collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby Agbonlahor  (Read 134924 times)

Offline BoVillan esq

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor
« Reply #480 on: February 20, 2020, 01:57:38 PM »
Good player, could have been a great player, a career ruined by successive managers, what did Gabby was a lack of ambition, he should have left much early on when Wenger came in for him, as for the comments about weight, it was Martin O'Neil that told Gabby to beef up, to try and stop the amount of bullying that was going on in the opposition box, our John Terry said Gabby was a nightmare to play against and Vidic commented saying the only way to play Gabby was to hack him down, which of course is what he did in the Carling Cup final and should of been sent of for, obviously Dowd thought otherwise, Gabby went the same way the whole club did.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #481 on: February 20, 2020, 02:39:09 PM »
Remi Garde sounds a shite as we all knew he was.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #482 on: February 20, 2020, 02:49:00 PM »
Sure.  The manager who kept Lyonnais in the top four as his club faced bankruptcy and whom our club gave one transfer window to clean out the Aegean Stables of our dressing room and a corrupt committe member blocked the only transfer Remi Garde was allowed to attempt.  Yeah he really is a shite that Remi Garde.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:51:04 PM by brian green »

Offline sid1964

« Reply #483 on: February 20, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
As always, it is always someone else's fault!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #484 on: February 20, 2020, 03:10:08 PM »
It seems a shame that Gabby feels he has to justify the w-nk of a player he became by talking to the media (like richards) and playing the blame game instead of taking some responsibility.
Re Garde he wasn't here long enough to make a judgement, but when it's clear you have no support from lerner or his minions (pretending to be football people) and you're being given the run-around in the changing room by the likes of Gabby, richards, lescott etc you're in a no-win situation.
Gabby needed to be a bit more like Hutton and less like some of the wastrels in our relegation season and then he wouldn't feel the need to justify himself.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #485 on: February 20, 2020, 03:18:46 PM »
Back at ya
" I don't understand your logic".
;)

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #486 on: February 20, 2020, 03:38:24 PM »
Was it Lambert or Lerner who were to blame for the fact that Gabby sprouted tits and love handles?

But lets look at it from a player prospective.   Players are sold the better ones like young milner and downing. Then replaced with players whose noway near as good. Then we have flop managers come in like houllier mcleish and garde.

It would unsettle most players i think. So its not all gabbys fault

It doesn't mean you stop giving a shit.

I agree but we dont know what was going on behind the scenes.  Think how demorising it must be having all your good players sold and then changing managers all the time. Cant be good for atmosphere at the club

Offline Ads

« Reply #487 on: February 20, 2020, 03:41:09 PM »
Sure.  The manager who kept Lyonnais in the top four as his club faced bankruptcy and whom our club gave one transfer window to clean out the Aegean Stables of our dressing room and a corrupt committe member blocked the only transfer Remi Garde was allowed to attempt.  Yeah he really is a shite that Remi Garde.

I couldn't care less what he did for for Lyon. He was utter shite for us.

Gabby gets stick for retiring 5 years before he actually did, Garde not trying and acting like a moron towards our best player in generations, coupled with his desperately poor record, shows how chronic he was.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:42:58 PM by Ads »

Offline Ads

« Reply #488 on: February 20, 2020, 03:45:58 PM »
Back at ya
;)

What are you struggling with?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #489 on: February 20, 2020, 05:12:55 PM »
Back at ya
;)

What are you struggling with?
Care to expand on that, maybe in a PM
If its a reference to my posting Off Topic then you are bang out of order.     

Offline Ads

« Reply #490 on: February 20, 2020, 05:16:29 PM »
You said you don't understand my logic. I'm asking what part of "Garde was shite" are you struggling with, the implication being I'll happily elaborate further as to why Garde was shite.

I have no idea what else you're on about or why you'd be offended.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #491 on: February 20, 2020, 05:38:56 PM »
Garde was shit, but I don't have a problem with how he treated Jack. He dropped him for a couple of games for disciplinary reasons.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #492 on: February 20, 2020, 06:30:57 PM »
Garde waant great but lets not kid ourselves either he was stitched up by that bafoon lerner. Lerner didnt back him whatsoever.

What a shambles this peirod of the club was

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #493 on: February 20, 2020, 06:39:53 PM »
Garde waant great but lets not kid ourselves either he was stitched up by that bafoon lerner. Lerner didnt back him whatsoever.

What a shambles this peirod of the club was

Absolutely. He was well and truly hung out to dry by Villa. An awful time on and off the pitch - I certainly wouldn't take everything Gabby says as gospel either.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #494 on: February 20, 2020, 06:41:08 PM »
I was reading a quote from Paul Birch the other day about how the players could see what was happening from 1984 onwards, they knew how it would end up but they pulled together and battled. That team who got relegated night have been dreadful but with one exception you couldn't really knock their attitude. Compare and contrast with the classs of 2016.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal