collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 09:49:19 AM]

Ollie Watkins by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:42:08 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:33:36 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:33:23 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby and Young: Why?  (Read 9055 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Gabby and Young: Why?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 02:13:39 PM »
Because of the performance against Chelsea, if GH changed things around last night & we lost, he'd equally be getting shit for doing so.

The performance against Chelsea was away at Chelsea.  We were at home to Sunderland, a Sunderland that is the epitome of average.  We should have been going at them from the off in a 4-4-2.  Now, allowing for Houllier's decision to keep a settled side he should have realised after 20 minutes like everybody else that was there that our set up was totally ineffective.  It might have been more effective with Albrighton in Gabby's position as Gabby is not a winger and never will be. 
You have to ask where did Houllier think the goals were going to come from?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »
Totally agree

Downing on the right? WHY

Petrov was just bypassed all game and looks ridiculously slow

Don't forget bannan at centre half as well

Houllier is a fucking halfwit the same as his little poddle

I can't see a way back for him following the boo's and stick he got at the end, what is it now 3 wins in 16

I didn't think I'd ever see a shorter Centre-Back than when NRC had to fill in there for a while. However, Bannan and Young as Centre-Halves was a sight to behold

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
I have a theory....

Imagine you are an foreign,under-fire manager.

One of your top paid players is stalling on a new contract-decreasing his value and adding to the pressure of your job.
He wants to play inside-behind the Striker,as he is sick of having his ankles kicked by full backs and wants to fulfil his dreams of being a scoring creative midfielder -not just a wonder winger...

if you indulge him he may want to re-sign for your club,thus securing a vital asset and also strengthening your position

The striker you have to shunt to the sidelines(literally) is a commited local lad who hasn't scored this season,but is fast and is contractually sewn up and unlikely to moan too loud to the media

thoughts gentlemen?

Well thought out, sensible posts like that will get you nowhere on this forum

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »
I have a theory....

One of your top paid players is stalling on a new contract-decreasing his value and adding to the pressure of your job.
He wants to play inside-behind the Striker,as he is sick of having his ankles kicked by full backs and wants to fulfil his dreams of being a scoring creative midfielder -not just a wonder winger...

if you indulge him he may want to re-sign for your club,thus securing a vital asset and also strengthening your position

The striker you have to shunt to the sidelines(literally) is a commited local lad who hasn't scored this season,but is fast and is contractually sewn up and unlikely to moan too loud to the media

thoughts gentlemen?

Cash in on Ashley Young. Try and get £20m.

Buy a new attacking midfielder that can create better chances for the local thicko upfront.

Resolved

:D

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
I have a theory....

thoughts gentlemen?

I think it's unlikely. Houllier is, at times, too stubborn for his own good. But I think (at least hope) that he is realizing that he's at the point where priority #1 must be results and that every decision should reflect this.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 03:07:06 PM »
I have a theory....

thoughts gentlemen?
Problem is Houllier has stated that Ashley's best position is inside, not out on the wing. For all the effort Ashley puts in every game, I think he's very unproductive mainly by complicating everything rather than keeping it simple. Also, for somebody playing in that position, he offers very little goal threat so you have to ask, where are the goals going to come from?

Offline Archie

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
No, not the players themselves but the positions they were playing in against Sunderland. Surely our esteemed manager could see that it was totally ineffective? Young is not a striker, he's far better on the wing. Gabby also is far more effective up front. If I, plenty of others sitting around me and quite a few posters on here can see that then why can't he?

Then playing Young at the back for the last few minutes beggared belief to me.

100% agree.
And you can add that Cuellar and Clark, two reliable central backs, the only decent two that we had, have been employed as full backs.
And that Bannan and Albrighton were on the bench.

I suggest to change the titkle of the thread in, as they say in France: Mr Houllier folies, or Le Folies Houlière. ;)

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 03:10:04 PM »
Problem is Houllier has stated that Ashley's best position is inside, not out on the wing. For all the effort Ashley puts in every game, I think he's very unproductive mainly by complicating everything rather than keeping it simple. Also, for somebody playing in that position, he offers very little goal threat so you have to ask, where are the goals going to come from?

This is probably an unwise comments from someone trying to defend GH but it does seem as if he thinks that Heskey is our most reliable goalscorer.

Offline BILL DE VALL

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »
"Well thought out, sensible posts like that will get you nowhere on this forum"

Sorry
I will try to rant a bit more

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

This is probably an unwise comments from someone trying to defend GH but it does seem as if he thinks that Heskey is our most reliable goalscorer.
Well it should be interesting to see how he changes things now we're without our prolific, reliable goalscorer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal