collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

VAR by Nev
[Today at 02:49:24 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:32:30 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 02:32:08 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 02:25:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Protest?  (Read 104603 times)

Offline Ross

Re: Protest?
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2011, 09:34:14 PM »
I'll be there - to set up a stall selling fanta and cola and sweeties to all the silly little boys before their bedtime.

Offline fitzy

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
Protest? What's the point? It won't change anything. If he gets the job then so be it.
So if 10,000 turn up tomorrow it wont make a difference.  I beg to differ.

But 10000 will not turn up cos the Apprentice will be on. Thats the point a few will jump on a very small bandwagon and give the majority a bad name.

It starts at 6 by the looks of it, the Apprentice doesn't start 'til 9, they should be able to get back for it.

Ok Eggheads - and they are on a 30 episode winning streak, and that will have an effect on this rent a mob excercise at getting their mugs on Midlands Today. No doubt you will be checking . You tube when you get home ( after the Apprentice has finished of course) to find your 15 seconds of fame. Its laughable

Offline eastie

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2011, 09:36:28 PM »
I'll be there - to set up a stall selling fanta and cola and sweeties to all the silly little boys before their bedtime.

Give our regards to wikivilla!

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:39 PM »
Protest? What's the point? It won't change anything. If he gets the job then so be it.
So if 10,000 turn up tomorrow it wont make a difference.  I beg to differ.

But 10000 will not turn up cos the Apprentice will be on. Thats the point a few will jump on a very small bandwagon and give the majority a bad name.

It starts at 6 by the looks of it, the Apprentice doesn't start 'til 9, they should be able to get back for it.

Ok Eggheads - and they are on a 30 episode winning streak, and that will have an effect on this rent a mob excercise at getting their mugs on Midlands Today. No doubt you will be checking . You tube when you get home ( after the Apprentice has finished of course) to find your 15 seconds of fame. Its laughable

Mentioned earlier in the thread I won't be attending, but have no problem with those who wish to do so.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:59 PM »
Talk Sport will be getting their outside broadcast vans ready as we speak, we will look so stupid.......just see it from an outsiders viewpoint.

Villa fans protest because New Manager was the manager of B,ham city...... that's how it will be spun, those fools on talk sport will have a field day, all the London cabbies who appear to be the only ones who listen to it will be ""gaw blimey do wat  look at dem daft brummies, gert yer cow son!""
we will be the laughing stock.
And when only a few turn up it will be even funnier , talk Shite will also have a field day out of that too, saying Villa fans don't care.
 Sorry but it is a lose lose situation!

think I'll watch the apprentice, no real lookers this year though!
So you care more what London cabbies think rather than making a protest against a totally damaging appointment. 

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2011, 09:43:30 PM »
It's odd that so many people can visit an anonymous messageboard, and protest, object, disagree, and get downright angry about a decision they think is wrong. But then have the right to also accuse those wishing to protest in person as embarassing.

Offline fitzy

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »
Talk Sport will be getting their outside broadcast vans ready as we speak, we will look so stupid.......just see it from an outsiders viewpoint.

Villa fans protest because New Manager was the manager of B,ham city...... that's how it will be spun, those fools on talk sport will have a field day, all the London cabbies who appear to be the only ones who listen to it will be ""gaw blimey do wat  look at dem daft brummies, gert yer cow son!""
And when only a few turn up it will be even funnier , talk Shite will also have a field day out of that too, saying Villa fans don't care.

So you care more what London cabbies think rather than making a protest against a totally damaging appointment. 

No care about those attending who will come acrose as total twats, spitting bile simply because of who he managed previously nothing more or less. As I said you welcomed Martinez last week, who has a worse managerial record over the last 2 years and hardly plays entertaining football. Answer that before you start protesting or just admit that its nothing to do with your love for Villa and more your hatred of Small Heath

Offline fitzy

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
It's odd that so many people can visit an anonymous messageboard, and protest, object, disagree, and get downright angry about a decision they think is wrong. But then have the right to also accuse those wishing to protest in person as embarassing.

Because they cannot answer hoestly why they are protesting and will make us all a laughing stock

Offline rutski

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:02 PM »
i agree here, we all pay too much for our fuel,we just take it,  we are told we are radicals if we protest about an anti war message but that is our opinion, but it is fine to come on here and verbally protest but not show our faces?
I wont be there, i have not made my mind up on anything as the club havent either, but if you want to show your feelings do so!

Offline bartlett23

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:12 PM »
Didn't intend to kick up such a fuss! I wont be going myself, just wondered if all the talk was true. It will be interesting to see how many turn up if it is actually going ahead. Somebody mentioned that we will become a laughing stock, however I'm afraid that it seems we already are after the handling of this situation as a club.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »

No care about those attending who will come acrose as total twats, spitting bile simply because of who he managed previously nothing more or less. As I said you welcomed Martinez last week, who has a worse managerial record over the last 2 years and hardly plays entertaining football. Answer that before you start protesting or just admit that its nothing to do with your love for Villa and more your hatred of Small Heath

Most never welcomed Martinez last week.      I didn't.     I repeat this is nowt to do with Small Heath.   He is not good enough and we can do better.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:47 PM »
Everyone is entitled to their view, mine happens to be why potentially appoint a Manager who played football even more dour than O'Dreary? Didn't Blues score the lowest number of goals... not forgetting the two relegations.

I don't know if I would turn up to protest at six o'clock but I just might be persuaded to. I used the official club website to send an email direct to voice my displeasure that any decent business has a contingency plan for labour turnover- surely we wouldn't get caught with our pants down twice after MON leaving and us being totally clueless... obviously not. We are the owners of this club and whilst no decision will ever be universally popular surely we don't have to bend over backwards to try and find one so blatantly unpopular

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2011, 09:51:26 PM »

Who are all these people who welcomed Martinez? Or are you just referring to a specific poster?

Personally, I saw our pursuit of him as a sign we wanted to do things on the cheap, and the pursuit of McLeish makes me fear the worst again.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2011, 09:53:16 PM »
fuck me this is embarrassing. Are the protesters going to don pitch forks, piss on the McGregor statue and burn effigies of Randy and Paul? You lot are giving the likes of Talksport all the ammo they need to make us look like total idiots.

Nobody said you had to be happy with the appointment. The media will spin this so that all Villa fans will be seen as part of the protest as opposed to a few clowns.

Well said.  This hyper-indignation is a fucking embarrassment. 

How I feel

Offline HOLTENDER

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »

Too right ... borders on the "I'm a better fan .. " arguments that go on
2 faced?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal