collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ireland threatens villa sit -in?  (Read 22359 times)

Offline eastie

Re: ireland threatens villa sit -in?
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 12:52:54 PM »
But if the reports are correct his sit in means he will just turn up when told to report for training and get paid- he will not be breaking his contract , just running it down and picking up his money - which is the last thing we need- we must hold our hands up and accept it's been a costly mistake and get what we can for him and get rid.

If the only way is to subsidise a move elsewhere then it's still better than having his poisonous attitude about the place and we can move on.

We have made many costly errors in the past , curcic and balanan  being 2 , and we make others in the future-that's football as is the good ones like platt, yorke, milner- it's swings and roundabouts.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
But if the reports are correct his sit in means he will just turn up when told to report for training and get paid- he will not be breaking his contract
So basically doing what he has done for the last five months? And behaving like most players do?

Online Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 01:04:51 PM »
I think one of the main reasons for some players not at their best is that we are now trying to play much more of a passing game- some of mons players were functional in his system but are not good enough in possession to play a pass and move style of football and therefore we are looking at several changes throughout the team.
I think this also..

Online Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2010, 01:06:02 PM »
But if the reports are correct his sit in means he will just turn up when told to report for training and get paid- he will not be breaking his contract
So basically doing what he has done for the last five months? And behaving like most players do?
And will be classified by the business as damaged goods.

Most clubs know that the players have to much power - this will only aid them in that, so I guess (many) clubs will not touch him after that

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2010, 01:06:28 PM »
I don't know how much truth there is in this, I can only judge his performances in a Villa shirt. He seems keen for the first few minutes and then loses any semblance of attitude. I'd like to think he'll come good for us but not sure what his best position is, and how it would affect the rest of the side, balance, etc.

Offline treaders12000

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2010, 01:08:15 PM »
If true. Would all villa fans please look for baby irelands rattle and if found please insert in a choice place sideways !

Offline eastie

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
It's quite obvious that if he did what he's done the last few months it would benefit nobody- he doesn't want to be here and houllier doesn't want him so he will go- but I think he will squeeze us for every penny he can just as he did with city.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
I'd like to know what Houllier or any other manager could do that would be different as far as Ireland is concerned.
He's shown from his past behaviour he isn't the easiest player to motivate perhaps Hughes has something, most others lack, or was he just lucky.
I'm sure the Board will find a satisfactory means to remove the waster, especially with Houllier aiding their efforts.
Good luck to them, when you see talent costing a fortune in fees and wages doing nothing and just turning up season after season, its nice to see a freshh broom sweeping the crap away finally.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »
Yes, Ireland is a good player, but look at his career as a whole. 1 really good season, the rest? average or poor.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »
It's easy to talk big, but I expect we will have to give him what he wants and rely on karma to do the rest.

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »
I wonder how different things would have been if that effort had gone inside the post in the first few minutes against Chelsea.

All players are different and he seems more of an "arm around the shoulder type" - not Houllier's style so there can only be one outcome.

Somone will get him playing again - probably Hughes at Fulham.

Online john2710

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2010, 01:49:25 PM »

All players are different and he seems more of an "arm around the shoulder type" - not Houllier's style so there can only be one outcome.

Somone will get him playing again - probably Hughes at Fulham.

This particular prick needs arms round his neck rather than his shoulder.
I can't see anyone touching him unless we give him away.

Online KRS

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2010, 02:09:08 PM »
Yet another example of there being far too much player power in the game. Any other job or industry and he would be sacked...try claiming unfair dismissal for "sitting on my ass doing nothing picking up m weekly extortionate wage". Ridiculous how players are getting away with this sort of thing.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »
I think that the ego's of managers all over Britain will be saying I could be the manager that makes him the player he could be. They will look at the fact that he will be reasonably priced for a player of such ability and think if I can unlock it, i've got myself a great player on the cheap.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »
I think that the ego's of managers all over Britain will be saying I could be the manager that makes him the player he could be. They will look at the fact that he will be reasonably priced for a player of such ability and think if I can unlock it, i've got myself a great player on the cheap.
Hopefully.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal