collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan Hutton yesterday  (Read 19749 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Alan Hutton yesterday
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »
Indeed. We can discuss Spurs' wage bill for the millionth time without resorting to petty insults if you please.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2011, 09:57:40 PM »
Been a long time since we've talked about Spurs' wage bill and compared it to ours. Maybe we start a new specific thread for it?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2011, 10:05:39 PM »
My point is that you said that they had a lower wage bill " last season", I don't believe they did and the figures you posted are out of date.

If you don't believe they did you're a bigger idiot than you come across generally.  And how 'out of date' can the most recent of anything be?!

Picking an argument for the sake of it...

I hope a moderator takes note of your gratuitous insult. There really was no need for it, you don't react very well to being disagreed with, do you?

You made a claim that their wage bill was lower "last season" and then used figures from the season before as evidence.

I believe that due to the players we sold or let go and the players they signed and gave improved contracts to that their wage bill last season was higher than ours. I think the fact that they've been forced to sell so many players this summer shows that their wage bill was also causing them difficulties dispute the increased revenue that a CL run and higher prices  gave them.

I've seen a million times worse on here than being called an idiot.

You thought you were being clever asking for the evidence and now it's there you're picking arguments for the sake of it.

If you genuinely think there was a £13m swing in wages between us and Spurs when the only player of note we shipped out was Milner, but at the same time we brought in Ireland and Bent while Spurs bought in Gallas and Van Der Vaart, even with the bonuses from the Champions League run, then you're barking.  In reality you realise you're way off and are attempting a tenuous "well you said last season but the exact figures you have aren't quite last season are they" argument.

So, again, back to the point - Hutton is no better than Young (albeit younger) but I bet he's a lot cheaper because his Spurs contract will have been much more sensible than the ones we were dishing out when we signed Young. 

Part of Spurs' much better financial management is down to the fact they're listed and therefore have shareholders to appease, something traditionally seen as a bad thing for football clubs.  Another reason (arguably much bigger and probably linked in to the first point) is the presence of Daniel Levy.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2011, 10:06:35 PM »
Indeed. We can discuss Spurs' wage bill for the millionth time without resorting to petty insults if you please.

Apparently Chris hasn't seen all those threads though because he insists our wage bill's lower.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »
Spurs have a much lower wage bill than us ;D

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »
Look back to the initial exchange. I asked you for evidence to back up your assertion and you were unable to do because it hasn't been published but still claimed it as a "fact". That is what I challenged.

Spurs might be better run than us but you're using flimsy evidence to try to sell  an opinion as fact and then getting upset because somebody has the temerity to disagree.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2011, 10:24:38 PM »
Look back to the initial exchange. I asked you for evidence to back up your assertion and you were unable to do because it hasn't been published but still claimed it as a "fact". That is what I challenged.

Spurs might be better run than us but you're using flimsy evidence to try to sell  an opinion as fact and then getting upset because somebody has the temerity to disagree.

Flimsy evidence - lordy!

So what's your actual point relevant to the topic then?!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2011, 10:24:50 PM »
Spurs have a very well publicised wage cap, and I believe only their top players get it. The rest are around 30-40k plus bonuses, which is why they were so Keane to get him gone as Robbie was one of the higher earners. Jenas and Hutton were around the 25-30 I think - Jenas had his extended but not on new terms after signing and Hutton was reportedly on significantly less money than Luke Young to join. The Spurs wage cap is something Arry does not love.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »
Spurs have a very well publicised wage cap, and I believe only their top players get it. The rest are around 30-40k plus bonuses, which is why they were so Keane to get him gone as Robbie was one of the higher earners. Jenas and Hutton were around the 25-30 I think - Jenas had his extended but not on new terms after signing and Hutton was reportedly on significantly less money than Luke Young to join. The Spurs wage cap is something Arry does not love.

He wouldn't!

I'm pretty sure Portsmouth didn't have one and look what Arry did there!!!

Offline Chris Smith

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2011, 10:35:35 PM »

Flimsy evidence - lordy!

It was relevant to your post. You know very well that you've made a claim that you can't back up so have tried to deflect attention by trying to turn it into a personality issue.

As for only selling one payer "of note" surely that's contradicting your point that all of our players are paid too much.

With Hutton, again it's opinion. You're passing of your view that he's no better than Young as fact. Others think he has more to offer as he's far more attack minded and has replaced a player who no longer wanted to be here. If he's on lower wages then that's a bonus.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2011, 10:40:26 PM »

Flimsy evidence - lordy!

It was relevant to your post. You know very well that you've made a claim that you can't back up so have tried to deflect attention by trying to turn it into a personality issue.

As for only selling one payer "of note" surely that's contradicting your point that all of our players are paid too much.

With Hutton, again it's opinion. You're passing of your view that he's no better than Young as fact. Others think he has more to offer as he's far more attack minded and has replaced a player who no longer wanted to be here. If he's on lower wages then that's a bonus.

The only fact I've given is that Spurs' wages are lower than ours.  A 'claim' easily backed up by the latest factual evidence from audited financial information and simple common sense of what happened since then.

It's my opinion that Hutton is no better than Young.  It's my expectation based on the above that he's paid less than Young was.  It's my deduction based on all available evidence that the current transfer policy is more about shifting high earners off the wage bill than it is about improving the squad.

Happier with that?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »
Jenas and Hutton were around the 25-30 I think - Jenas had his extended but not on new terms after signing

How on Earth do you know that?

Offline brice jovial

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
Sounds like hutton dressed as lahm

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2011, 10:57:58 PM »
Sounds like hutton dressed as lahm

Well done, that's only the second time you've posted that, and it's only about the 5th time that that shit excuse for a joke has been made in the last few days.

Offline Chris Smith

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2011, 11:23:57 PM »
If the only issue with replacing Young, after he decided to leave, was money we would have just promoted Lichaj or Herd. Wages are an issue but they are not the be all and end all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal