collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ireland threatens villa sit -in?  (Read 22360 times)

Offline eastie

Re: ireland threatens villa sit -in?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 10:29:42 AM »
cant do that nastylee , we would just be wasting millions and he wuld be laughing his bollocks off- we have to cut our losses and get rid , hiuge error to buy him and pay him those wages when managerless - this one cannot be blamed on mon!

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 10:31:31 AM »
they are saying he would just do the bare minimum to get his wages...

although its in the mirror, and is probably just as much nonsense as the other "article" floating about that says we cant afford to buy in january and will only loan...

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 10:36:40 AM »
I think Man City are paying part of his wages now so it wouldnt surprise me one bit

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 10:39:09 AM »
cant do that nastylee , we would just be wasting millions and he wuld be laughing his bollocks off- we have to cut our losses and get rid , hiuge error to buy him and pay him those wages when managerless - this one cannot be blamed on mon!

I think I'd put more of the blame at Houllier's door to be honest.  Houllier's been just a big a disappointment as Ireland, and his man management skills and charisma make O'Neill look like JFK.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 10:42:39 AM »
I think Man City are paying part of his wages now so it wouldnt surprise me one bit

Why would Man City be paying some of his wages?

Offline eastie

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 10:52:08 AM »
Because he took a huge drop in wage to come here man city are probably making up some of the difference and I guess he will insist we do the same if he moves for less wages- with the length of his contract he has us by the balls I'm afraid to say!

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 11:00:43 AM »

I think I'd put more of the blame at Houllier's door to be honest.  Houllier's been just a big a disappointment as Ireland, and his man management skills and charisma make O'Neill look like JFK.

I'm STUNNED at that comment, STUNNED !

Offline Olneythelonely

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »
Because he took a huge drop in wage to come here man city are probably making up some of the difference and I guess he will insist we do the same if he moves for less wages- with the length of his contract he has us by the balls I'm afraid to say!

Why would Man City agree to that? Didn't he get compo off them?

Offline eastie

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »
I think man city can afford to pay people off for to help get rid  but we do not have the resources that they have- not sure on the transfer rules now but in the past a players used to get a small cut of the transfer fee if he hadn't asked for a move.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

I'm STUNNED at that comment, STUNNED !

Are YOU?

Offline Olneythelonely

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 11:12:12 AM »
But if they paid his contract off, which if I remember correctly they did and that's what held up the deal. I don't see why they'd be paying him money every month.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 11:12:16 AM »

Because the players you would expect to make trouble (Ireland, Carew etc.) have kicked up a fuss, whereas others (Heskey, Downing) are in the best form of their Villa careers he's a bad man manager?

Offline Diablo

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2010, 11:13:37 AM »

Unfortunately I couldn't agree more

Offline eastie

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 11:17:32 AM »
Totally disagree, Im glad houllier is having a clearout and getting rid of the players like Ireland, Carew and sidwell - these players should hang their head in shame for the lack of effort and lack of pride they have shown for their team in recent times- good riddance to them and well done gerard!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:19:12 AM by east19 »

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 11:19:27 AM »
what a dick....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal