collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch  (Read 236689 times)

Offline AV84

Re: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch
« Reply #1065 on: October 27, 2023, 02:26:18 PM »
Was it not the "River to the Sea" comment that got him in trouble?

That slogan has been used for decades and has had many different associations in that time. I do think that's the line that got him in trouble, but the assumptions that it's antisemitic, or solely used for supporting Hamas, are incorrect.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1066 on: October 27, 2023, 03:21:29 PM »
Well that's the association these days, so in saying it, he's an idiot and only has himself to blame.

Offline AV84

« Reply #1067 on: October 27, 2023, 03:27:53 PM »
Well that's the association these days, so in saying it, he's an idiot and only has himself to blame.

No, it's not. Not everyone makes that association. As you can see at the various marches in support of Palestine where it's chanted, by people who aren't calling for the Jewish people to be wiped out, or for Hamas to launch a few more terrorist attacks.

There was another footballer who actually posted something antisemitic, and if he had used the phrase then I would think the assumption would hold some weight. AEG's post was clear and concise and factually accurate, so the assumption that he wants to wipe out all Jewish people or supports terrorist activities is a stupid one, and says more about the people making it than it does about the man himself.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1068 on: October 27, 2023, 03:37:00 PM »

No, it's not. Not everyone makes that association. As you can see at the various marches in support of Palestine where it's chanted, by people who aren't calling for the Jewish people to be wiped out, or for Hamas to launch a few more terrorist attacks.

There was another footballer who actually posted something antisemitic, and if he had used the phrase then I would think the assumption would hold some weight. AEG's post was clear and concise and factually accurate, so the assumption that he wants to wipe out all Jewish people or supports terrorist activities is a stupid one, and says more about the people making it than it does about the man himself.

I'm not sure you've really understood the meaning. What river and sea do you think they're talking about, and which bit of land is inbetween?

Offline AV84

« Reply #1069 on: October 27, 2023, 05:23:30 PM »

I'm not sure you've really understood the meaning. What river and sea do you think they're talking about, and which bit of land is inbetween?

I think you've wilfully misunderstood the entire situation, and my posts, if you think my geography knowledge is what needs questioning.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #1070 on: October 27, 2023, 09:00:39 PM »
Sorry, to add, if they were the last two keepers on earth.
I’d definitely take Nyland with this team. His distribution was always pretty good. He’s another keeper though who has played very few games by the age of 33, so it’s difficult to know how good he actually is.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #1071 on: October 27, 2023, 09:41:48 PM »
We can remove Villa legend Michael Bradley from this list. Just retired from Toronto FC. How will we ever forget his contribution to the McLeish glory years?

He was here for five months on a loan deal which ended before Mcleish was appointed so...
You’re no fun.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1072 on: October 28, 2023, 04:40:38 PM »
Philogene has scored for Hull.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1073 on: October 28, 2023, 06:56:45 PM »

Great goal as well, probably better than his one in the week. He’s coming back, even if it’s just so we can make more money on him.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 06:58:38 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #1074 on: October 28, 2023, 08:11:37 PM »
I think that bit 'between the river and the sea' is probably large chunks of the country they used to live in before someone took it from them and put them in an open air prison camp for sixteen years

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1075 on: October 28, 2023, 08:34:45 PM »

Great goal as well, probably better than his one in the week. He’s coming back, even if it’s just so we can make more money on him.

Certainly performing well in Championship and had a great pre season.
Don't think it wa Monchi best decisions to sell and replace him.

I look forward to his return

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1076 on: October 28, 2023, 08:35:47 PM »
Jordan Bowery scored for Mansfield against Walsall today. It would appear that these days he's a right back.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1077 on: October 28, 2023, 08:37:29 PM »
I was just posting same! Jordan Bowery scored winner for  Nigel Cloughs Mansfield.
Unbeaten in all competitions this season.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1078 on: October 28, 2023, 08:49:30 PM »

Apparently the clause kicks off when we and they are in the same league - ie they get promoted, obvs - and we have first refusal at 15m.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1079 on: October 29, 2023, 12:48:55 AM »
^^ Interesting stuff paulie, thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal