collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch  (Read 235436 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »
Did anyone see Ethan Moore play when he was in Villa's junior set up ?

He's signed for Cinderford Town this season.

Some poster on VT was claiming he was potentially the greatest youth player we'd ever produced a few years back.

Obviously not.

Easy to get wrong, Sid was quoted as saying both Stephen Cooke and Barry Bannan were potentially the best players we'd produced.

Sid told me Cooke was the most talented player at the club. I don't think I've ever known a promising player go through the divisions so quickly; they usually at least have the decency to stay at Walsall and/or Kidderminster for a season.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »
He is bound to have a little bias given the type of player both were.

Offline supertom

« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2014, 09:57:26 PM »
Stephen Cooke was a hell of a player on one of the old Champ Manager games if I recall. He made the grade for my Villa.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:52 PM »
Some of the players at the time commented on what a talent Cooke was. I seem to remember a story about him lobbing Schmeichel in training from some distance. Unfortunately talent isn't enough. If they don't have hunger to develop to go along with it, it often goes to waste.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2014, 12:36:30 AM »
Gordan Cowans often tipped him to go an and do great things.

For sure, talent alone is not enough to make it, but there are may other factors apart from hunger or drive which may come into play. 

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2014, 08:52:56 AM »
Stephen Cooke has been mentioned before on other threads (usually by me) I really thought he was going to make the grade.

But he didn't. Possibly too lightweight to cope with midfield. Well could be any ammount of reasons. But he dissappeared from league football very quickly.

But he had talent. A lot of it.

Just checked on Wiki. Hes 32 and playing for Pelsall Villa . Also coaching them. At least he is still involved in football at roots level.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:00:26 AM by Ron Manager »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2014, 11:15:41 AM »
Stephen Cooke has been mentioned before on other threads (usually by me) I really thought he was going to make the grade.

But he didn't. Possibly too lightweight to cope with midfield. Well could be any ammount of reasons. But he dissappeared from league football very quickly.

Just checked on Wiki. Hes 32 and playing for Pelsall Villa . Also coaching them. At least he is still involved in football at roots level.

That was in 2010.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2014, 11:46:39 AM »

That was in 2010.

That would make him 36 then and that isn't right. I will see what I can find out. Pelsall Villa were in danger of collapsing earlier this year but I know a few people from that area. Somebody might know what became of him.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #263 on: October 21, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »
Irish Indie

Richard Dunne becomes first ever player to bring Premier League own goals into double figures

Simon Rice

Published 20/10/2014 | 07:34

It was a bad day for QPR who lost 3-2 to Liverpool, but if anyone in particular was feeling it, then it was Richard Dunne.

The defender has become synonymous with calamity during his career. Whilst featuring for four Premier League clubs, he has proved himself to be a talented defender, although he also has a talent for putting the ball in his own net.

It was Dunne who scored the first goal in the thrilling contest at Loftus Road on Sunday as he needlessly put into his own net after 67 minutes.

It took his tally to 10 own goals in the Premier League, making him the first player to reach double figures.

Dunne scored six during his time at Manchester City, three at Aston Villa and took just three top-flight games with QPR to add to his tally.

The former Republic of Ireland international was already the record holder for most Premier League own goals, but now it's even more impressive. His nearest contenders are Jamie Carragher and Zat Knight with seven each, but with the former retired and the latter playing in the MLS, there's no chance of them catching up.

But has he scored any own goals as good as Vergini's for Sunderland on Saturday?

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #264 on: October 23, 2014, 11:05:29 AM »
Heard today that Isaiah Osbourne is now at Scunthorpe United.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #265 on: October 23, 2014, 11:15:46 AM »
Heard today that Isaiah Osbourne is now at Scunthorpe United.

3 month deal, played against Colchester.

*takes off statto hat

/closeswiki

Offline supertom

« Reply #266 on: October 23, 2014, 11:23:25 AM »
Is that Isaiah Osbourne the new Patrick Viera, or Isaiah Osbourne the original Yacouba Sylla?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #267 on: October 23, 2014, 11:25:44 AM »
In many ways i'm glad he didn't make it at the Villa. Some people have enough trouble spelling Clark never mind Isaiah Osbourne.

Offline Weedy

Offline supertom

« Reply #269 on: October 24, 2014, 10:48:11 AM »
Had no idea that our old boy "Bobby" Pires was still playing. He's one of the marquee stars in the new Indian Super League. So far he's managed to get himself punched in the face.
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-refile-isl-probes-allegation-assault-pires-072723748--sow.html

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal