collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Proposition Joe
[Today at 02:57:45 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:57:43 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Smithy
[Today at 02:56:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by rougegorge
[Today at 02:56:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 02:56:08 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 02:55:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by martin o`who??
[Today at 02:55:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 02:55:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby and Young: Why?  (Read 9057 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Gabby and Young: Why?
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:00:24 AM »
No, not the players themselves but the positions they were playing in against Sunderland. Surely our esteemed manager could see that it was totally ineffective? Young is not a striker, he's far better on the wing. Gabby also is far more effective up front. If I, plenty of others sitting around me and quite a few posters on here can see that then why can't he?

Then playing Young at the back for the last few minutes beggared belief to me.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Gabby and Young: Why?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:02:23 AM »
Ashley Young... our new quarter-back!

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:02:35 AM »
Young works hard, but sometimes he's all fart & no shit.

Personally, I'd play Albrighton right, Downing left with 2 upfront. Heskey & a new striker.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
Totally agree

Downing on the right? WHY

Petrov was just bypassed all game and looks ridiculously slow

Don't forget bannan at centre half as well

Houllier is a fucking halfwit the same as his little poddle

I can't see a way back for him following the boo's and stick he got at the end, what is it now 3 wins in 16

Offline eastie

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:05:09 AM »
Young will be going soon I think but is a far better better winger than striker- gabby is not a good enough finisher at this level and needs to improve his finishing - not good enough to be in the team but our lack of decent strikers has plagued us for years- cummings can't be worse than what we have got already.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 09:11:52 AM »
Why? Because GH is a rubbish manager.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 09:12:19 AM »
I much prefer Ashley out wide as he can use his pace to greater effect, so why not heskey and gabby up front, Ashley wide right and Downing wide left?

Its not difficultbut to that french twat it's advanced nuclear physics

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
One of the worst tactical decisions by a Villa manger I've ever seen in amtch we simply had to win to get the season back on track. What was even more amazing is that Houllier and his side kick obviously thought it was working ok, because they refused to change things. It took the Heskey sending off to move Gabby up front. Very angry after last night and now really concerned that we are going down.

Oh and why clap Heskey for such a dumb sending off! His madness (and lack of finishing) will cost us over the next 2 or 3 games. I hope he fined heavily!!

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 09:22:57 AM »
Gabby is not that good, on the wing he is terrible. What worried me the most was there didn't appear to be any method going forward. Petrov has to be replaced urgently he is clueless.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 09:23:36 AM »
Because of the performance against Chelsea, if GH changed things around last night & we lost, he'd equally be getting shit for doing so.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 09:31:46 AM »
Because of the performance against Chelsea, if GH changed things around last night & we lost, he'd equally be getting shit for doing so.

But why not change the formation after 30 minutes or at half time when it clearly wasn't working? It was one of the worst tactical decisions I think I've ever seen down the Villa. Houllier is clueless.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »
Not only did he nullify the effectiveness of our two most exciting forward players, which was his biggest sackable offence last night. He showed his willingness to  play plenty out of position by having four centre halves across the back four.
He may as well go for broke, play Brad Friedel up front and put Barry Bannan in goal.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 09:35:32 AM »

But why not change the formation after 30 minutes or at half time when it clearly wasn't working? It was one of the worst tactical decisions I think I've ever seen down the Villa. Houllier is clueless.

Exactly

When i heard the line up i thought good but after 20 mins when it wasnt working he did fuck all about it tgil the 87th minute.

To me we dont have enough fight in us and Petrov as out captain was so far off the pace it was embarrasing and a waste when we could have had bannan or Delph in there

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 09:38:27 AM »

The performance against Chelsea was away at Chelsea.  We were at home to Sunderland, a Sunderland that is the epitome of average.  We should have been going at them from the off in a 4-4-2.  Now, allowing for Houllier's decision to keep a settled side he should have realised after 20 minutes like everybody else that was there that our set up was totally ineffective.  It might have been more effective with Albrighton in Gabby's position as Gabby is not a winger and never will be. 

Offline levico

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 10:36:43 AM »
I think trying to make sense of GH's tactics will lead to sharing his insanity. He hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal