collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch  (Read 230651 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2018, 12:21:13 AM »
It wasn't just his son who was ill, it was his wife.  And if Taylor did say that, it was utterly pathetic of him.  What was his excuse for failing to get much out of every other player in the squad as well then?

Why does Angel get a pass on this but Bruce should just get on with it when both his parents died within a short time of each other having been ill for a long time?

What a bizarre thing to say.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2018, 05:10:33 AM »
How's Okore going back in Denmark?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »
It wasn't just his son who was ill, it was his wife.  And if Taylor did say that, it was utterly pathetic of him.  What was his excuse for failing to get much out of every other player in the squad as well then?

Why does Angel get a pass on this but Bruce should just get on with it when both his parents died within a short time of each other having been ill for a long time?

What a bizarre thing to say.

I agree, I still don't understand why you expected Bruce to just get on with it but let Angel off.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #378 on: October 22, 2018, 10:42:12 PM »
Albrighton came on for Leicester and was booked for dissenting.

I think he will always be a claret and blue and would like him to come home if we go up move he's like a brummie Elmo

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #379 on: November 14, 2018, 09:49:29 PM »
I'm only came here to say Guzan should be picking ball out net for USMNT v Southgate England in the Rooney international

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #380 on: December 08, 2018, 01:08:25 PM »

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2018, 05:56:13 PM »
How's Okore going back in Denmark?

Jores Okore creates problems for AaB

In Danish we do not have a word that frames it as accurately as they have in English. There is a liability when creating problems where one should in fact do the opposite.

It has been Jores Okore for AaB in 2018. The midfielder was expelled against AC Horsens at the 2-2 position, which was his third in the calendar year. In addition, he scored the two-quarters quarantine in April when he judged Judge Jørgen Daugbjerg Burchardt's performance in a match against FC Midtjylland with the words: "Are you racist or what?"

Okore is a regular member of AaB, and his three expulsions are one more than the team's normal captain, Rasmus Würtz, has had throughout his Superliga career. That kind of damage the team and did it again on Sunday.

Google translated it not old Roy here.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #382 on: December 10, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
Chris Herd is somewhere in Thailand these days I think.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #383 on: December 10, 2018, 06:08:19 PM »
Watched Harrogate Town play Aldershot on Saturday; the mighty home side winning 4-1.
Aldershot had a certain Lewis Kinsella at LB: he appears to have found his level - he was decent yesterday, but nothing more.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #384 on: December 11, 2018, 09:52:54 PM »
West Ham midfielder Robert Snodgrass says his spell at Aston Villa last season left him out of shape.

Manager Manuel Pellegrini warned the Scot, who spent last season on loan at Aston Villa, he had to lose weight if he wanted a spot in his Hammers side.

"I said to the manager, 'You try travelling from London to Birmingham and eating at services and having a balanced diet!' I was travelling nearly 280 miles daily," said Snodgrass in the build-up to Saturday's clash with Crystal Palace.

"I was up and down all over the country. Because I was on loan last year, it was difficult to get any balance or routine. It was probably the hardest year of my life but it's the sacrifice you make to play football.

"I was trying to be a family man and a footballer, so it's difficult. I said, "I'll give you my all, just give me a fair chance and I'll take it with both hands — if I don't then I've only myself to blame".

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #385 on: December 13, 2018, 01:01:55 AM »
Interesting...if it's good enough for Brucie, I guess he was just following suit.

Seriously though, surely he could have hired a chef to prepare him grub for his commute and he would have eaten properly at Bodymoor for his other main meal of the day.

Trying to think back whether it looked like Snoddie struggled with fitness and breathing out of his arse during the latter part of games but if he did he hid it well. His last-minute winner out of nowhere at Bramall Lane comes to mind.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #386 on: December 13, 2018, 01:25:44 PM »
Surely on his wages he could have afforded to rent somewhere or stay in a hotel. I understand him not wanting to be away from his family all week but surely he could have split his time between the Midlands and down South so that he wasn't doing the commute every single day.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #387 on: December 18, 2018, 09:40:31 PM »
Albrighton scored for Leicester in Carabo Cup tonight
Love that guy !

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #388 on: December 20, 2018, 07:53:13 PM »
Bolton released  Stephen Ireland didn't even know he was still playing thought he retired

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #389 on: December 20, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »
Bolton released  Stephen Ireland didn't even know he was still playing thought he retired

He did, he retired when he was with us. Unfortunately he did it in the middle of a match and Lambert carried on picking him for months without realising.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:16:24 PM by Chinchilla Bathhouse »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal