collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 02:06:12 PM]

Ollie Watkins by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:57:32 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:52:56 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by SaddVillan
[Today at 01:44:57 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 02:06:12 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by mrfuse
[Today at 02:03:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 02:01:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by astonvilla82
[Today at 01:59:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:58:50 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:57:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 01:56:15 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:55:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton yesterday  (Read 19752 times)

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Alan Hutton yesterday
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2011, 11:46:42 PM »
Sounds like hutton dressed as lahm

Well done, that's only the second time you've posted that, and it's only about the 5th time that that shit excuse for a joke has been made in the last few days.

Only the 5th? It seemed to pop up on every thread I read on deadline day.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2011, 11:47:19 PM »

Well done, that's only the second time you've posted that, and it's only about the 5th time that that shit excuse for a joke has been made in the last few days.

Ah come on, first time you heard it inside you were laughing.

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2011, 12:27:43 AM »

Obviously not much happening today. Would have thought "could we stop repeating jokes" would have suffice. Extreme moderating........on the edge.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2011, 12:30:52 AM »

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2011, 01:28:10 AM »
I was pretty disappointed with Hutton's performance at the weekend.  I thought he looked below par in the first half especially, but just hope that was an off day.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »
Not in the side tonight then, although Bannan is. Odd.

Edit apparently has a groin injury. So that is Given, Bent and Hutton all with groin problems. Great.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2011, 04:32:26 PM »
I think with Hutton it is a question of him not being 100%.

I think him and Bent will both be ready for Everton and for Given we will have to see if he gets through the game now unscathed.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »

Edit apparently has a groin injury. So that is Given, Bent and Hutton all with groin problems. Great.

They must have all been looking at that picture of Jenas' missus.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »

Given had a very good game for Ireland against Russia in the match just finished.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »
Jenas and Hutton were around the 25-30 I think - Jenas had his extended but not on new terms after signing

How on Earth do you know that?

I didn't think so.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 06:19:30 AM »
I heard a couple of weeks ago that both were moving to Villa Park on loans. Apparently Spurs were looking to sell Jenas, who was in his final year of contract, but Villa would not match their 5 million valuation. I assume we only wanted a loan deal anyway - try before you buy is prudent. As a result Spurs extended his contract on current terms by 12 months, but would still be looking for 5 million next summer.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 08:12:50 AM »
I heard a couple of weeks ago that both were moving to Villa Park on loans. Apparently Spurs were looking to sell Jenas, who was in his final year of contract, but Villa would not match their 5 million valuation. I assume we only wanted a loan deal anyway - try before you buy is prudent. As a result Spurs extended his contract on current terms by 12 months, but would still be looking for 5 million next summer.

Interesting.  Do you know whether it is an "agreed" 5m option to buy or you suspect that the figure would be the same?  Based on the wages quoted above and the fee he could be a very good/prudent buy.  I am assuming he can get back to the form that got him into all those England squads.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2011, 07:06:06 AM »

Interesting.  Do you know whether it is an "agreed" 5m option to buy or you suspect that the figure would be the same?  Based on the wages quoted above and the fee he could be a very good/prudent buy.  I am assuming he can get back to the form that got him into all those England squads.

Dante, I heard that Spurs were still hoping for 5m next summer but that we have not formally agreed to this.

As you say, if he gets back to his best form, which admittedly was a while ago, he can be a decent player for us. If that happens then I assume Spurs would expect a few other clubs to be sniffing round and push up the price.

The interesting point for me was that Spurs have loaned us Walker, Hutton and Jenas in 8 months and no longer see us as real rivals.

Offline Ryu

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2011, 08:24:18 AM »
We've bought Hutton and I think the loan move for Jenas probably suits us more than them as they like us are a team looking to move players on but not getting much interest in them. Surely a 'try before you buy' on a player like Jenas who lost his way a bit is a good move?

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2011, 09:26:27 AM »

Dante, I heard that Spurs were still hoping for 5m next summer but that we have not formally agreed to this.

As you say, if he gets back to his best form, which admittedly was a while ago, he can be a decent player for us. If that happens then I assume Spurs would expect a few other clubs to be sniffing round and push up the price.

The interesting point for me was that Spurs have loaned us Walker, Hutton and Jenas in 8 months and no longer see us as real rivals.

Hutton was bought, not loaned...  Spurs even when they were finishing below us thought they were above us, so nothing has really changed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal