collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby Agbonlahor  (Read 136390 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Gabby Agbonlahor
« Reply #735 on: August 06, 2021, 03:34:41 PM »
Coming from a bloke who stole a living for several years, Agbonlahor can fuck right off.  The bastion of laziness. 

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #736 on: August 06, 2021, 03:38:05 PM »
Imagine spending like 15 years at a club and you only scored 87 goals. Kane scored 41 goals for spuds in 2017/18 alone.

Pathetic!

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #737 on: August 06, 2021, 03:39:39 PM »
He's Ratboys mate and wants to stay in with him. A bit of gossip here and there is catnip for punditry.

Offline KRS

« Reply #738 on: August 06, 2021, 03:55:55 PM »
Fuck off Gabby you brain dead lazy twat.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #739 on: August 06, 2021, 04:15:44 PM »
What he says doesn’t make sense.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #740 on: August 06, 2021, 04:19:46 PM »
He may actually be revering to Stan who he is still mates with , who the club couldn't find a role for ..may be wrong though

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #741 on: August 06, 2021, 04:46:25 PM »

This a pop at the club?

That is 100% a pop at the club. but who can blame them for distancing themselves from gabby? It's a shame that Jack came through during the dark days of Gabby / Lescott / Richards. I wonder if their collective lack of professionalism, passion and brain cells had more of an influence on Jack than we realise?

That's crossed my mind many times. Finally I think the link with that relegation team is broken unless I've missed a player who has gone under the radar. As for agbonlahor he's not even worth commenting on!

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #742 on: August 06, 2021, 05:01:16 PM »
It made me laugh when people on social media were raging about Jack and saying that at least Gabby was a legend who never left.

I sometimes don’t even know where to start. Legend my arse.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #743 on: August 06, 2021, 05:07:49 PM »

This a pop at the club?

That is 100% a pop at the club. but who can blame them for distancing themselves from gabby? It's a shame that Jack came through during the dark days of Gabby / Lescott / Richards. I wonder if their collective lack of professionalism, passion and brain cells had more of an influence on Jack than we realise?

That's crossed my mind many times. Finally I think the link with that relegation team is broken unless I've missed a player who has gone under the radar. As for agbonlahor he's not even worth commenting on!

Technically Steer was with us but he was out at Huddersfield all season.

Offline danno

« Reply #744 on: August 06, 2021, 05:10:32 PM »
Chipsticks made a good point on one of the other threads, for Villa fans watching since 2000, there aren't a great deal of good moments and great players to choose from.

Although I think the real problem is the unconscious desire to have a "hero" or "legend" to connect to. As it is one of the last things between partisan football supporter and neutral who enjoys watching the good players play each other on Super Sundays.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #745 on: August 06, 2021, 05:20:26 PM »
If Gabby had not downed tools when MON left then maybe it would have been thought of better.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #746 on: August 06, 2021, 05:50:13 PM »
Good question! Moments and players since 2000? Off the top of my head:

Players: Merson, Dublin, Darius, Angel, Mellberg, Laursen, Milner, Petrov, Young, Gabby, Carew, Mings and McGinn.

Moments: Getting to four major finals, top six finishes, the comeback win at Goodison, beating Ajaz in European competition, winning at Old Trafford in 2009, Gary Cahill's goal, good wins against SHA, Lowton's goal, ten wins in a row, promotion and beating the defending champions 7-2.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #747 on: August 06, 2021, 05:55:00 PM »
Quite nauseous Gabby trying to equate his effort with Jacks, knocking in goal against SHA might fool one or two but he was a fucking disgrace in the latter part of his contract

Button it.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #748 on: August 06, 2021, 05:56:54 PM »

This a pop at the club?

I think that it’s no coincidence that he who I can’t bring myself to name knuckled down and developed as a player after John Terry arrived.

Offline danno

« Reply #749 on: August 06, 2021, 06:07:28 PM »
Good question! Moments and players since 2000? Off the top of my head:

Players: Merson, Dublin, Darius, Angel, Mellberg, Laursen, Milner, Petrov, Young, Gabby, Carew, Mings and McGinn.

Moments: Getting to four major finals, top six finishes, the comeback win at Goodison, beating Ajaz in European competition, winning at Old Trafford in 2009, Gary Cahill's goal, good wins against SHA, Lowton's goal, ten wins in a row, promotion and beating the defending champions 7-2.

Almost all of those moments involve either Grealish or Agbonlahor so I do have some sympathy with younger fans who regard them as "club legends".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal