collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 5% Villa - Take That Capacity  (Read 34702 times)

Offline jembob

Re: 5% Villa - Take That Capacity
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2011, 12:25:07 AM »
I've been to collect Mrs Jembob from VP tonight. My attempts at blagging my way in for free were fruitless and I had to hang around outside with all of the other middle aged husband/taxi drivers. I did however sneak a look inside through the gap between the Holte and The Doug and must say it looked awesome - I've never seen the Trininty from that perspective before and it looked really great but I'm hoping that my season ticket seat isn't splattered with Pimms vomit come next season. Apparently they were selling XL-sized Pimms for £18 each. One thing I did notice was that there were some empty seats in thee top corners of the Upper Trinity so some things never change.

Offline jembob

« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2011, 12:26:32 AM »
I just found out that the Pet Shop Boys were supporting Take That.

Did someone have the lineup upside down?

Apparently went down like a sack of the proverbial.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2011, 12:48:21 AM »

Well yes, we are talking a load of 35+ pissed up women wanting Robbie, they may as well have just showed a big screen projection of an erect cock.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2011, 03:51:22 AM »
Fine tommy cooper!  Matermind on everything,not really interested in the bullshit you spout to be honest

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
By the beard of Zeus, Pooligan, turn it in will you.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2011, 09:47:24 AM »

Actually was a half fan back in the 80's but have to say they were fantastic - PSB i mean

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2011, 09:51:21 AM »
Fine tommy cooper!  Matermind on everything
There's only ONE Richard Hubbard!

Be off with you.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »
Bren, i hope your right and we have a much better season than last and our new manager makes people like me who dont want him eat  our words.

that's just it though. There will be some people, like you, that even if and when things go well, will find something else to complain about. We might not be happy about some things to do with Villa right now, but is it everything? Really? Can you not be discerning with your opinion as opposed to generalising?

Offline dAVe_d

« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »

Well yes, we are talking a load of 35+ pissed up women wanting Robbie, they may as well have just showed a big screen projection of an erect cock.

They tried that. Yours couldn't even been seen on the 40ft LED though. ;)

Offline TonyD

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2011, 12:14:44 AM »
Puke

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2011, 03:22:11 AM »
In answer to you Toronto Villa, You run your life and i will run mine. As a supporter for 50 years and season ticket  holder for 40 odd years i feel entitled to have my say on my club. Over the years there have been many highs and many lows but whatever ,i have been there because i love the Villa. My love of the Villa does not mean however that i have to pretend like you that  everything is rosy. As far as i am concerned the club i love has lost its way a bit over the last year or so and the only chance i get to have my say ,not that it makes any difference, is on here. Smart asses like you piss me off,even when i post saying i really hope that Villa go on to have a much better season than last and the new manager proves me and many  like me wrong  you still have to come on here telling me how i should act. Just give it a rest.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2011, 03:29:45 AM »
In answer to you Toronto Villa, You run your life and i will run mine. As a supporter for 50 years and season ticket  holder for 40 odd years i feel entitled to have my say on my club. Over the years there have been many highs and many lows but whatever ,i have been there because i love the Villa. My love of the Villa does not mean however that i have to pretend like you that  everything is rosy. As far as i am concerned the club i love has lost its way a bit over the last year or so and the only chance i get to have my say ,not that it makes any difference, is on here. Smart asses like you piss me off,even when i post saying i really hope that Villa go on to have a much better season than last and the new manager proves me and many  like me wrong  you still have to come on here telling me how i should act. Just give it a rest.

so how did you act when we were relegated back in the 80's? You must have been locked in a dark room until we returned to the top flight. You're acting like these are the darkest days you've seen. In the past 50 or so years the last year doesn't compare to some of the disappointments we've all seen as Villa fans. I never once said everything was rosy. But they are a damn sight better than the disaster you are portraying. Your current demeanour and perspective on the club isn't even willing to give the current management a chance to get it right, to prove that they can improve. You've given up on them which for someone of your experience is both surprising and disappointing. The club needs valuable supporters like yourself more than ever, because only together will we get back to challenging for titles and trophies. But I'm just a smart ass so what would I know?

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2011, 04:38:06 AM »
Toronto Villa you are wrong. I have not given up on the current management and decided not to give them a chance to get it right. I live in hope that just maybe like back in the days when we won the League and the European Cup, Learner turns out to be like Bendall , who it appeared listened to the manager and let him get on with it.Back then,we did not sell our best players every close season unless Saunders felt it was in the best interests of the team.The same can not be said of the present board can it, we look like losing 2 this year instead of the normal one. Sorry if you think i portray disaster, i dont mean to, i just see my club as being also rans just happy to stay in the Premier and it disappoints me. Oh as for how did i act when we were relegated in the 80s, i will tell you. I renewed my season ticket despite lots of ridicule from family and friends and was glad i did as we managed to get promoted.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2011, 11:12:14 AM »
As a supporter for 50 years and season ticket  holder for 40 odd years i feel entitled to have my say on my club.

That's all well and good.  But it's a bit strange that you're having your say on a thread dedicated to Take That.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »
Apparently, the only reason why Jackthevillain never went to see Take That is because he heard that they were being fronted by Rabbi Williams.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal