collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Young completes Man Utd move  (Read 134529 times)

Offline Redman

Re: Young set for Man Utd
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »
Andy Caroll more rounded?! He's basically Mark Hateley. Even my scouse mate concedes you got well and truly ripped off
Darren Bent: 17 goals and 2 assists in 36 appearances.
Andy Carroll: 13 goals and 6 assists in 26 appearances.

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »
Andy Caroll more rounded?! He's basically Mark Hateley. Even my scouse mate concedes you got well and truly ripped off
and for our respective clubs?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »
6 apps 2 goals int it?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »
As mentioned earlier I think a percantage of the transfer fee will go to Watford, what percentage I don't know!

think its 15% but i've seen 25% mentioned! Whoever wrote that one in deserves a kicking.

We paid £8m for him that rose to £9.65m with the add-ons. Not sure Watford get any percentage of sale.

Offline Redman

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 05:55:20 PM »
I don't know but clearly Bent has done better. But then he was fully fit the whole season.

The point is, determining the value of a striker isn't as simple as dividing the transfer fee by the number of goals.

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 05:55:48 PM »
As mentioned earlier I think a percantage of the transfer fee will go to Watford, what percentage I don't know!

think its 15% but i've seen 25% mentioned! Whoever wrote that one in deserves a kicking.

We paid £8m for him that rose to £9.65m with the add-ons. Not sure Watford get any percentage of sale.
I am pretty sure it is 25% of any profit on the deal. So assuming we paid 9mill and recieve 15mill for him. Watford would get a 1.5mill chunk.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 05:57:17 PM »

pretty sure they do. think its 15-25% of anything over 10m. So we're probably looking at a profit on him of barely 4m

Offline Damo70

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
If your going on statistics, the signing of Bent kept us up with his goals whereas Torres and Carroll combined wouldn't have. I also think if Rafa is our new manager Sir Alex of chewingumdom might have to pay a bit extra to oil the wheels of the deal!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 06:00:01 PM »
I don't know but clearly Bent has done better. But then he was fully fit the whole season.

The point is, determining the value of a striker isn't as simple as dividing the transfer fee by the number of goals.

depends what you want i guess. Rush wasn't much more than a goalscorer but he fired you to god knows how many titles.

Offline Redman

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »

depends what you want i guess. Rush wasn't much more than a goalscorer but he fired you to god knows how many titles.
Absolutely. There's nothing wrong with an out-and-out goalscorer.

Rafa is a big fan of Bent, by the way. I'm pretty sure he was second-choice if we couldn't get Torres.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 06:04:59 PM »
Get Nzogbia in and take a chance on alex Chamberlain too.  He probably has the potential to be another Ash Young.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
It will be interesting to see if the move to Liverpool solves Carroll's 'off-field' problems.

Offline Redman

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 06:09:40 PM »
It will be interesting to see if the move to Liverpool solves Carroll's 'off-field' problems.
Have you seen who his chaperone is in Barbados?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2000978/Wayne-Rooney-Andy-Carroll-enjoy-holiday-Barbados.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
Andy Carroll cost £35m and earns £85,000 a week I think. I doubt he'll ever be as prolific as Bent but he is more well-rounded and will earn his salary every week with his hold-up play, lay-offs and knock-downs.

More well-rounded? In what respect? He looks a bit one dimensional and strikes me as a bit of a moron judging by his court appearances and assaulting team mates. Granted he probably appears well rounded compared to Joey Barton but he strikes me as a ponytailed Duncan Ferguson.

Offline Redman

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »
Andy Carroll cost £35m and earns £85,000 a week I think. I doubt he'll ever be as prolific as Bent but he is more well-rounded and will earn his salary every week with his hold-up play, lay-offs and knock-downs.

More well-rounded? In what respect? He looks a bit one dimensional and strikes me as a bit of a moron judging by his court appearances and assaulting team mates. Granted he probably appears well rounded compared to Joey Barton but he strikes me as a ponytailed Duncan Ferguson.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal