collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Protest?  (Read 104595 times)

Offline fitzy

Re: Protest?
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2011, 09:19:40 PM »
Nothing wrong with a peaceful protest unless you're happy with the club being run by clueless yanks making mind numbingly dumb decisions. We are customers, we are free people and we are free to protest. I'll be there at 6pm.

I don't understand why some people are so down on people protesting, in whatever form in may take. This regime have for so long said they listen to the fans, and take their views on board. So surely that is an invitation for the fans to offer an opinion if they feel strongly against something.

Exactly.   I think this situation is worthy of a protest.   

And achieve what exactly ? It will be ill conceived, no organisation and based purely on hatred of a football club. Fecking pathetic
It's not based on based purely on the hatred of the blues.  Please keep up my good man.

Of course it is - Martinez kept Wigan up by the skin of his teeth, and Wigan were hardly crowd pleasers !!! You accepted him with open arms last week. Fact is over 2 years  Mcliesh has a better record than Martinez, so whats the difference if its nothing to do with the club he came from. Answer that my good man

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »
nearly as embarrassing as those posts about starting a new anthem,ffs

Offline Hampshire Villa

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
what a bunch of wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

always good to get the balanced view!

Offline fitzy

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2011, 09:21:53 PM »
Protest? What's the point? It won't change anything. If he gets the job then so be it.
So if 10,000 turn up tomorrow it wont make a difference.  I beg to differ.

But 10000 will not turn up cos the Apprentice will be on. Thats the point a few will jump on a very small bandwagon and give the majority a bad name.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »
Im not against the protest but i think it will come across as we dont want McLeish because he was blues manager and not because hes a poor manager.

I dont get this he has to have premiership experience rubbish McLeish has relegation experience if thats the way we want to go.

On saying all that ive still renewed my season ticket as I support the Club not the individuals

Offline Iago

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2011, 09:22:19 PM »
It is not worth it.
What exactly would you protest against?
I am not disagreeing with the protest. I believe it would be more fruitful to stop attending games and vote with feet. Rather than giving the club and other supporters negative media attention.

Do not get me wrong though, McCleish is far from anybody's favourite to take charge of the club.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
Cringeworthy, embaressing and small time. I really hope no one pays attention to this
Can we not just support the club and give the guy a chance, is that really too much to ask?

Offline fitzy

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »
Cringeworthy, embaressing and small time. I really hope no one pays attention to this
Can we not just support the club and give the guy a chance, is that really too much to ask?

Thanks Alex a sane voice at last, it is really annoying to be associated with this rentamob

Offline Hampshire Villa

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
 Talk Sport will be getting their outside broadcast vans ready as we speak, we will look so stupid.......just see it from an outsiders viewpoint.

Villa fans protest because New Manager was the manager of B,ham city...... that's how it will be spun, those fools on talk sport will have a field day, all the London cabbies who appear to be the only ones who listen to it will be ""gaw blimey do wat  look at dem daft brummies, gert yer cow son!""
we will be the laughing stock.
And when only a few turn up it will be even funnier , talk Shite will also have a field day out of that too, saying Villa fans don't care.
 Sorry but it is a lose lose situation!

think I'll watch the apprentice, no real lookers this year though!

Offline eastie

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2011, 09:28:32 PM »
Protest? What's the point? It won't change anything. If he gets the job then so be it.

more like 100 if its not raining!

Offline woo

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2011, 09:28:37 PM »

Thanks Alex a sane voice at last, it is really annoying to be associated with this rentamob

Yep, this for me.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »

But 10000 will not turn up cos the Apprentice will be on. Thats the point a few will jump on a very small bandwagon and give the majority a bad name.

It starts at 6 by the looks of it, the Apprentice doesn't start 'til 9, they should be able to get back for it.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2011, 09:31:57 PM »
10,000 to turn up? I'll be surprised if there's 100.

Offline Austin1975

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2011, 09:32:19 PM »

Let's see if you're making the same remark after our first ten games!

The future's not bright, it's ginger and sweaty.

Offline eastie

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2011, 09:32:29 PM »

It starts at 6 by the looks of it, the Apprentice doesn't start 'til 9, they should be able to get back for it.

especially if they all share a taxi!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal