton and selling Young was a good idea?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 01:16:22 AM »
Wouldn't rule him or Nzogbia out yet but both are really struggling.

I know managers defend the indefensible but it sickened me how McLeish defended that 2 footed charge from that brainless prick today.

Yet another player whose reputation is based on performances against the St Mirrens of this world.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 02:12:58 AM »
was at the game today and after watching MOTD all i can think is why Herd what the fuck never a sending off!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 04:06:40 AM »
Huttton has been gash but it wasn't a case of getting rid of Luke Young in order to bring Lord Hutton in. Young has wanted to return to London for quite some time. McLeish tried to convince him to stay but was unable to do so.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 06:50:28 AM »
Hutton should have been sent off. The tackle was dangerous.
And I believe he intended to take Long out of the game.

I don't want him representing our club.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 07:47:06 AM »
It was a hard, aggressive tackle and doesn't warrant the attention it is being given. Hodgson used it as an excuse to draw attention away from his player cheating for the penalty and we've bought into it.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »
It was a hard, aggressive tackle and doesn't warrant the attention it is being given. Hodgson used it as an excuse to draw attention away from his player cheating for the penalty and we've bought into it.

Indeed, and this mornings headline on the BBC site is "West Brom's Shane Long injured after Hutton tackle" instead of "Cheating Stripey bastards collude with pug faced moron Dowd to rob Villa"

Offline john2710

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 08:30:11 AM »

It was tackle with the same level of commitment that many on here are (quite rightly) singing Herd's praises for. If you don't show commitment you're shit (N'Zogbia) if you do show commitment you're a disgrace (Hutton). For years we've been saying we're a soft touch, too nice, we need someone nasty to put their foot in. Hutton's tackle (he went for & won the ball) was NOT, in my opinion, a straight red. He did not go it with two straight feet and Long's landing made it look worse than it was.

As for Hutton in general, give him time.   

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 08:49:29 AM »

I also agree love a bit of thunder, as Hansen said that kind of tackle would have got you a new contract back in the day.

Fwiw I don't really rate him but he's not going to be dropped any time soon unless mcshit carries out his threat of dropping defenders that can't defend which I doubt because there isn't anyone else

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 08:53:14 AM »

It was tackle with the same level of commitment that many on here are (quite rightly) singing Herd's praises for. If you don't show commitment you're shit (N'Zogbia) if you do show commitment you're a disgrace (Hutton). For years we've been saying we're a soft touch, too nice, we need someone nasty to put their foot in. Hutton's tackle (he went for & won the ball) was NOT, in my opinion, a straight red. He did not go it with two straight feet and Long's landing made it look worse than it was.

I agree. I think Hodgson's OTT after match bleating is as annoying as anything. Hutton has been poor, but then so have others for some time. Collins needs dropping for Clark, as he is a good game in 4 man at the moment, Warnock is still painfully shit and invites pressure on us and we have not found a partner for Petrov yet as Delph has been poor this season, maybe Clark in there alongside him might be a way to go. Hutton and NZobia are worries, but need time. The ones who have been around 4 years and are shite worry me far more at the moment.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 09:03:13 AM »
... Alan Hutton...... he is the worst player I have ever fecking seen in a Villa shirt...

Theres a debate in itself, I could think of a few worse over the years.

Personally I thought it was a bloody good hard tackle, then again I liked football better 30 years ago rather than the non-contact sport we have today that is designed to protect a bunch of prissy over-paid by and large overseas ball juggling prima donnas. George Best wouldnt have moaned about a tackle like that on him.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »
I don't think Hutton, or any of the defence for that matter, have been that bad this season.  Man City aside, we've conceded 7 goals in 8 league games which is one of the best defensive records in the league.  I'm not sure what people are expecting.  For the money we've paid all you can hope for is a solid defender.  He's not going to be the best crosser of a ball.  He's not going to be spraying 50 yard, cross-field passes around.  He's pretty standard like the vast majority of our right-backs for the past 20 years.  I can only think of Mark Delaney as being better than him.  Luke Young was pretty much of a muchness.

As for the tackle, at the time I thought it was a superb tackle.  Committed without being reckless, just as the vast majority of people say they want to see our players playing.  Having seen the slow-motion replay on MOTD it does look worse but then don't all tackles when they're played back in slow motion.  Under the current interpretation of the rules you could see that as a red card but it wasn't two-footed and I genuinely don't think he was trying to hurt Long.  The reaction (or lack of reaction) of the vast majority of the players showed that.  The petulant swipe after it was a reaction to him feeling he'd just been fouled for their throw in.  It was silly but wasn't part of a play to kick Long out of the game.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »

This.

And really pissed off at Woy's bleating. He's trying to defend his own player - fair enough - but you don't do that by attacking another one. So it was okay for Olsson to thump Herd on the shoulder before the sending off? And he stated they were in total control of the game before the sending off anyway. From his "angle" obviously!Always had a bit of a soft spot for Woy. No longer.

Offline luke25

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
Im going to do something i've never done before now and quote Alan fucking Hansen, '30 years ago that tackle would've earned him a new contract'

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 12:16:38 PM »
yeah the point being "30 years ago". I don't know why people are having so much of a problem with this. you don't get this with the backpass rule. Bottom line is if one of there's had done the same to gabby and got him injured, we'd never have heard the last of it on here

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal