collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ireland threatens villa sit -in?  (Read 22399 times)

Offline Jockey Randall

Re: ireland threatens villa sit -in?
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2010, 07:12:57 PM »
I really don't know what to make of this whole situation. On one hand, if Houllier is forcing him out you could say that's pretty unfair on Ireland if he does want to stay and prove himself here, but then you can't really blame Ged for wanting to build his own squad and not have players he doesn't really want earning 60k+ a week. I would say though that the pasting Ireland is getting from some sections seems a little over the top as I don't know how anyone can have a strong opinion on the situation when only a handful of people know what has really happened.

To me Ireland looks like he's suffering from Sidwell syndrome in that he's had so much time without playing that he's forgotten he was once a good player and only playing regularly will help this. It's a shame as I think there is a player in there who could really add a lot to the side.

The only conclusion I can come to from this mess at the moment is that it's another pile of crap left over from MON when he decided to jump ship a week before the season started. As we've now been left with a new signing who the new manager doesn't really see as part of his team for the future.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »
what if one of our strong tacklers, for a christmas bonus, hurt him in training so that his 'career' came to an end...would we have grounds for claiming on insurance?

Is that the sort of karma we are thinking of....would generally not like that sort of thing to happen to a player....but in this circumstance....I dont know whether I would feel the same...

I feel sick with myself.....I know

Offline Simba

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2010, 07:42:27 PM »
Jockey R

A very mature response but imagine the boardroom. The bloody accountants.

This man does simply not want to be here. He clearly does not want to play for Aston Villa.

We are not good enough for him.

I don't know what you do in life but he would be out of my company in a second. Cancerous.

The past is gone.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2010, 08:31:40 PM »
Every bit of this deal has been shit and, frankly, we've been played like a fiddle, first by Citeh and now by Ireland and/or his agent.

Whether there is any truth in this story is neither here nor there, the sooner we get rid the better.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2010, 09:42:22 PM »
This all comes back once again to a lack of football knowledge on the Villa board,the only thing i criticise Lerner for is being naeive enough to believe that he could come in as a football virgin and not need advice from someone with a long time knowledge of the premiership. If for example Graham Taylor had been appointed to the board in an advisory capacity i am certain many of the problems we are encountering would have been avoided.

Offline ronshirt

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
Let's hypnotise him. Tell him our kit is the new City away strip. Get Houllier to wear a Mark Hughes mask. Easy peasy. Just takes a little thought.

Offline Richard C

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2010, 10:04:26 PM »
The signs were there long before he arrived that he was indeed a wanker and he has just reinforced those views. The quicker he goes the better.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »
He will come back to haunt us.  Of that I am sure.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2010, 11:06:31 PM »
This all comes back once again to a lack of football knowledge on the Villa board,the only thing i criticise Lerner for is being naeive enough to believe that he could come in as a football virgin and not need advice from someone with a long time knowledge of the premiership. If for example Graham Taylor had been appointed to the board in an advisory capacity i am certain many of the problems we are encountering would have been avoided.

This. This. A thousand time, this!

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2010, 11:09:38 PM »
I really don't know what to make of this whole situation. On one hand, if Houllier is forcing him out you could say that's pretty unfair on Ireland if he does want to stay and prove himself here, but then you can't really blame Ged for wanting to build his own squad and not have players he doesn't really want earning 60k+ a week. I would say though that the pasting Ireland is getting from some sections seems a little over the top as I don't know how anyone can have a strong opinion on the situation when only a handful of people know what has really happened.

To me Ireland looks like he's suffering from Sidwell syndrome in that he's had so much time without playing that he's forgotten he was once a good player and only playing regularly will help this. It's a shame as I think there is a player in there who could really add a lot to the side.

The only conclusion I can come to from this mess at the moment is that it's another pile of crap left over from MON when he decided to jump ship a week before the season started. As we've now been left with a new signing who the new manager doesn't really see as part of his team for the future.

I read this and I understand it completely.

But then I look at what your average Stephen-Ireland-IQ lad of his age would be doing...stuck in some shithole in Afghanistan getting absolutely bollocked by his commanding officer for being a thick ****** and to get out there, be a fucking man, stop complaining like a pussy and do the job your fucking well paid to do.

Kind of puts it all into perspective doesn't it?

Life gave Stepen Ireland a very special gift. And the fucker doesn't want to use it. He just wants to milk it for all it's worth.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2010, 12:04:09 AM »
Boards biggest mistake so far...

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2010, 12:29:17 AM »

He did not want to leave citeh, he was forced out, he has gone 18 months without playing regular first team football, he joins a club as a make weight and also a club in some state of flux. he goes from being the best player at citeh 2 years ago to joining a team that is strugling with a massive injury problem and a new management team. there is no playing role for him in the system we use although he is probably technicaly a better player than A Young in the free role. As a bloke that shuns publicity he finds himself in the media spot light partly due to his new mangers comments to the media. It is not his fault that some one agreed to pay him £65k per week. It is a total mess

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2010, 12:34:14 AM »

He did not want to leave citeh, he was forced out, he has gone 18 months without playing regular first team football, he joins a club as a make weight and also a club in some state of flux. he goes from being the best player at citeh 2 years ago to joining a team that is strugling with a massive injury problem and a new management team. there is no playing role for him in the system we use although he is probably technicaly a better player than A Young in the free role. As a bloke that shuns publicity he finds himself in the media spot light partly due to his new mangers comments to the media. It is not his fault that some one agreed to pay him £65k per week. It is a total mess

For a bloke that shuns publicity he seems to have a God-given knack of attracting it and while it's not his fault somebody pays him 65k a week, if I was getting that sort of money the very least I would do would be to show some gratitude by performing to the best of my ability.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2010, 12:40:49 AM »
He will come back to haunt us.  Of that I am sure.

Only if we draw the lower league club he'll inevitably end at in a cup competition. He's spent at the highest level.

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2010, 04:13:17 AM »
Life gave Stepen Ireland a very special gift. And the fucker doesn't want to use it. He just wants to milk it for all it's worth.
Special gift?  An ability to imagine dead people?  :)

I have a certain dislike for him since his days at City.  I have never liked the idea of him being the makeweight in the Milner deal.  From day one, you know he doesn't want to leave City.  And to play for us.

Wanker = Stephen Ireland.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal