collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:16:08 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby Agbonlahor  (Read 134756 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Gabby Agbonlahor
« Reply #720 on: May 14, 2021, 09:40:04 AM »
I'm as pleased as I'm surprised to hear how good he is, and how comfortable he sounds, doing his media work.

Online West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #721 on: May 14, 2021, 09:58:48 AM »
I'm as pleased as I'm surprised to hear how good he is, and how comfortable he sounds, doing his media work.

Yeah, he seems to enjoy himself as well.

richtheholtender

« Reply #722 on: August 06, 2021, 02:47:14 PM »

This a pop at the club?

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #723 on: August 06, 2021, 02:55:38 PM »

This a pop at the club?

Hate to say it - but he has a point. The loyalty is only valid when at the top - after that everything is discarded.

Offline danno

« Reply #724 on: August 06, 2021, 03:00:18 PM »
I suppose in a world where footballers receive racial abuse online, a footballer can get punched by a pitch  invader banners aimed at managers are unveiled outside peoples homes, and wags being sent death threats, some voices urging us all not to hate him is somewhat understandable.

But it does seem a little bit OTT.  He plays for somebody Villa play against so I'll dislike him all I want.

Offline Randy Gurner

« Reply #725 on: August 06, 2021, 03:00:25 PM »

This a pop at the club?

That is 100% a pop at the club. but who can blame them for distancing themselves from gabby? It's a shame that Jack came through during the dark days of Gabby / Lescott / Richards. I wonder if their collective lack of professionalism, passion and brain cells had more of an influence on Jack than we realise? 

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #726 on: August 06, 2021, 03:01:04 PM »
Probably not, just how he see's it. I mean Gabby was quite happy sitting around for 8 years doing very little and no-one would have cried if he'd left to be fair. And he would have been off like a shot if City had come in for him. I'm fine with that stance, but don't pretend you're any different to promote your image. That's the problem with thingymebob.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #727 on: August 06, 2021, 03:03:53 PM »

This a pop at the club?

Hate to say it - but he has a point. The loyalty is only valid when at the top - after that everything is discarded.

I'm not sure he has, the club funded him for 4-5 years after he stopped putting in the effort, for him to sulk because they didn't have anything to offer once his contract finished says a lot more about him than the club.

The loyalty thing comes up because it's a one way relationship, if a player isn't good enough for the club the contract protects him, if a club isn't good enough for the player it means nothing so the fans and club are relying on the player 'doing the right thing' and they regularly end up being let down one way or the other.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #728 on: August 06, 2021, 03:07:34 PM »
Gabby didn't give the club his all.

richtheholtender

« Reply #729 on: August 06, 2021, 03:07:43 PM »
"When you finish playing for them nothing"

That's because you've finished playing for them Gabby.

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #730 on: August 06, 2021, 03:19:40 PM »
This the guy who was club captain and went missing for 5 years while the club went to shit? In a haze. Bingeing. On full pay. You can do one as well Gabby.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #731 on: August 06, 2021, 03:20:07 PM »
Probably not, just how he see's it. I mean Gabby was quite happy sitting around for 8 years doing very little and no-one would have cried if he'd left to be fair. And he would have been off like a shot if City had come in for him. I'm fine with that stance, but don't pretend you're any different to promote your image. That's the problem with thingymebob.

Eight years doing nothing? I was never Agbonlahor's biggest fan but his "shit spell" seems to grow every time someone wants to slag him off!

Offline Goldie.7

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #733 on: August 06, 2021, 03:26:35 PM »

This a pop at the club?

That is 100% a pop at the club. but who can blame them for distancing themselves from gabby? It's a shame that Jack came through during the dark days of Gabby / Lescott / Richards. I wonder if their collective lack of professionalism, passion and brain cells had more of an influence on Jack than we realise?

Well let's face facts - Grealish lost 2+ calendar football years mid 2015 to into 2017/18 season when he was playing for the worst Villa team in my memory.

Gabby was actually largely shite for 6 years and underperformed for a good chunk of the previous 3. He scored 13 goals 2013-19. He scored a few goals v the Heathens and the Bitters so has an elevated fondness in far too many Villa fans mind

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #734 on: August 06, 2021, 03:26:47 PM »

Eight years doing nothing? I was never Agbonlahor's biggest fan but his "shit spell" seems to grow every time someone wants to slag him off!

Alright then, his shit spell having the scoring record of a slightly more prolific Davis. 30 goals in 8 seasons isn't really pulling up any trees. The fact that no-one would touch him with a barge pole when he left us to the point he had to retire 10 months later says it all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal